Last Tuesday of Summer

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Last Tuesday of Summer

Postby Colliemom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:06 am

Morning gals. 3 days left of summer on the dalendar. Fall officially arrives Fiday. Meteorlogically, mom nature dictates when the seasons change. We are definitely not into fall after today, as temps are heading into the 80's. Way above normal for this time of year. And it's having an effect on the fall colors.

Things have been a bit busy here, wrapping up some loose ends outside in prep for winter, Neighbor repaired my rotting ends on my porch beam, friends stopped by yesterday to evaluate some proposed changes in my trailer. We decided to table till next spring.

Irmi, been thinking about you two and hoping Jose doesn't cause any flooding for you again. And all eyes will be on Maria, which is expected to turn north, but so was Irma. My heart goes out to those in the islands being battered yet again.

Wishing you all a nice day and remember, Patience and Perseverence surmount every difficulty.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Last Tuesday of Summer

Postby Queen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 am

Morning all!

In the 90's the rest of the week here, feels like Florida fall instead of Illinois fall.

Had the movers in yesterday taking the big load to storage, very glad to have that done, now we just stage for the actual move... only 17 more days! And Mary is officially retired in eight more days, yay!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 am

Audrey and I are off in about an hour to make the drive to Louisville and visit with her mother Izzy and her sister Daisy. We check in with them from time to time and haven't seen them for a few months. Beside their hooman Lyn and I like to do lunch. Laundry can wait. Dogs and people come first!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Irmi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

Good afternoon Sue, Mickie, Tina & everyone!

Sue, thanks for thinking of us! It looks like Jose will bring heavy surfs to Ocean City, about 100 miles to our east. Maria is more concern right now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't cause any delay in our heading south for the winter.

Mickie, you must be doing the happy dance, now that the heavier furniture has been moved and you're doing the count down for heading south!

Tina, enjoy the lunch with Lyn and visit with Izzy & Daisy.

We got another half bushel of steamed crabs yesterday afternoon and after enjoying the crabs, we picked enough so we can have crab cakes for dinner today. We have another half box of crabs to pick yet, and that will be one of our chores this afternoon.

For those on the road, enjoy your travels and those at home, stay safe!
Irmi

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:17 pm

The sun peeked out briefly a few minutes ago, but this is the third day of rain in a row. It rained up until a couple of hours ago, and it is predicted to start raining again this afternoon, plus rain all day tomorrow and then lighten up tomorrow evening. Just a few showers on Thursday! The northwest has really needed this rain to help with the forest fires and reduce the smoke levels, but it is getting to be a bit tiring. It is also cold, with temps in the upper 50s and low 60s, so I have had my electric heater running constantly and had to turn on my front furnace just now.

So, I might put on some warmer clothes and try to find the beach which is not far from my campsite. I can hear the surf, but the weather has been too lousy to go for a walk.

Glad to hear your packing up has gone well and you are almost ready to head to FLorida, Queen!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Good evening gals!

Worked 4 hours today and only did 2 haircuts! Then one customer ran out the door without paying. Another customer who was also leaving, chased him down and tried to confront him but the guy ran off. I called the police but they didn't seem too interested. Haven't heard if they ever showed up at the shop to fill out a report or not.

I found a buyer for my camper! She is fairly young, late 20's maybe? She will be traveling with her cat. I told her to join this forum since she is fairly new to this stuff, so she can get advice, ideas and make new friends. She said she would love to. She is totally in love with the camper so that makes me happy!

I start school tomorrow. It is located just a block from Pacific Beach so I can hang out at the beach before class starts!

Another hurricane or two about to hit, and then just read about a huge earthquake in Mexico City. :cry: Mother Nature is striking with a vengeance! :o
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee