Friday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday...

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 am

Good morning everyone... Margie and I have been out of cell service and internet in Cooks Forest Pennsylvania... It's good to have all that back I don't like being without Communications... We are headed to the RV show in Hershey we're about 20 minutes away parked at Walmart last night with quite a few others with the tractor trailers in the RV is probably 30 or 40 ... that's all for now B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Friday...

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:50 am

Morning Donna and all. Sounds like you are in for a little fun, heading for an RV show. Doesn't matter what size, it's just being out with like minded people.

I'm back from the U.P. Had a great time with Eileen and DH. We toured in the Porcupine Mountains, saw some beautiful waterfalls, and hiked down trails and climbed down and up zillion steps and platforms getting to some of them. The knees and legs got a good workout, not to mention the lungs. Not a place for the faint of heart, that's for sure. And had perfect weather aling with nightly campfires and some fall color starting to appear here and there. I also spent a wonderful evening enjoying a campfire with some people from the U.P. on my way home.

So now it's back to reality. Off to town this morning to take care of some business, reatock the fridge, gas up the truck and get it a much needed bath, give the yard a mowing and bit of trimming, then can work in the trailer. Got some "remodeling plans in the works.

Hope you all have a nice day out here.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 am

Morning all.

Really starting to feel like crunch time here. With Mary retiring in two weeks and less than a week later we move out of our apartment and head to FL for a bit. We threw in the towel on moving our stuff to storage without help, neither of us could budge our flexsteel couch so we hired some movers for a couple of hours this coming Monday for the heavy stuff. I'm staying on top of things, but just barely, don't know how I ever did stuff like this when I was working full time. Whew!

Sue, the UP sounds as amazing as I remember it!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 am

Good Morning Everyone!! Thinking maybe it's time I checked in again. I've spent last week away from last pick up and clean up of my place in NC. Today have to face it all again but have ideas how to speed up the process now :) I needed a break, me and work aren't a good combination anymore. Like a kid, I'd rather play :roll: :lol: I've just spent last two days at a COE cg , with a laundry and a great shower. No washer or running water at my place. Mr P and I live in our RV, while there. I'll be heading to Fl soon, hoping weather is not too hot time I'm ready to go that way. Enjoyed my visit with Liz, love her new rig, perfect for her. She has all the conviences she needs and then some, she'll be comfy wherever she parks it!!

Beautiful day today!! Nice day for my drive through the mountains home. 3 days of rain I didn't really enjoy that much this time, did have a really good book to read though, finished it last night, so time to go back to work ugh :roll:

Hoping everything is ok in your world Internet hasn't been that good for me, forum seems harder to get into then FB for some reason, and I don't feel I see all the post on FB. Oh well, I see enough.

Take care, those in storm areas praying your lives are back to some kind of order soon,, those on the road, enjoy and be safe,

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 am

About time for me to check in too.
Spent a great evening and slept well in Clarks Custom Camp in Goldfield NV. This place opened
last summer, Bill and I were her first
customers, we get lifetime discount. Can't argue
with that. Full hook ups. She put in a dog run,
with half of it being the artificial turf, since its
desert. Maggie appreciated it. She also supplied
me with wine last night. Must be why i slept good.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am

Changed plans after my post yesterday. Instead of the 1880 Town, I headed into Newcastle, WY to go into a museum that was closed when there last year. I loved the outside stuff so wanted to do the inside. Disappointed. It was ok, but didn't live up to my expectations lol... And they have very anti-dog policies... Dogs aren't allowed on any grounds. So Peaches and I walked the sidewalk past and into a cemetery. I picked up her poop and the only garbage was on the museum property... Beyond No dogs allowed on property sign. We broke that rule to toss her poop.

Lunch at Way Back Burgers... Stopped there last year. Overate... And didn't get a milk shake. I think they have a dozen flavors! Back into SD and spent the afternoon traipsing around Custer State Park. I'm going to miss this park over the winter. Animals showed everywhere and fall colors are starting gloriously.

Not sure what today will bring. Going to cover at the store for a couple with friends in town. I'm betting that will be a short time frame, but told them to take their time. Foggy, cool and damp this morning... Even Peaches isn't pushing to get outside yet.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am

I woke up and No Coffee! Had to run to the grocery before breakfast! Am I well-organized or what? I might get some painting done this afternoon, or I might replace the seal on the back doors of the van. One thing about having a big to-do list is that you always have choices. :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Donna, wish I could go to the RV Show with you and Margie. I got a card in the mail from Coach House that they would be there. Not that I could afford a new one but love to look. I usually end up with cramps in my legs after an RV show from all the up and down the stairs.

I'm trying out my Instant Pot as a slow cooker today. Thank goodness for the internet because I can't find the book that came with the pot, of course. I like that I can brown the meat and then start it on low. I would always brown my meat before putting it in a slow cooker so get 2 things dirty.

This would be a good weekend to be camping but feel like I'm tied to the nursing home. What I should do is clean the inside and take out a bunch of stuff that has ended up in the motorhome. I finally got the truck in my name. Thank god for friends that helped with that.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Good thing to hire moving help, Mickie. Consider if one or both of you had hurt your backs, shoulders, or arms!

I turned in grades last night and out of 34 students, 6 got Fs, and 4 more will have to repeat because they got below a C--all of these due to students either not bothering to read or listen to lectures, not turning in assignments, or not reading instructions. Why would someone pay over $1,500 for a course and not take effort to pass? Beyond me, except I do know that a few of the F students never intended to pass. They are on some sort of financial aid that requires them to take a full load, but not to pass courses. So they sign up for an online class, and then never do any work. I call them "mystery" students.

So, other than a little work updating my fall class, I have three weeks of time to relax and read for pleasure. Today I am going to take a long beach walk, and then bake and frost sugar cookies and freeze them. Have had dough in refrigerator for several days so need to get it done. Chilly here but nice and sunny still. Supposed to rain for several days next week when I am in Nehalem, so I had better get outside today.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 pm

It's a glorious 80 degree almost fall like day to celebrate my birthday! I'm proudly 69 today! Off to Curves and weigh in. If motivated I might get car washed on way home. Mel is on his break from chemo so plans to grill me a beautiful rib steak, and I'll fix salad, fully loaded broccoli and low carb mascarpone parfait with fresh raspberries for dessert. Gonna be a great day! Happy travels to those on the road and have a great weekend everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Happy Birthday Velda. Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy that yummy sounding dinner!

Yes, beautiful, sunny with a little coolness day here in No. Central CA. Doesn't really feel exactly like autumn but very nice!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Return to Morning Coffee