Saturday summer

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday summer

Postby carolb » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 am

Gmorning all:)

Wrote a post on cell at 5 a.m., it went poof. Surprised to see I might still be opening MC?

Velda, happy bday! Glad you had a lovely fall-like day to celebrate:) Despite that the extended forecast for here said no more 80D days, that's what we're getting. Along with hunidity! Glad for that, since niece & her DH are on they way to spend an overnight:) Oh, not glad for humidity...

Caught up on reading. So many on the road, moving with the changing season. Birdie, how is your new "generator"? If your surgeon did a good job, I'll have her/him work on my HarBor;) And I do know that she/he did a great job--thanks for letting me know.

Y'all have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Re: Saturday summer

Postby Queen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:58 am

Morning all!

Busy day here, we're dismantling the bedroom and prepping for the movers on Monday morning (they are taking stuff to storage, we still have 2.5 weeks before the FL move). Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Hope everyone who's out traveling is having fun, I enjoy reading about your adventures, much more fun than moving. :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 am

I'm calling this sleep in weekend. Peaches and I are still in bed :o Monday morning I'll definitely need the alarm again. It's also a cool/wet weekend with, they say, warmer temps coming back Monday, too.

I've been jello planning on heading west and visiting Sheila when I leave here. But I don't intentionally do mountain passes in snow and so it's looking less and less likely. :(

Not sure what today will bring other than getting out of bed sometime soon.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 am

Good afternoon Carol, Mickie, Beth & everyone!

Carol, is your garden just about done?

Mickie, I detest moving. Even moving from one motorhome to another is a lot of work. I feel for you.

Beth, enjoy your down time.

We are recovering from a flooded house, not from the hurricane, but from torrential rains. The house and yard are finally completely dry and I got a new dining room rug out of it. And now we are keeping a close eye on Jose to see what his plans are. Other than practicing for tomorrow's church service, we don't have any plans for today. It won't be long, about a month, and we'll be starting our trek south to spend our 7th winter in FL.
Irmi

Postby Queen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Irmi - so sorry you got flood waters in your house! Hope Jose leaves us all alone.

We just got done dismantling the bedroom. I bought a Zinus bedframe to use in FL instead of our box spring/frame/headboard, way less weight and volume to move!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M2 ... UTF8&psc=1
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm

I have one of those metal bed frames for a twin bed in my office. With a good mattress you don't need bed springs. I hate moving. My younger son will be moving soon and I'm afraid I will be involved since we have the truck and trailer. I hope he has a lot of friends. lol

A lot of good putting a note on my desk to remind me of something does. There was a farmers market this morning and I forgot it again.

There is another storm developing in the Atlantic and it is predicted to follow Irma's path right now. I hope we don't have to go through this again. Hopefully Jose will stay offshore.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Well, it is not Morning here either, however I just got into town to the library. It is cold, o' cast and windy. I am in my sweats and have shoes on!
Pat, I will call you Monday when I leave the COE park. Won' t take me long to get to your place.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Sitting along the ocean in a wayside to eat my sandwich and enjoy the breeze. After two grocery stores and three loads of laundry this morning, I figured I needed a break. Still got to stop for gas on my way up to Nehalem Bay SP. Might get propane too, if they have it, but that can wait a couple of days. Not desperate. Supposed to rain for next week, so I am going to sit and do a lot of reading!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee