Sleepy Thursday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sleepy Thursday!

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Everyone else must be sleeping in or already out and about for the day!

Nothing planned for today here before heading to work at 3pm. Have lots I can do but haven't decided which of those things to tackle today.

Sunny and mid to upper 80's today and tomorrow but cooling back into the 70's after the weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Sleepy Thursday!

Postby Irmi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Barbie & everyone!

Barbie, I believe there are a large handful here that are going to a GTG in IL, so they're on the road. Can't wait to hear from them!

Steve & I went to Tangier Island a couple days ago with friends and spent the better part of the day, either on the 90 foot boat going there and back, having a family style meal at one of the many restaurants there and touring the island by golf cart. It's amazing how many restaurants are on such a small island! What an interesting place!

It's hard to believe that in just over two weeks, we'll be heading in a southerly direction for the seventh winter in FL. We have a few loose ends to tie up, but we're almost ready. I gave notice in church last Sunday, that I would be able to play for 3 more Sunday's. We were elated that Irma, Jose and Maria totally missed us. It is quite windy here today, but if that is the only remnant we're getting from Maria, we made out like bandits.

Safe travels to those on the road, on the road to recovery or stationary.
Irmi

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:27 pm

I was actually up early for me. I woke up in the middle of the night and used the bathroom. Tried to close drawer in bathroom and it would not slam. Had trouble going back to sleep, but was up at 8:30 am replacing the latch. (I think I would head to the emergency room if I ever got a real 8 hours of sleep in one stretch overnight!) It was the upper part, not the plastic thing on the drawer. Luckily, I carry a bunch of extras as these things break all the time, and you can't drive with an open drawer. Had to take drawer out and fit a screwdriver in there, but all fixed now. Just one of the joys of owning an RV! :lol:

Anyway, headed south to Bullards Beach so stopped at laundromat to get a couple weeks worth of laundry done. Got to run to put stuff in dryer. Waiting to hear from Illinois group.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

It's late evening but thought I'd still drop a post.

Mary has her very last day of work tomorrow, she is beyond ready. We're packing and prepping the next few days, then we are gone!! I'm a little too tired to be excited right now, just ready to get on with the next step.

Hope everyone has fun at the gtg.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Queen wrote:It's late evening but thought I'd still drop a post.

Mary has her very last day of work tomorrow, she is beyond ready. We're packing and prepping the next few days, then we are gone!! I'm a little too tired to be excited right now, just ready to get on with the next step.

Hope everyone has fun at the gtg.

I'm beyond excited for you two.

In my news, I received the title on the new/old mh I'm getting today so headed into Rapid this afternoon and got my tags and plates. I'll need to mail them to Michigan to get put on so its legal.

5 more days of work here in SD (or six more sleeps including tonight) and I'll be on the road south. Yay!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:38 am

Beth, that is so exciting!! Hope you love your new rig.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Irmi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Mickie, I'm so happy for you & Mary! The rest of your lives will start today after quitting time!
Irmi

Return to Morning Coffee