Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 am

Found this quote this morning and it made me think of all of us and those that are researching and thinking about Rving or life in general....

"In many ways, large and small, as we live our lives, we find ourselves confronted with a brute fact about how little we can know about our futures, just when it is most important to us that we do know. For many big life choices, we only learn what we need to know after we’ve done it, and we change ourselves in the process of doing it. I’ll argue that, in the end, the best response to this situation is to choose based on whether we want to discover who we’ll become." by philosopher L.A. Paul (Brain Pickings 9/17/20)

Still parked here in Lancaster, Ohio, at the dog show. Getting ready to head back to the grooming set in the building up with Josef. He had a good day yesterday getting Best of Breed over a bitch special being shown by a talented handler (one who has beat him several times in the past year) and then he collected a 3rd in the Owner Handler Sporting Group. Our dog show motto is "On any given day..." Maybe today will be another day!

Everyone out there gather your strength and go forth. Face the challenges that need to be faced, explore what waits to be explored and celebrate what ever is possible to celebrate. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Queen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 am

Good morning!

Nice, thought provoking quote, Tina, thanks.

As expected, I'm sore this morning, lots of bending and lifting yesterday,whew! Making me very glad we hired movers to do part of this. Our place it starting to look very empty, so that's progress. The best part of all of this, Mary has started saying we don't need this much stuff and she cannot wait until the condo sells and we can get an RV and GO! YAY!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:59 am

Good morning
There's no place like home, or second home as the case my be. In Superior, will go to daughters to pick up house and car keys tomorrow.
It was a great summer but all good things must end . Already planning the next adventure.
Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:45 am

Yay Josef! (and his owner-handler too!)

I do like that quote from L.A. Paul! I never know what I want to do until I've done some of it. By and the large, that approach has worked really well for me. It sure does increase the adventures!

It's sunny here too, today. Everybody enjoy the day!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby JudyJB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm

I like that quote also. If we spend too much time hesitating because we do not know what might come, we will lose our opportunities and never get that chance to learn about ourselves. In other words, sometimes you just have to DO IT!

Half of my friends thought I was nuts and the other half were jealous when I sold my condo and car and bought my motorhome, but it was the best thing I ever did. Wish I had been able to do it younger so I would have avoided so many of the aches and pains I have now. In any case, even with my back hurting like heck and my legs and knees stiff, every day is still worth it.

Going to be rainy and chilly next few days here in Oregon, but the northern part really needs the rain. Washington will also get some much-needed rain. So, even though I am very close to the beach, I am going to be happy relaxing and reading inside for the next few days.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Irmi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Good afternoon everyone!

I went to church and by the time I finished my chores here, it was no longer morning.

Tina, I love the quote you posted. I remember over six years ago, when Steve & I decided to retire early to start wintering in FL. My Dad thought we were crazy. Had I worked until I was 65, we would have had a much fatter checkbook and more in our IRA's, but I don't regret our choice, and almost wish we had done it sooner. If we don't take chances in life, and move in another direction, just think of all the things we would have missed out on. That's all folks!
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 pm

I too love that quote. As I look back on the decisions I have made. And, the suffering afterwards, "Did I make the right decision"? Of course I did! And, I've met all of you too! Great life! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 pm

I, too, love that quote. I was a person no one would have expected to become a gypsy. I always wanted to be one however it was ingrained in me to work, save, etc. It s probably the hardest step at 52 to let go and take off... And became the best decision I ever made.

I'm cleaning out my rig.... Downsizing again... I have so many clothes I don't wear and that don't fit... My car trunk is full. More cabinets to attack later.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Azusateach » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Tina, what an affirmation of living life to its fullest!

For those not on Facebook, I made the decision to retire at the end of last year. And sell my house. And move 60 miles down the coast to San Juan Capistrano. Needless to say, it's been a momentous few months. We had a housewarming today with friends from many parts of my life -- Sharon & Catherine from our forum, gals from RVing Women, colleagues from my first years of teaching up to my last, friends I've known for 25+ years, and what little family I have left. It couldn't have been a more affirming day.

I don't regret for a minute making these life changes. Has it been stressful? Yup. But now that we're past the bulk of changes it's time to relax and enjoy this new chapter in our lives. AND go camping! :)
Azusateach

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 am

Congratulations, Azusateach!!!! We're right behind you, hope we all get a moment to catch our breath and find our natural rhythm.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Return to Morning Coffee