Check in October 1st..

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Check in October 1st..

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 am

Good morning all... It's a beautiful rainy day in Florida at Wickham Park campground... Yesterday it was so hot with no AC that Pheebe and I had to go to the laundry room where there is ac and sit most of the afternoon... at one point I went into the ladies bathroom stuck my head under the shower pick Pheebe up and stuck her under the shower she did not like it but at least she quit panting and we cooled off... it's supposed to be a tad cooler this week mid-80s... I still have a lot to take care of here in Melbourne and I got a few things done on Friday and Saturday as soon as I get the new AC should be Tuesday or Wednesday I will be taking things out of the RT put in storage and taking stuff out of storage I no longer think I need or want and donate I need to make the RT more livable... I will be looking for a park model to buy preferably on a you own the Land Community type setting.... still having refrigerator problems but as the saying goes this too shall pass and things will be looking better....B safe donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Check in October 1st..

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:04 am

Good Morning Donna and Everyone !! I shall try today to give a check in, I loose more post then gets online with my in and out service here. :D Yesterday afternoon, power was off for hours. No worries for me though. I didn't accomplish much though, couldn't play tv to get the hollowness out of an almost empty place, so came down here set in my chair , put my feet up and finished my book i started some time ago. Mr P was tickled he immediately jumped up in my lap, cuddled up in a tight little ball and slept. He's not happy unless he can curl up and has to be touching me and getting on my lap, hey that's tops!!!!

Donna, you are very wise in finding ways to keep your body heat down!! I'm hoping for Tues that you get it fixed. I can picture Ms Pheebe, when you stuck her under shower, she was very indignant , I'm sure. I'm sorry when I visualize it I can't help but chuckle a bit, what a surprise it must have been for her.

Hope you all have a great day, another first of the month one, we only have two left this year!!! Another year almost gone !! Enjoy today !!

Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby PeggyinCT » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:50 am

Good morning Everybody, I just spent five days in spectacular Zion Nat'l Park and I gave to say it is my favorite of all the parks I've seen this trip. Even got the old hiking boots out for some walks, but much to my dismay the soles peeled off. I guess the rig got too hot and the adhesive failed. Oh well. Heading to Las Vegas this morning for a few days. Carol I sent you a pm. Hope we can meet up. After Vegas We're heading to Quartzsite to see Generator Bob. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55 am

Parked here in Illinois with Sue, Cheryl, Eileen and Lyn. Enjoying the weather and the views of the Mississippi River and the birds that gather along the causeway..... Will be here until Tuesday morning then heading back east. Still have some adventures planned to explore here before we break up and head our individual directions. Okay, who else is out there making their way through their personal road maps!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Beki » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 am

RABBIT'S. As they say Happy Fall u all'. Home here in Florida. Just finished yard pick up from Irma. ;) No damage here on the home front. Power was down nine days. Cable just back on Tuesday. I am not Amish anymore.. Doing some painting and up dating in the ice cream shop. All is well. Anyone in the area stop in A Better Scoop, 70 S. Indiana Ave, Englewood,FL.. check us on Facebook or website. Best creamy ice cream around. No trips planed. Harding Lake in February. Thanks, for the summer fun gals. Travel safe out there.

Beki
On the Gulf Coast.
Beki

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning,
Rabbits was said, and coffee is on. I slept in this morning. It was a surprise to me!
Haven't done that in a very long time.
Today is little birthday celebration for youngest grandson. Its at some trampoline park here in town. His actual bday is not for a few weeks yet.
I think I've finally reached that point of normalcy after returning from my very long trip.
Purging and sorting stuff in the shed, I've determined is a life long chore, if not a shed, its a closet or storage bay.
Y'all have a great day, be safe, be healthy and have fun at your gtg's.
Last edited by avalen on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:42 am

My goodness, I remembered to say Rabbits! How did that happen? I usually forget. :lol:

Gorgeous weather here. This will be a good day to replace the seals on the back door of the van -- they're pretty worn. That will be one more job off the 'leaving' checklist!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Othersharon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:07 am

Still morning here, at least for a few minutes! It was really cold this morning, 36! Amazing after the warmth we had last week! Forgot to say rabbits so here's hoping I still have a good month!

I saw Elkriverrats off this morning. She came up on Friday and we spent all day yesterday in the Benezette hunting for elk! We were lucky enough to see some on someone's lawn before we actually got to the town! Score! We were lucky enough then to see more throughout the day and heard some bugling! I was in shock most of the day by the amount of people and cars there! Guess I'm spoiled to going up during the week and often off season! But nevertheless it was a great experience! She and I hope to get into the one campground next year so we are right there for a couple of days when the elk wander right through the campground! But all in all I think it was a great experience! What a lovey lady she is and a great house guest! I look forward to going down so we can camp on Assateague Island and see the wild ponies!

