On the Road Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

On the Road Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:29 am

Morning all. Headed out for the U.P. This morning. No rush as only about 3 hour drive. Doing the short leg today. Tomorrow will be a bit over 200 miles. Lookng forward to seeing Eilen and DH again tomorrow. Got a great weather forecast coming up.

Thinking of those in FL as Irma approaches. Glad to hear there's some rain hitting the PNW. Anne, you sound like you are definitely in mood for a move. Good luck. Carolb, nice to see you posting more and Irmi too. O'Sharon must have gone into winter hibernation already :lol: Been thinking about you. Sounds like a yummy dinner you folks had Beth. Hard to believe you will be leaving there before long. Wondering what Linda's winter plans are. Will you be returning to Keystone next year again, or is it time for a new adventure?

Guess i should starting getting in motion around here. Chilly out there, so not rushing. Trailer is loaded except for the last minute stuff. Just need to hitch up. Have a nice weekend all and please stay safe near the hurricane and fire aras.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: On the Road Friday

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 am

Good morning all!

A trip to the UP sounds wonderful, can't wait to get the Florida condo behind us so we can travel more, I haven't been up that way in far too long.

Talked with an acquaintance I know down by our condo, she said most stations there are out of gas, the interstate is jammed (it's taking eight hours to go what should take two), so people are running out of gas and are just stuck in their cars. What a mess.

Hope everyone is happy and safe today.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Irmi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 am

Good morning Sue, Mickie, & everyone!

Sue, have a fun trip to the U.P. That is still on my bucket list and sure hope to get to that neck of the woods at some point.

Mickie, I've been watching the news about people heading out of FL and how jam packed the roads are. I hope everyone makes it to their destinations safely.

We are keeping a close eye on the weather, even here in MD, as you never know what the storm is going to do. Yesterday we took all the cushions off the furniture in the gazebo and stored them in one of Steve's sheds. Since we are out in the open in the country, we may go elsewhere to hunker down if we feel it is necessary, to ride out the storm.

Regardless of where you are, between the weather and fires, please stay safe!
Irmi

Postby Othersharon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:42 am

Hello all! Thanks for thinking about me, Sue. Figure I'd jump in and fill you all in a bit on what's been happening in my life the last several weeks. I've been down and out with a back problem since July. I'm finally starting to think I may be coming out of the worst of it! Been seeing the chiropractor and doing pysical therapy a couple of times a week and that has helped the most. Been to an orthopedic doctor but he's taking a wait and see. So just jumping through that hoop! But needless to say any plans that I had had to be put on the back burner. And September has been acting more like October so not real hopeful for any more travel this season. I've been at least been trying to keep up with all of the news here even without posting. Even if I can't go and do right now I can enjoy all your adventures! So that's my life in a nutshell! Stay healthy and travel safe all!
Othersharon

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Smoke level is a little better today. At least I can see a mountain in the distance that I could not see yesterday, and the sun has been out most of the day. Also, there was a smell yesterday which is now gone. It is also breezy, which helps. Apparently, the coast is pretty clear and Portland is also much better, so no problems right now about heading to the coast on Monday morning. We got only a few drops of rain last night instead of the amount expected, but at least we have the wind to blow the smoke into California and Nevada! Idaho does not look good right now, however, so check on that one before you travel. Things can turn very fast, however, so I am checking the reports all the time.

Nice view here at Emigrant Lake, so I am taking advantage of it to relax and get some personal stuff done. I am going to whip through the last assignment today--moves very fast as I only have to assign a grade and not make comments. Still exam week, and I have an extra week before the new semester begins, so will try to take some time off for reading for myself.

Also, keeping up with my four cousins who live in southern Florida. They are staying in place and have stocked up on supplies. All have been through several hurricanes, so I can only hope they know what they are doing. At least, none live directly on the coast. (I have a 5th cousin, but he lives a lot farther north, so lot safer.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee