Watching Irma Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Watching Irma Saturday

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:39 am

Where is everyone. I think this is the first time I have opened Morning Coffee. It's nice weather this morning. Kind of cool with a breeze. Still watching Irma to see if she is going to make the hard right turn like they predict.

Harold has been asking me to bring his rosary. The one here was always coming apart so a neighbor and I went to New Iberia to get him one that is more durable. The way things disappear over there I don't know how long he can keep up with it.

I am still trying to get the bugs off my motorhome. I tried some of the bug remover spray but I think vinegar works better. Don't know that vinegar is good for the finish but I rinse it off right away. I don't know how I'm going to get the satellite dome clean. I hate to get that high on a ladder.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Re: Watching Irma Saturday

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:49 am

Good morning
Its one of those days where I have nothing to do, however, guess my nephew is coming down for a visit.
Been watching the news too much, getting tragedy overload.
Took the motorhome to Blue Beacon yesterday for a good power wash. It looks great, didn't realize how grey the white was looking until now. Also had them was , said they used rainx. It definitely looks good and only cost me $40!
Still need to do an oil change before I go.
Y'all have a great day, be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Yesterday I went to WM for a few things. I pulled some muscles in my lower back when I pulled something off an upper shelf. So spent the rest of the day laying down with a heating pad on that. Still very sore, so I think I will go check out the massage place down the street. Seems every single massage shop out here is Asian but will try it.

Got a couple of lowball offers on the camper so will keep the ad up for awhile. Not in a hurry to sell it.

Got some much needed rain last night. It sure is loud on these tin carports!

I also get "tragedy overload"! :cry: Can only see so much and then I have to stop for awhile. Am praying for the people in Florida to be safe! I have several friends down there.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Morning all. Thinking of those of you evacuating in Florida. Just a quick check in and something for Martha. https://www.thoughtco.com/dryer-sheets- ... ar-3975955
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Queen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Got tired of watching the weather sites, so we loaded up a small load and took it to storage. Feels weird to leave my samurai sword in storage, but don't want to risk it in FL. (Great Uncle brought it back from the Pacific after WWII).

Making pizza for lunch then I think I'll spend the afternoon reading. Pulled out the Harry Potter books for another go.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Solar setup. I did a trial hookup this morning, and it isn't working -- so I'm going to have to figure out what went wrong. I'm so grumpy! Maybe I don't have the input wires screwed in properly; you can't see the wire when you're tightening the screw (stupid design!)

Yes, it's an adventure! And you remember what Bilbo Baggins said about adventures . . .
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:41 pm

I slept in; nothing important planned for today. Peaches and I walked to the cemetery... With a stop both going and returning for her to go in the creek. She loves that she can run off leash there. Hard for me is how much less time she needs... We're aging together!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Pat, I tried the dryer sheet. It works better than the spray bug remover but nothing was removing the stain the bug left except the vinegar and elbow grease. :lol: I am going to try backing the golf cart up to the motorhome and standing on the back deck. That will get me 4' higher without having to use a ladder.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 am

BarbaraRose wrote:...Seems every single massage shop out here is Asian but will try it.

LOL - what might you have against an Asian masseuse?
mitch5252

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

I don't have anything against them per se. I have read about them and they usually have all the beds in one big room with very little privacy and more noise and distractions. Also a lot of miscommunication due to them not understanding or speaking English. They are less expensive tho.

I did go for my massage yesterday and luckily it was in a private room but the masseuse didn't speak any English other than "OK?" . She was very good tho. She used hot stones on me which were very hot and I was hoping she would understand "too hot!" and she did luckily so she removed some or put a towel under them.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee