Sunday, Oct. 8

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday, Oct. 8

Postby Colliemom » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:58 am

Good Morning. Been AWOL as Carolb likes to say. Got home from the Thompson GTG on Thursday. Had a good time. Good company, beautiful campground and some great food. What more could one want. Also some great campgrounds coming and going. That’s the final trip for this year. Time to winterize and park the trailer, give it a good bath and cover it up.

Thinking of those who are in Nate’s path and hoping you don’t get too much rain. We could use more here, as it’s been dry. Fall color is coming in slow due to the above normal temps this fall. Some tres are drooping leaves without turning much color wise. But it is starting to look like there is going to be some beautiful color coming up in this next week. Right now I have pine needles to clean up as well as one trees leaves. Will be cranking up the leaf blower this week. Today’s project after mass is to give inside of trailer a cleaning and take out some things to be stored in basement for winter.

Need to do some reading to kind of catch up on what’s been happening with everyone. Seems to be kind of quiet on here of late. Guess we are all just busy with life. Those traveling are busy enjoying their travels etc. Hope you all have a nice day, stay safe.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunday, Oct. 8

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 am

Good Morning, Beautiful sunshine here this morning in the Amana Colonies after the heavy rain, cold wind of the past two days! Today we will “hit the shops”. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Good morning

Been a while since I checked in. Haven't forgotten you ladies, just haven't had anything interesting to report. No travel since returning from FL in late March. Most of summer has been dealing with some health problems and various property issues - been a season of things breaking or malfunctioning.

The only real excitement this summer was getting up one morning to discover a snake in the kitchen. I could have gone a lifetime without that one. Did manage to capture it before going into a total panic melt down.

So sorry I wasn't able to make the gtg.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Queen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:20 pm

We made it to Florida, ended up packing the U-Haul trailer in a pouring rain storm, then driving in lots of rain the rest of the day. Finally got clear skies the next two days. We're unloaded and mostly unpacked. WHEW!!!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:25 pm

I spent the morning driving several of the roads at the National Wildlife Refuge... Then decided to stop at Fort Union National Monument... Peaches was allowed on the trails with me, so we got a good walk in two days in row. However I didn't end up driving far lol. And a Wal-Mart it is again... :o Convenient as I developed a headache. Normally Peaches would have preferred the state park not far down the road, but she's tired so hasn't complained. Heck she hasn't even wanted to go out yet!

Mickie and Mary, glad you are dried out and south.

Sarah, good to hear from you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee