Seeing Out September

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Seeing Out September

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 am

Months just fly by! Time to say rabbits and have roll call tomorrow.

I sold my car last night! Need to get my stuff out and into the rv storage today. They'll take possession either Sunday or Monday. Only three more work days and 4 more sleeps and I'll be heading south.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Seeing Out September

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:47 am

Congrats Beth on selling the car! Now you can go get your new RV!

I went to check out the mobile home last night. They just reduced price yesterday by $5K so that helps! It is really cute and has a huge enclosed porch overlooking a woodsy creek. Am going to check out another one or two this week but really like this place so far.

Off to school for today. Found out last night that I have to go to Great Clips Academy for 3 full days this week! I guess it is a corporate decision so the owners have to send me. Oh well, maybe I will learn something new.

Hope you all have a great last day of September!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:13 am

It finally feels like fall here. Oh joy!! I've been waiting for this! I kind of think Drew wants some dog parkour today . . .
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Azusateach » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I went to check out the mobile home last night. They just reduced price yesterday by $5K so that helps! It is really cute and has a huge enclosed porch overlooking a woodsy creek. Am going to check out another one or two this week but really like this place so far.

Barbie, where are you looking?

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Queen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Afternoon all!

Beth - very cool about selling your car!

We are spending our first full day as retirees, and even though it's a weekend we both keep commenting on the strange feeling of it. The lack of time pressure is so relaxing, we don't have to zoom around and make sure everything gets done for the weeknd just in time to start it all over again on Monday. I think we're going to love this!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby MandysMom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Congratulations Mickie and Mary on your retirement!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Cudedog » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

BarbaraRose wrote: I went to check out the mobile home last night. They just reduced price yesterday by $5K so that helps! It is really cute and has a huge enclosed porch overlooking a woodsy creek. Am going to check out another one or two this week but really like this place so far.

Hi Barbie! :-)

I don't know what type of mobile you are looking for, or the price range you are considering. (It will be WONDERFUL for you to have your own private place, I know!).

As others have said, do be cautious in selecting a park. California is notorious in parks that constantly raise space rent. Often, once you are there in your mobile, you will be stuck, and captive to whatever the park decides to charge.

I know that you are in love with San Diego, and the ocean - but the city of Hemet is only an hour or so from San Diego, and has an absolute wealth of mobile homes to look at.

Hemet is desert - but is beautiful - and one of the advantages to buying in Hemet is the fact that there are a great many mobile "communities" there where your lot/space comes with the mobile. The "lots" are pretty much mobile-park sized, but the fantastic advantage here is that you own the lot, as well as owning the mobile that is on the lot.

Since you own the lot, no one can increase the "rent" year after year after year. There are Homeowner Association Dues, however. But this would give you access to the club house (and tons of activities!) as well as the swimming pools, as well as many other things (trips and activities galore).

This lot-ownership thing also makes mobiles easier to re-sell, when the time comes.

Hemet is a retirement community (my father lived there for many years, so this is how I know about it) and I imagine that a great many retired ladies there go to get their hair done at least once per week!

Hemet might be something for you to consider. I have been there many times (although not for a few years, since my Dad passed) and it is a lovely, clean, and friendly community.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee