Coffee

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Coffee

Postby Cudedog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 am

Having coffee just now.

100 degrees again here today, cooler by Friday.

Where is everyone?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Coffee

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am

It was 50 here when got up, it's 60 now, weirdest early fall ever.

Looks like we may have dodged a bullet with Irma, still waiting to hear on the localized flooding, but everything is still standing!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am

All my friends in the Tampa area are ok -- and their houses are intact! It's really amazing, and I'm so relieved! They're still waiting on the storm surge, so it's too early to exactly celebrate, but I'm thinking it may be all right. Whew!

It's really pretty today here in the Palm of the Mitten. Cool enough that Drew can come grocery shopping! (No, no, he waits in the car! That's why the temperature matters.) We have agility class tonight, hurrah! :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:05 am

Drove back from the wedding all day yesterday. There is another reason that I prefer not to travel with the Pottery Man. He wanted to be on the road early early so that he could get back before dark. I wanted to stick around and accept the breakfast invite to visit with family a little longer and well maybe that would mean not trying to drive 10 hours all in one day.....

Still need to pick up the dogs from their away camp but their host is busy taking care of the dogs :) and I am waiting for a return phone call. Traveling without dogs just feels so wrong :? None of the normal schedule of responsibilities are the same.... On the other hand the two cats here in the house prefer a house without dogs.....We are hoping that the new calico will come around. She was so people friendly at the shelter but then she heard the dogs and the feral Gus cat, so lonely after his friend Ed passed last fall, lead her down into the basement and may have tried to influence her to the ''dark" side. On the plus Gus doesn't seem as depressed as he did and though he won't come up to eat when I or the dogs are up and about he is coming up more after we go to bed and will at least let the Pottery man see him now.

So glad that much of Florida is still standing. I know that destruction is still destruction if it is your house or mobile home that was struck but over all better than anticipated.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Oh my, its already afternoon! I've been busy all morning, fueled the motorhome, got the oil changed , trip to the bank and getting ready to load up some last day items. Yep, pulling out in the morning, heading towards home.
Cousin coming over in a little while and well be off to dinner.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Drove 230 miles from Emmigrant Lake to Tillicum Beach in Oregon and am tired, but happy with this campground and this site!! Never been here before, and not only do I have a tiny bit of an ocean view, but I have satellite also. Weak cell service, but manageable. There are only 13 electric sites here, although there are quite a few non-electric sites. Some of the non-electric sites have an ocean view because they are parallel parked along the ocean side of the campground. I am across the loop road from some tent campers and an RV parallel site, all of which are right on the ocean, but there is room to see a bit of the ocean. Would see more if it were not for the tall shrubbery. And I might even see a sunset this evening, since the sun seems to be within my little peek of the ocean.

Can't beat all of this for the senior rate of $21.80 per night!! Going to make reservations for another week or more next summer. To get to the beach, all I have to do is walk across the road, duck behind the small RV, and walk down the stairs. Voila! Only negative is a huge tree branch over part of my site, but I have about 1 foot between it and my roof.

And a wonderful, smoke-free, chilly breeze blowing from the ocean. No AC needed and going to be a nice sleeping night. 8-)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 am

Spent some time cleaning out my car and putting some things in the storage shed here, before heading to work this afternoon.

Tomorrow morning I am meeting a woman to see my camper. Hoping she likes it!

Have the day off so will finish cleaning out the car. Need to get it looked at again by a mechanic since it is making noises under the hood now :roll: .

I found out my older brother and his wife just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee just like mine from the same dealership I got mine from! Hope they have better luck with theirs!

So far my friends in FL are safe and no damage to their homes. One of them was waiting on the storm surge coming in tonight with the high tide to see if their home would flood from that. Disneyworld is planning to open up tomorrow already! Will probably be a pretty quiet day there.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee