Wake up it's Friday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wake up it's Friday!

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 am

The sun is up so up with you! Up ear number one and ear number two (Apologize to Dr. Susz (sp?) ) The dogs are waiting for their walk so this is short. But it is bright and beautiful outside with a nice cool "wear a jacket" breeze and I am grabbing leashes and heading out the door!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Wake up it's Friday!

Postby Liz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:50 am

Thistle had both ears up before daylight, so we were up and out for our walk with a flashlight. The birds were all still roosting, but Mr. Raccoon was up. Now we've had a walk, I had a kayak paddle and we're back in the RV relaxing with just the fans. (In the shade) It must not be quite as hot and humid today, at least not yet. Hope everyone is enjoying the gtg in what sounds like lovely weather. I must plan better next year.
Rare maskless raccoon:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Nice warm sunny day today in SoCal! Took a walk already too, around the park. Saw lots of little lizards.

I have the day off today but not sure what I will do for now. I am excited because later this afternoon I am going to look at a really nice mobile home up in Vista/Carlsbad area that I have had my eye on for months online. Found a real estate agent who is taking me up there to see it. For the money, it is really in nice condition, all updated, open and sunny, with a nice side and back yard along a creek and woods. I have driven thru the park and it is really nice! The price is just a tad above my budget but the lot rent is very reasonable and affordable for being just 10 minutes from the ocean!

Hope the gals at the GTG have a great time and eat tons of food!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Your picture is funny, Liz. I went out in the yard the other night and ran into a big Possum. He must be eating with the cats because he is twice the size of most Possums.

It is hot outside here. I was trying to clean the satellite dome on the camper with not much luck. I hate those damn bugs. My son is going to show me how to use the pressure washer.

I am trying to get ready to go to New Orleans tomorrow. Just hope something else doesn't come up.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Fingers crossed for you Martha. Looking forward to seeing you at the gtg. Hope all works out.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Every time I hear a noise under or near my motorhome, I remember the raccoon that got into my rear pass-through storage area just before dawn one morning in Florida. (She got in through the next-door compartment I leave slightly open because I am too lazy to stick plug through small hole in floor or storage area.) I waited through half an hour of thumps and bumps to go out, and took my senior grabber and a flashlight--thought I might have to poke her to evict the raccoon. Should have taken my camera, because I did not need the grabber. Opened door and found this masked creature staring at me. I yelled at her, and she literally flew past me! Left a mess from tearing up half a roll of paper towels that I had to clean up.

They are cute, and I would have loved a photo, but they are also very damaging. Next time, Liz, make sure your flash is on. THAT will startle him or her.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Azusateach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:I am excited because later this afternoon I am going to look at a really nice mobile home up in Vista/Carlsbad area that I have had my eye on for months online. Found a real estate agent who is taking me up there to see it. For the money, it is really in nice condition, all updated, open and sunny, with a nice side and back yard along a creek and woods. I have driven thru the park and it is really nice! The price is just a tad above my budget but the lot rent is very reasonable and affordable for being just 10 minutes from the ocean!

If you’re serious about looking at mobile homes, ask for a history of space rent increases. You’d be surprised at how much some parks are able to increase their rates. What may be affordable today might not be in a year or two.

Which park are you looking at?

Laura
Azusateach

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Also look at rules regarding when and under what conditions that can require you to leave. Some mobile home parks don't want a lot of older units, so they can make you move out once your home gets to a certain age. And it is almost impossible in some areas to find a place to move an older mobile home to. They would really prefer to sell the rental space to a new home because they can make more money that way. Maybe they have changed the laws about this, but maybe 20 years ago a lot of areas were giving mobile home parks wide abilities to toss people out and make their homes lose nearly all their value.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Azusateach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:21 pm

JudyJB wrote:Also look at rules regarding when and under what conditions that can require you to leave. Some mobile home parks don't want a lot of older units, so they can make you move out once your home gets to a certain age. And it is almost impossible in some areas to find a place to move an older mobile home to. They would really prefer to sell the rental space to a new home because they can make more money that way. Maybe they have changed the laws about this, but maybe 20 years ago a lot of areas were giving mobile home parks wide abilities to toss people out and make their homes lose nearly all their value.

Judy, when we were looking to move we found a unit that was too old to renovate. So we had to actually purchase the old unit, have it moved out, and then buy the new home. It wasn’t cheap. And there was no way around it. There are people who will buy units that wouldn’t meet CA code and they’ll take them to Mexico. Guess that’s good for people who wouldn’t otherwise have a home.

Laura
Azusateach

Return to Morning Coffee