My sore leg held me back a bit yesterday but she did set off on one trail for a little hike. I had to pace myself a bit and tried not to over use it but despite driving most of the day I got in some walking too so all was good. A bit frustrating but I managed! And no bad aftereffects today! So that's progress in my book!

Sounds like the IL gtg is in full swing and looking forward to hearing more about it! Donna, glad you made it back to FL but sorry to heard about your trouble with your ac. Hope it gets solved soon. Mixkie and Mary, congrats on the retirement. It will be a different time now for you both but enjoy it! And Beth, guess I did miss something about you getting a new RV! Excited to see pics!

Well, it's now officially afternoon or so says the church chimes! Hope everyone has a good month! And travel safe!
Othersharon

Postby Irmi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

Another late check in for me, but by the time I got home from church and did a few things around here, it was afternoon. I did remember to say Rabbits! The mornings are quite chilly here in MD but we're supposed to be in the 70's the rest of the week. We're looking forward to getting to FL in the "new to us" campground.

Beth, congratulations on the new RV and the sale of your car! Mickie & Mary, I know you two are celebrating, too! Laura, if you decide on a Sea Eagle, you won't be disappointed. The gals in IL are having a great GTG! So much going on!

Stay safe everyone!
Irmi

Postby JudyJB » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Peggy, Zion is one of my favorites also. In fact, I think parts of it are prettier than Grand Canyon. On your way to Las Vegas, check out Valley of Fire State Park about an hour-and-a-half north of there. First-come, first-served so get there early. They have electric and a water fill and dump station. Absolutely gorgeous and lots of native American writings on cliffs. Worth at least a couple of days! Take a hike down Mouse's Tank trail and look up for drawings.

Cold here and rained again last night, but went out to Bandon shopping yesterday and found some stocking stuffers. Today, I am going for a bike ride, hoping it does not rain again. No rain predicted, but not predicted last night either.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Met up with OtherSharon this weekend. It was a whirlwind trip (thanks, work!) but she showed me a fun time! We went searching for PA Elk - this is an active time as the males are looking to fall in love :) Saw alot of elk, had some great food, did a wine tasting, all with a wonderful hostess and tour guide.
At the Elk Country Visitor Center (no elk there during our visit but the grounds are beautiful!)
First elk of the day, spotted as we were headed into town
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:17 pm

I forgot Rabbits again. Too much going on. My sister and I drove to New Orleans yesterday and got set up in the state park. This morning we were under a rain storm. It looked like most of it was right over us. It stopped raining about 2:00 and Liz pulled in. After that Carolyn, Anita, Colleen and Mary Jane came in. I headed back about 4:00 and got home just as it was getting dark. Harold's arm surgery is suppose to be in the morning at 10:00. I just noticed one of my cats is sick. I hope I can drop her off at the vet on my way to the hospital. It's always something. My sister isn't in the best of health. I sure hope she doesn't have a problem that far from home.

Peggy, I found out shoes don't last forever. One day when I was working I noticed pieces of cork on the floor. My shoes were falling apart. If I wear some shoes that might be suspect I carry a spare pair. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 pm

here in frigged Idaho...so cold but that could be cause the fireplace is still not fixed hopefully the parts will be in soon...my way of thinking the sooner the better....tempted to go get a mr buddy but the tank is only good for 5.5 hours sounds like using it could get spendy...with my luck I would get it and use it a day or two and then the parts would be here... been to SD and back got my drivers license for the next 5 years...love that they have a 180 day window would hate to go there in January took my mom she was born in Rapid City SD. it has grown so much...anyone been there the dino's on the hill? she played in them as a kid while they were being built...hope to get all done and be in AZ in about a month....hopefully it will be a warmer winter....
thought about saying Rabbits after 2:00 then forgot then when I woke up but by that time I had yelled Shadow!!! so guess I was to late.
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 am

A day late, but I'm here in New Orleans having fun with friends. Peggy, please check in from Las Vegas after the tragedy that occurred there last night. I hope Carol and Bill will check in too. Our group is off for a tour on New Orleans later this morning. I'm looking forward to it as I have never been here except passing by.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby chalet05 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 am

I promised myself I would check in yesterday, but I was on my way to New Orleans so laptop never came out. Nice to hear from so many.

Biggest news for me was grandson's graduation from Air Force Basic training a week ago and time with my daughter in San Antonio for that.

Winter plans are still uncertain, but I am tired of heat, humidity and too much rain! :)
Anita
chalet05

Return to Morning Coffee