Marvelous Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Marvelous Monday

Postby asirimarco » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am

Good Morning to All - where is every one. It is already after 9 here on the west coast.
Vegas is finally done with the 100+ degree heat - we all hope. This week in the mid 90s and really nice at night. I've even been able to work out in the garage on my next piece of stained glass. Got all the glass rough cut before I got too warm.
Hope every one is doing something fun this morning and that's why no one posted.
asirimarco

Re: Marvelous Monday

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Good Morning, Carol. I opened the store this morning, so up but on the run. And we're mainly working solo now... Not busy enough for two. At least I'm keeping somewhat busy.

Looking forward to being on the road. Par of me is kicking myself for taking a position at all this winter, but I'll be off every other week and need to take full advantage of those weeks!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Not much going on here. I think I finally got the wheelchair saga solved. When Harold got out of rehab they ordered him a wheelchair. Because he is now in a nursing home they can't bill medicare and wanted to pick up the chair. The national office told me I couldn't just buy the chair, they had to pick it up. I talked to the nursing home and they had one he could use. Someone called me this morning from the nursing home. He was there to pick up the chair. Harold told him he had one at home which he doesn't. The guy called me wanting me to bring his other chair. I told him we don't have another chair and couldn't I just buy the one he has. He called the local office and they said yes. I have looked on line and I know how much they cost. They pass out new chairs so I figured they were doing something with the used chairs.

I tried making fried pies this morning with Crescent Dough Sheet instead of the canned biscuits. I don't think the dough got done enough before they were about to burn. That might work if they were baked instead of fried. I used fig preserves and that was way too sweet. When I was working a lady came around to the office every week selling pies and sausage bread. I made the sausage bread one time but didn't write down how I made it. I need to work on making that again. I think I had used the canned pizza dough.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Good afternoon gals!

Haven't heard back from the couple who looked at the camper on Saturday but just got another email from a lady who wants to see it right away so I will show it to her tomorrow afternoon.

I took my Jeep into CarMax today to get an appraisal for trade-in. They checked it over and offered me $11K for it which is too low, but the good news is they checked out the title and it is not branded. It is good, so I finally know the status on that. Now I can look into selling it.

Off to work later so am just relaxing for awhile. Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Just messing around trying to avoid any big projects. I did manage to get my Passport renewed and in the mail and some dog show jackets dropped off at the dry cleaners. Two jobs in one day, I might just relax now. :-)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Took me a long time this morning to get out of bed, dressed, and eat some breakfast. I think the weather is causing me to be lazy. I am within a few hundred feet of the ocean, but it has been cold and rainy since I got here, so have been indoors. Keep getting brief sunshine today, but then it goes away. Anyway, got a chance to clean out some things and started some peameal bacon (aka real Canadian bacon) brining. I could not find the recipe I used two years ago, so had to adapt one I found online. Real Canadian bacon, or peameal bacon as the Canadians call it, is something I grew up with in Detroit and love. (My dad used to drive across the bridge to buy it in Canada.) Makes great sandwiches and excellent with eggs and toast. Basically it is a boneless pork loin brined in a mixture of kosher salt, pink salt, pickling spices, brown sugar, real maple syrup, and maybe garlic, except I left the garlic out. Will be ready to cook in another day. Does not resemble the stuff sold in the US as Canadian bacon in any way because it is not smoke and is not even bacon. It is called peameal because it was originally rolled in yellow peameal, but now you roll it in cornmeal. Make sense?? Obviously not, but that is what it is. :lol:

If you see a recipe for smoking it, that is NOT the real peameal bacon. Here is a supposed history: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/great-c ... eal-bacon/

Beth, where are you going this winter? Are you headed back to Tucson?
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee