Damp Chilly Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Damp Chilly Wednesday

Postby Queen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 am

Good morning everyone! Today has dawned damp and cool, but the weekend is supposed to be very hot and sunny... just as I was about to put my electric blanket on the bed.

Seems like with the move three weeks away, every day has a new set of errands to do, very ready to get this show on the road!

Hope everyone has a super day.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: Damp Chilly Wednesday

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 am

Cool rainy days here in Ohio. Finishing up on a few doctor appts. here. Josef is getting ready for another weekend dog show. I am spending far too much time cruising Thrift Shops and Clearance racks. My membership at the nearby gym is being used. I am not following the little routines they handed out for me but I figure each mile I walk on the tread mill and each minute I row on the rowing machine is more than I would if I was home sitting in the office working on the computer or other project..... Change takes time. I just knew that if I wanted a different result I would have to introduce a different variable to my life.

The Pottery Man got I new cat. He had said he thought the feral cat, Gus, was depressed and withdrawing even more after losing his friend and his Idol, Ed Cat last fall. After visiting the shelter which was full of cats and kittens, I completed the adoption form and then brought him back the next day so he could pick out "his" cat. After hiding in the basement with Gus the first three weeks it appears that the new kitty (Pottery Man calls her Wanda) has decided to become the friendly attention seeking cat she presented herself to be in the shelter. The man in the reclined was very proud of the hair on his sweatshirt this morning.....

Off to the dermatologist to get all the spots checked out....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 am

Mornin ladies~~~
Sitting at the dealer getting an oil change on the Ford in preparation for Thomson and whatever direction will be taken afterwards.

Love that Gus got to pick out his kitty.

Not much else happening here. Have a good day & stay safe on the roafs.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:04 am

Good morning
Dinner and visit with Karen was wonderful and she provided breakfast as well! Thank you Karen, the banana nut bread was perfect combo with my coffee this morning.
Will make my way towards Susanville today, Eagle lake nearby has hookups and I can use my senior pass. Will see if I can get a spot there.
I'm enjoying the peace and quiet this morning, the lake has a paddle group with canoes and kayaks and a guy in z small boat giving instructions. His bullhorn us about the loudest thing around, rather amuses me when its quiet and then there's,,,,that booming noise. Lol
About ready to call it a morning and prepare for Willie Nelson
Y'all have a great day, be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am

Sorry to see Alice head out today but I do understand when one is headed home that is just what you want to do....head home. We had a good visit last night and Emma and Maggie did very well together, Emma didnt lose her mind because Maggie kept her in check ha ha

Today taking Emma to my groomer for a bath and some much needed nail trim. I am going to learn to trim her nails with a dremel for sure. Thanks to Tina's suggestions. Her nails grow so fast and I am running out of bandaids for ME. I am going to have my groomer show me how to hold her and use the dremel.

Not a lot on the agenda today. We are having cooler weather and our smoke is not too bad.

Time for a shower and get my day started
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am

Guess who wandered over here yesterday? If you say the 4th grader next door, you've got it!

There is a smiling one-eyed heart guy, standing on his heart-shaped rug, with his chair, bag of chips, and television. A picture of his family is on the wall, and his wallpaper is all hearts. Jolie explained this to me as she drew. Sweet kid.

She wants to travel to the mountains with me this fall. She seems to consider missing school an additional incentive. :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:09 am

So Tina, did Gus pick out the new kitty or did the Pottery Man? Does the new kitty like Gus? Glad she finally came out from hiding. It can take awhile sometimes.

Ava, what is the "Willie Nelson" thing? I must have missed something...

Another somewhat lazy day yesterday. Just not feeling very motivated lately. :roll: My "to do" list is getting longer all the time. Need to get on that! I start school in a week and need to get organized around here before then.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 am

Glad the "Pottery Man" got a new friend. Cats are so funny and they each have their own personality. We have 17 cats, 6 house cats, 2 barn cats and 9 carport cats. The house cats are in and out all day. We need a revolving door. They will come in one door and go out the other. I don't have to adopt a cat, they seem to find us. Thank goodness for the spay and neuter clinic so we don't have kittens anymore. There is one cat that is still kind of wild. He has watched the other cats be petted and I can tell he would like to try it. Sometimes when I feed he will let me give him a couple of strokes. If I really worked at it I could get him tamer.

I should join a gym but doubt that would get me to exercise. My foot has finally stopped hurting so I should start walking again. Just afraid it would stir up my foot again.

No plans for today. Maybe if I go to town early enough I could go through the car wash. My car really needs a bath.

Just guessing but what Ava probably meant by the "Willie Nelson" thing is on the road again. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

Willie nelson = on the road again
In Ava speak, it means time to stow and go, hit the road jack
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:19 am

I had to get up for a video conference with a student, but I am going to crawl back into my bed again for a nap. I was up most of the night with diarrhea--maybe something I ate yesterday? Can't imagine what but it kept me up until 5:00 am so I am really tired. (It is 9:15 here on the west coast right now.) It is really cold here, but wonderful to hear the ocean all the time here at Tillicum Campground. I can even see part of it from my campsite. I had to turn my furnaces on this morning because it got down to 50 last night. Was foggy almost all day yesterday, but sunny today so will go out later and take some photos. Everyone is wearing long pants and various upper layers of sweatshirts and jackets. Some of the tent sites across the campground roadway are tucked behind the shrubbery and have fantastic views because they are on the cliffs with nothing between them and the beach, but I sure am glad I am indoors with a heater at night! Brrrrr.

AVA, I saw those long skinny "skiffs" on Emigrant Lake. (Is that what they are called?) How neat that you got to watch and hear them out rowing. And enjoy Eagle Lake. It is out of the way, but a really neat place and should have empty full hookup sites.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Sorry for the confusion. The Pottery man got to pick out the new cat since he has pretty much taken over cat care in the house. The Pottery man did have to leave the recliner to go to the shelter but that is easier than convincing Gus to come out of the basement. Now that Wanda is here he seems to be coming up more when Pottery man is around. Since I am the evil person that trapped him and then would with gloved hands capture him and haul him off to the vet.....he has avoided me for the past 10 plus years. When Ed was alive her would hang out on the unused dining room table in his cat cave and think he was invisible. Once Ed passed he reverted to the basement and would come up after everyone had gone to bed for his food and water. His saving grace has always been his faithful use of the kitty litter which is available on all levels of the house..... :)
BirdbyBird

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Sorry for the confusion. The Pottery man got to pick out the new cat since he has pretty much taken over cat care in the house. The Pottery man did have to leave the recliner to go to the shelter but that is easier than convincing Gus to come out of the basement. Now that Wanda is here he seems to be coming up more when Pottery man is around. Since I am the evil person that trapped him and then would with gloved hands capture him and haul him off to the vet.....he has avoided me for the past 10 plus years. When Ed was alive her would hang out on the unused dining room table in his cat cave and think he was invisible. Once Ed passed he reverted to the basement and would come up after everyone had gone to bed for his food and water. His saving grace has always been his faithful use of the kitty litter which is available on all levels of the house..... :)
BirdbyBird

Return to Morning Coffee