Calendar Says September 7...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Calendar Says September 7...

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 am

Mornin' ladies~~~

...but it feels more like October with 40* temps at night. Have been wearing jeans and long sleeves. OK with me tho, I love sweater weather.

Need to do some catch-up reading, but happy belated BJ! Sue, I got a kick out of your description of it being dark when you got up yesterday. Reminded me of the George Carlin routine of
"tonight's forecast dark. Mostly scattered light by morning". :D

Been busy running this week. The Ford in for body work, wake, funeral, financial guys, Container Store, etc. Bank today. Can't wait to get the Ford back. Feel like I'm sitting in a bucket in the loaner CRV. It's free so I'll take it!

Looking at the calendar. 2 1/2 weeks until Thomson, then the plan is on the road, pending Ma status.

Well that's it. Have a good day ladies and stay safe where ever you are.

Lyn - I sent you a PM.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Calendar Says September 7...

Postby Queen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 am

Morning all!

Sitting here in this weird anticipatory mood, wondering if we'll have a habitable condo to move to in October. We won't have a place in IL after October, so it just feels kinda weird. Guess we'll wait and watch and see how it all turns out.

Cheryl, I've been loving the cooler weather, Mary not so much. Oh well, it's my turn, I was hot and sweaty all summer!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:19 am

Queen wrote:Morning all!

Sitting here in this weird anticipatory mood, wondering if we'll have a habitable condo to move to in October. We won't have a place in IL after October, so it just feels kinda weird. Guess we'll wait and watch and see how it all turns out.

Cheryl, I've been loving the cooler weather, Mary not so much. Oh well, it's my turn, I was hot and sweaty all summer!

Um - just a thought - buy that B! ;)
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 am

Raining hard here in Red Bluff California and woke me up. Two earlier brief periods of rain tonight but this last one has lasted half an hour and still going strong. Also raining in southern Oregon and supposed to rain in central and maybe even northern Oregon today. All of this is excellent news for smoke and fires.

This means I can head into Southern Oregon as planned. Also wind changing which will help clear air around coast. Hope this puts out some of the fires and gives the firefighters a rest. Cooler temps due also.

Going back to sleep if I can.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:25 am

Queen wrote:Morning all!

What city in Florida is your condo located in?

Hoping it is not in harms way.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:09 am

Good morning
Glad to hear about the rain in Calif and Oregon. Its supposed to start here later this afternoon.
I don't have much to say this morning. Watching the hurricane stuff play out, saying prayers for everyone.
Y'all be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Queen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

IrishIroamed wrote:
Um - just a thought - buy that B! ;)

Need the money from the sale of the condo to do that.

Cudedog wrote:
What city in Florida is your condo located in?

Hoping it is not in harms way.

Anne

We're in New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. Our condo complex just finished the repairs from hurricane Matthew last fall.

Fingers crossed.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 am

Went to bed early, slept in late. Oh it felt good. But it's now approaching 10 and my laziness has continued... Haven't showered or walked Peaches yet. :o

We had our end of season dinner Tuesday night... Labor Day weekend was the end for two employees. Today we have a "pot luck" in quotes because Dave and Vicki are preparing main food, potatoes and dessert!

Less than month and I'll be on the road, too.

Last I've heard Florida, or at least some Floridians I know, are feeling they are safe. I hope so, but I'd be heading out. Just too scary.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am

avalen wrote:Good morning
Glad to hear about the rain in Calif and Oregon. Its supposed to start here later this afternoon.
I don't have much to say this morning. Watching the hurricane stuff play out, saying prayers for everyone.
Y'all be safe

The rain Judy is experiencing must be fairly localized.

I live about 1 1/2 hours south of Red Bluff; no rain here at all. Weather.gov predicts that temps in my general area near Sacramento to be about 85 today. Generally, that means that the temp at my house will be 90 +/-.

By Sunday it will be 100 degrees. Again.

Cool weather and rain can't come soon enough.

I am actually looking to make a move to southern Oregon. I want to get out of this heat, and definitely out of being downstream from Oroville Dam.

If any of you Oregon ladies have any suggestions of a good place to move to - or of any homes for sale in your area - I am all ears.

I might even consider moving to Sue's area, except it would take me too far from my kids. I really like what Sue has to say about where she lives.

Anyway, Zillow is my new best friend. :lol: :roll: :-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Yes! All those in Florida take care! I listened to a meteorologist on the radio and he couldn't emphasize enough that Irma is going to be a bad one! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Being lazy here this morning too. Posted my camper on CL last night and already have 3 responses. As soon as my phone gets charged up, I will call them back.

Need to pay bills and clean out my Jeep and then head to work later on.

Mickey, I sure hope you and Mary have hurricane insurance! Good luck!

Hope those rains knock out a lot of the fires up there! It makes me so sad to think about all the wildlife that has perished in those areas!

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Rain was all north of Red Bluff and west. Not at all south where you are. Red Bluff and Redding had .3 inches or more. Supposed to rain in Medford and northwest. Rained in Eugene also last night and that area.
JudyJB
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:09 pm

We only had a half hour of rain this morning. Heard thunder and lightning and raindrops on the roof but nothing since. Hope we get some more. It sure helped with the smoke...the smell anyway we still have plenty of smoke.

Temps are perfect tho for me 77 right now tomorrow 80 with low of 58 ...YES
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Made it to Emigrant lake and it definitely is smoky but not bothering me. Having a few drops of rain right now but everything helps. Rain has mostly moved north, but they really need it up there so I dont mind. Supposed to be clearer tomorrow assuming no more fires get started. I am headed for coast on Sunday and is supposed to be much better there becayse of change in wind.
JudyJB
JudyJB

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm

I finally got around to taking my motorhome for a drive. Went to town and got gas just in case. When I got back I decided to wash it. It was more like a lick and a promise. I need bug remover for the top front and the satellite dome.

The weather channel is showing the Florida evacuation. What a mess. I don't know what they are going to do for all the people that have run out of gas. They are stopping flights supposedly tomorrow. What are all those people at the air port going to do? Cruise ships have come in early. Some of those people probably have flights that are not going to happen.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Morning Coffee