Leftover Irma Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Leftover Irma Tuesday

Postby Queen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am

Morning all!

We are getting the remnants of Irma here in IL today, mostly cloudy, but with some rain on the way. Not too bad and we do need rain.

Spent a part of the weekend going through old files as part of the move prep. We found piles of old medical receipts and paid bills from our year and a half in FL. Made us both realize how good we have in Illinois with our wonderful HMO and integrated care system. We go to the doctors office, pay a $20 copay, she orders labs/xrays/bone density scan/MRI/colonoscopy/etc... we go to the appropriate department in the same building and get it done, no additional charges. Get put in the hospital for surgery or sickness, copay of $400, period. My entire knee replacement including all rehab cost us less than $600.

We are extremely lucky, everyone should have such decent and humane insurance.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: Leftover Irma Tuesday

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 am

Good morning
Well today is the day I depart camp dads driveway and head for home. I'll wait til rush hour is done cause Portland is bad enough even when its not rush hour. Hoping
Emmigrant lake has room for me and too bad Judy just left yesterday, coulda had a visit!
My heart goes out to all those folks in Texas and Florida. So much to get done before anyone can get back to normal.
I'm kick'n around the idea of getting dressed, I suppose I won't I won't have a choice when Maggie gets up. Lol
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Last edited by avalen on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am

We had a few days of cool weather but it's back up to 94 this morning. Mickie, so nice of Irma to visit you in Florida and IL. That was one strange storm. Every time they said it was going one place it changed directions.

I probably need to think about getting dressed. Harold has a doctor's appointment after lunch. The nursing home will bring him but I need to go so I will know what is going on. I hope he is in a better mood than yesterday.

Ava, have a safe trip.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm

The woman who wanted to look at my camper cancelled out on me. The park she was planning to park it in won't allow anything over 10 years old. She said she called them to see if they would make an exception since it is only 11 years old and in great shape, but they wouldn't. :(

So now on to plan B...will lay here for awhile and figure out what that might be...

My friend in FL who was waiting for the storm surge last night, says it never came up to the house so she is safe and happy! She and her hubby just finished remodeling the house from the hurricane last year so they really didn't want to do it all over again!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Not too much on my agenda today. Just going to putter around the house and await Alice's arrival. She will be at Emigrant Lake just down the road from me so I will head over there this afternoon when she lets me know she is settled and where she is located.

Taking Emma to the groomers tomorrow to get her nails done and a bath. Wish I was not such a chicken to trim her nails as they grow so darn fast and are SHARP. Maybe I will get my groomer to show me how she does it as it would help in between baths. Might get a Dremel those seem less drastic. She doesnt mind me playing with her feet and nails and Nadine (my groomer) says she is really good when she does it. She uses a dremel, I like the way there are no sharp edges with that.

Glad everyone survived Irma with minimal damage. Could have been so much worse. Hoping everyone gets their electric back on soon. Had a friend in Naples who lives in a 55+ community and it was destroyed. She retired and they just bought it 3 weeks ago and couldnt get insurance on it and now it is pretty much totaled...very sad.

Well I am off to harvest more tomatoes LOL been giving them away like crazy and still have too many.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Alice, I will be here at Tillicum north of Yachats until Saturday morning. It is gorgeous and right on the ocean, plus when I checked in yesterday, they had four walk-in non-electric sites available. Give them a call.

Foggy this morning, but really chilly--like long pants and definitely a jacket weather! I will be back next summer because this is such a nice place--and get a senior price to boot. Weak cell phone, however.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:05 pm

The circus continues. Harold's appointment was suppose to be at the specialty clinic at the local hospital. Well, they are open on Mondays and not Tuesday. When I left they were still trying to find out if his appointment was suppose to be in Lafayette. If they give him another appointment 2 weeks from now I'm am going to start calling. This is ridiculous.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Martha, that's crazy.

I had my wellness exam today. No surprises. Long visit with my PA. I think I surprised him by not arguing as much as usual. But I think he's gotten to know me better and does his homework before our appt. Makes it more likely I'll listen and consider his ideas. He knows I research the results of any tests before arriving. All this because we are discussing an osteoporosis med. I have time to research more because we decided to not try to start it on my current insurance then go to Medicare. So I've agreed to see him in the spring and we'll make the decision then. (I'm leery of most meds. But was on Fosomax for 5+ years and it caused jaw and hip pains... So while this med has now been out 10 years and said to not have those side effects, a few more months is even better.

I'm working till 9 tonight. it's soooo slow.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Alice, a CORRECTION--the four sites were non-electric. All electric sites are booked up several weeks in advance, but this is a great place to come!

Beth, I never had problems with Fosamax, but my doctor did take me off that med a couple of years ago, as she said there were some negative results from long-term use. Did not ask what they were, unfortunately. Good that your PA knows you will check everything. Too many of us accept things without thinking.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 am

My doctor must have made note of the fact that I won't take any of the osteoporosis medicine and didn't mention it this year. I think it doesn't make sense to take a medicine for your bones and it causes the problems it does sometimes. My step-daughter was taking one of them and her thigh bone broke and she was just walking. She was in a mess for a while. They had to put a rod in her leg and she was in a nursing home for rehab for a while.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee