Foggy Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Foggy Friday

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:40 am

Ha. The night owl did an early to bed, early to rise to discover a dense fog advisory happening. And they aren't kidding. So it'll be a lazy morning with a later travel start. I'll decide once on the road weather to check out the reservoir I never made it to yesterday or to continue to New Mexico. Such tough decisions lol

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Foggy Friday

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 am

Some of us have such hard decisions. I do remind myself of the years that are now memories when I just woke up early early early and kept putting one foot in front of the other and plowed through the days trying to get through what ever was in front of me. Some of it mattered but some of it was just a matter of survival, a need to provide for family, a need to be there for family and people that needed you. Taking time for deep "thinks" was difficult.

But we made it didn't we? And I figure that I should respect and appreciate the past paths that got me to this present journey.

Today's adventures on the road will be north to Fulton County, Ohio, and two more Josef dog shows this weekend. But dues were definitely paid to get to this decision point. :roll:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 am

Good Morning! Foggy here in Thompson too! I am now following along behind Cheryl, as her awning bar got bent. I will let her give you the details.
I am on west 80, heading for Davenport in the fog. Not heavy tho.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Tina, I know what you mean by those days, and am SO happy to be retired and not have to worry so much about a schedule!

Saw a t-shirt last year on an older man that said, "I may be old, but YOU have to go to work on Monday." Think I might try to get a version of that made.

On I-5 just south of Oregon-California and heading to Napa. Will pick up my glasses and computer and then head west to Yosemite on Monday after my dermatology appt. (Got a spot on my nose that needs to be checked.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:29 pm

I rarely overnight at Walmart's, probably a couple years since my last time. But after a great morning (after the fog LOL) winds overtook me, so an hour before I planned to stop, this Walmart called my name. We'll rock and roll here for the afternoon and evening and head out early for the hour drive... Where I'll spend all day and tomorrow night.

Well said, Tina. And, yes, Judy, even though we are still working, it's not at all the same. Neat shirt.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi ladies ~~~
Way past morning. Lyn & I are settled into an RV park in Amana, IA. And yes, I am waiting for parts again. Long story short, I had to change sites for the last night at Thomson, put the awning out to block the sun, and I when tried to pull the awning in, the bedroom door was not in the right spot because the outside door latch broke again, causing the outside portion of the awning bar to bend. :x Cable tied the awning closed, with Lyn pushing on it, found a dealer in Davenport and headed there in the early A.M. Part is on order with Wednesday appointment to get it fixed. They will also install a new TV, that I need to buy tomorrow. I have a case number with the factory for that, and the dealer didn't fix it (it keeps shutting off anywhere from 30 seconds to 45 minutes after it's on). I'll get reimbursed for the TV and that install. I am a TV watcher to a point, but I'm mostly interested in weather for trip planning. I hate knowing rain is coming, but if I can't see major storms, how do I prepare? (rhetorical question unless you have ideas :D ) I still have to find my weather radio, and the AC charger for the GPS. Things that went into the camper at the last minute. I just can't remember where I put them! :oops: Yes, I have some organization to do.

It's been foggy all day from Thomson, IL to Amana, IA and it's still raining. Lyn is being an angel and sitting with me for a few days here, then we'll split up, I'll get the repairs done, and I'll meet her at the next stop on her route. She has her next few over night stops planned, but on my agenda is to figure out the new Garmin GPS. A lot different than the Rand McNally that that I had. Well, since I can't watch TV, I can read an owners manual. Now doesn't that sound like fun?! Not!

So that's an update on my first full timing week. Stay safe on the roads where ever you are, or at home if you are there too.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Cheryl, you don't always pick up tv. I recommend using weather apps on your phone. Hope things get fixed this time.
Beth
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Bethers wrote:Cheryl, you don't always pick up tv. I recommend using weather apps on your phone. Hope things get fixed this time.

Understood. But I think it may be a while before I'm actually off the grid like some of you boondocking pros ;) . I've got a couple of weather apps on the phone too.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm

while in Amana Colony go shopping for at least dinner.....at the right restaurant can be amazing
been years since I have eaten there so won't even begin to recommend
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 pm

I took my motorhome over to New Orleans last Saturday for my sister to use for the GTG with friends. I came back Sunday for Harold's surgery on his arm. Spent 3 nights in the hospital with him and he was moved back to the nursing home yesterday. I went back to New Orleans and spent the night. Almost everyone was heading out to get ahead of the storm so we came home. It looks like the storm is going to go more to the East but we won't know where it's going until it makes landfall. Hope it doesn't make another big mess.

I am so ready to go camping. The Louisiana group is going to the lake in 2 weeks. Maybe I can make a few days with them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee