heartbreaking Monday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

heartbreaking Monday...

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 am

I just read about what happened in Las Vegas last night. So horrifying! I am just stunned and disgusted! :twisted: Beyond words... :cry:

****************************************************************************************

Have the day off. Nothing much planned so far for the first part of the day. Planning to go see another mobile home in Vista this afternoon and then take another look at the first one we looked at which I am very interested in!

Hope those of you at the GTG's are having a great time! Let us know what you are doing and post photos please! (including the food!)

Have a good day :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: heartbreaking Monday...

Postby PeggyinCT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Good morning Everybody. Beverly and I are fine. We were in the old section of town; not on the Strip. I have not heard from Carol. Perhaps she is not in town. Sad day here in Vegas....Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Carol checked into Facebook this morning.
Terrible tragedy. Praying for all involved.
We are off to UCD for NP visit.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Going to be an indoor, relaxing day most of today. Might go for one last quick bike ride, but it is VERY cold here. I got invited to some neighbors last night for a hot dog roast around the campfire. I bundled up as best as I could, but by 9:00 p.m. I was really thoroughly chilled. Came home and turned heat on in both furnaces and my electric heater and roasted myself for a couple of hours before I took a hot shower. Daytime highs are about 59-60 and lows are in 40s, but also damp, so really feels cold.

Next door neighbors tried to leave yesterday morning, but discovered that their pickup truck they use to tow their 5th wheel had a broken belt, and no parts stores open on Sunday, but no service places open either. So they sat around all day yesterday, and today looks like they are still hanging around. Wasn't it someone on this forum that had a similar experience? When I had my transmission flushed, I had them check my belt among other things, and they said it was slightly worn, but looked OK. I ended up buying one so I would have it if I got stuck in the middle of nowhere.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 pm

I just made an offer on the first place I looked at the other day! Excited but nervous! I hope I can get approved by the Community there. My income is just barely enough for qualifying I think (that is with my part-time hours). They want your income to be 3 times what the lot rent plus utilities and bills come to. I also asked about the lot rent increases there. Vista is in a rent-control area so the increases are annually and only $15 per year, so that sounds very reasonable. Maybe why the lot rent there is quite a bit less than anywhere else in San Diego.

There is so much space outdoors to put in a veggie garden, flower gardens, sitting areas near the creek, etc. Plus the enclosed California room which is 9' X 23' with new bamboo floors and all windows on three sides facing the creek and woods. There is also an outdoor cat house attached to the porch which I could fix up for Lola so she could be "outside" in her own enclosure. On the back side of the property is an orange grove. It is so quiet around there and feels like being out in the country somewhere but is very close to lots of shopping and 10 minutes to the beaches. A nice cool coastal breeze comes thru there too. :D

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 am

Good luck, Barbie!

It sounds fabulous!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby RitaMc » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Barb, such happy news for you. You will love a place of your own. Praying all works and you are accepted. Rained here for the last 3 days. About 5 inches total. We have been talking about doing a fall camping trip for years. Finally all the stars lined up with no other responsibilities on our shoulders so we planned to go on a fall leaf camp out at Jay Cook State park in Duluth. But neither of us wanted to sit in the rain so canceled out. Parks will now close for the season in Minnesota so the Shasta is ready for a spring camp out!
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Fingers and toes crossed for you. Its about time you get a break.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 pm

hope it works out Barbie
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee