Late Sarurday morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Late Sarurday morning

Postby Redetotry » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:38 am

It's getting close to noon here and the sun is out AGAIN...we haven't had rain in so long many plants and trees are dying. I doubt we have much fall color. Martha I hope you can go camping soon, I'm sure you need a break. We are planning to go to the Homecoming dance in my hometown tonight. The civic center has a party for all graduates and it is a good opportunity to reconnect and catch up. Cheryl, I'm sorry about all your problems with your rigs, do you ever consider buying a small used class A or C? It seems there so many of the newer ones in all of the models that an older one might be more reliable. I know my newer on isn't made as well as my older one.
Enjoy the day!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Late Sarurday morning

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:46 pm

BJ, I think some of the older RV's are better made too. Mine is 15 years old and seems to be holding up well. I would like a different floor plan but no more than I am able to travel I think I will make do with what I have. Coming home yesterday I thought I had a major problem. I had started the generator and turned the ac on because the generator needed to be run. I can't hear the generator if the engine is running. Somewhere along the way a couple of breakers tripped. When I stopped none of my gauges would light up. It took me a while to figure out that 2 breakers and a ground fault outlet had tripped. I will have to try the generator again and see what is going on.

The Cattle Festival is going on in town this weekend. I might have to stop and get a funnel cake when I go to visit Harold. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Hello BJ and everyone!

It's homecoming weekend here, also, but I didn't realize it until we went into town and followed the end of the parade going back to the high school on our way to the grocery store. I remember many years ago helping put the floats together and attending the homecoming dance, which was so special.

The weather here is gorgeous, with above normal temperatures for this time of the year. We'll have rain from Nate, moving in later tomorrow into Monday. I hope he looses strength by the time he gets here. We're preparing for another trip south and hope this won't delay us.

We need to finish picking crabs so we can have crab cakes for dinner. Safe travels to those on the road and hope those at home are well!

Martha, you and I posted at the same time. I hope the problem on your motorhome is an easy fix. It seems like there is always something that needs to be taken care of. I'm glad Harold's surgery went well and that you have a chance to visit your friends for a while at the campout.
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Good morning gals!

I took my Jeep in this morning to get it checked out. When I test drove it, there was quite a bit of play in the steering wheel and I mentioned that to them so they said I could bring it in to any mechanic and have an alignment done and they would pay for it. Well, it turns out it is a loose tie rod so am hoping they are willing to pay for that too. The parts are on order so will get that fixed sometime this week.

Also, we finally heard back with a counter offer on the house! The price on it was $112K but just went down last week to $108. I countered at $95K. They just came back at $98.7K. :D I am going to accept that with a contingency on the inspection which hopefully can get done this week. Also should know by the end of the week if I am accepted by the park association. I am cautiously excited! :D

Hope you gals down south aren't too affected by the next hurricane!

It is gonna be in the mid 90's today but back down into the mid 70's tomorrow.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Barbie will you own the lot also? Is there HOA fees? I hope you get what you want!! Good luck.

We are also having gorgeous weather here in No. Central CA. Hope you all have a great weekend

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Good afternoon from sunny Maxwell National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico. I stopped here overnight the last two years heading north. This is the first year I'm taking the similar route south... Love the peace and quiet, animals, birds, etc.. So here I am again. The only negative are the bugs.. So far I've found three wasps who found their way in. Unacceptable LOL. OOPS, just saw another.

Martha, I hope you get to enjoy some time. My heart aches for you.

Good luck, Barbie.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 pm

I won't own the lot and there is a HOA/lot rent but with the rent control in that area it is considerably less than most mobile home parks out here and includes water, sewer and trash. No taxes!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Azusateach » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:I won't own the lot and there is a HOA/lot rent but with the rent control in that area it is considerably less than most mobile home parks out here and includes water, sewer and trash. No taxes!

Barbie, you may not have property taxes, but you will pay a small tax based on the value of the coach. And if the park you’re looking at is like almost all the others in So. California, the utilities will be included in your space rent, but will be different every month.

Another thing to look at is how much power is coming in to each unit. Is it only 50amp, or 100amp? If it’s 50, you’re going to have a hard time running any kind of AC along with other appliances. I had a friend who couldn’t run her vacuum and television at the same time or she’d trip a breaker because her coach was only 50amp. If you’ve got 100amp you’ll be okay.

Laura
Azusateach

Return to Morning Coffee