Wednesday 4 October

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday 4 October

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 am

I once had a prof who said, almost every Wednesday, "We have broken the back of the week." I like that! Of course, now I don't have to worry about that any more!

I'm all excited this morning -- I just heard that all four Frank Lloyd Wright houses in this area will be open for tours Sunday afternoon! Whee! I've been wanting to see the interiors for literally decades. Wright was going to build Usonia II here -- until the banks refused mortgages on his building plans. Only one house was ever built to the original design; the others came later and were adaptations. There are some wonderful stories about Usonia II. Sunday is going to be fun! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: Wednesday 4 October

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:01 am

Good morning Louise and all...Wow not very much activity on the form lately wonder what's going on...... I am headed to Gainesville today in the general area will take my time .... visit with Nan... I have my appointment tomorrow with Sunshine State RV in Gainesville and I will continue on looking for my new home I might be looking over toward the mid to Western part of the state...this is not an easy job...B safe donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:52 am

Just a short note to say I'm preparing to get on the road today. Yea! Need to stash some inside things and unhook electric.... Of course, after walking Peaches.

Have fun!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 am

Stretching the morning out just sitting here in Kickapoo State park in eastern Illinois. I need to make it back to the driveway today but feel no urge to hurry. Tomorrow I run up I-71 to Columbus and pick up Josef and Friday I head up I-75 for the weekend dog show. There might be some unpacking and packing back up in between parking and driving away again. There is not a big need for kayaks at dog shows. :)

Puppers are outside in the x-pen fencing asking for leashes and a walk around some of the camping loops. I have been called to service. Everyone go find the good in the day!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:44 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~
Quite breezy on the Mississippi this A.M. Some light rain overnight. Lyn is off getting an oil change and I'm just doing 'stuff'. True to the full time problem of losing track of days, I just looked at my reservation changes, extending until Friday so I can follow Lyn for a bit. Gave myself a bit of a scare, thinking I had one night without a site. :shock: But all is good with the world again. :D

Doing some organizing, if you call one thing organization :lol: , but I have all the time in the world now (fingers crossed). I'll figure it out as I go.

I did a blog post if anyone wants to see my take on the events. I don't think any of us got a pic of all 5 of us together. Ya know, things slip by when you're having fun.
https://irishiroamiwrite2016.blogspot.com/p/2017_6.html

Stay safe where ever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Lyn could make a tent out of the shirt she had. lol I think I would have had to have one.

The doctor finally made rounds so I came home to change. Harold is spending another night in the hospital. He was only getting pain medicine to his arm so he slept very little last night. He ask me a 1,000 stupid and off the wall questions. I sure hope he sleeps tonight. I don't know what is going to happen when they start moving him around.

Would like to know what the storm is going to do in the Gulf. I need to go back to New Orleans to bring my motorhome back if there is a storm coming. It's far out so they don't know for sure where it will go.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Cheryl, really like the picture of the two eagles fishing together! Watching birds does take patience. Good thing you are retired! :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Great post, Cheryl. And I think Lyn should have purchased that shirt and be wearing it regularly.

Just tried to do a post with a couple pictures. But while most is fast this little town I'm in in Nebraska isn't even 3g service... So they'll have to wait. I'm intending to boondock tomorrow if I like the place I've selected... Don't know until I get there about that and if there's service.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee