And another wet Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

And another wet Day

Postby Colliemom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 am

G'Morning. Up at 0'dark Thirty this morning. Woke up and can't go back to sleep, so rolled out a bit past 5:30. They say it's partly cloudy out. Wouldn't know as it's dark out there :lol: More lake effect rain showers on the forecast today.

Looks like Irma is heading for FL. Time to hit the road, those of you down there. Heading North or a bit Northwest seems to be the best option. Camp Driveway is open up here in MI. Although I will be heading into the U.P. On the weekend. And no I am not avoiding Irma :lol:

Nothing much doing here. Just puttering with small stuff, setting things aside for the trip and hoping rain will let me get in and clean my trailer so I can start loading tomorrow. Chiropractor apps., and Farmers Market on agenda for this morning.

Stay safe all of you, between the heat and fires out west to Hurricane threat in the south.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: And another wet Day

Postby Queen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 am

Morning, Sue.

Cool and clear here today, might see some rain later on. Heading to the state retirement office to make some banking changes on both of our accounts today, we tried switching mine to the bank we use in FL but I don't like the way the deal with direct deposits, sow it as zero, then the amount, then it disappears for a couple of days, then shows up permanently... very weird. I'll just go back to my local bank here in IL where things seem normal, your check shows up and gets credited, it's like magic!

Hope everyone in the path of storms and fires stays safe.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby carolb » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:40 am

Gmorning Sue, Mickie & all to follow:)

Rain here in the NE too, looks like for the rest of the week. Just so sad for all the fires & hurricanes--the devastation is heartbreaking....

Inside chores today, plus a few errands. Bro picked a ton of tomatoes the other day, so we'll be doing something with them soon. Salsa turned out really tasty, may make more.

Hope y'all have a great day, and travelers be safe on the road 8-)
carolb

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 am

Good morning ladies
haven't been out yet, other than maggie's quick run outside to potty, but it was dark then.
It looks overcast and weather report says maybe a little drizzle later. The smoke has gone southeast and with a drizzle we should really get some cleaner air. Spent yesterday re-arranging and stowing extra stuff to balance the weight. Then I did some cleaning in specific areas that won't be touched again until I get home. Still lots to clean, but all the dishes are done and put away.Still wanting to get over to Blue Beacon, its just across the bridge in Portland, but we will see how that plan goes today. If I do that, I'll need to clear the table and the stove.Friday is the day dad has planned for me to get on the roof
Doing a lot of thinking lately, with the park closing where I live, think when my lease expires end of December, I'll load up all my extra stuff into the fifthwheel and put the fifthwheel in storage until I find a lot to call home. I don't want to be dumping $400 into rent when I could be saving it and knowing eventually I'd have to move anyway. So there you have it, one major decision made.Guess I'll get dressed and go in to say good morning to dad.Y'all have a great day, please please please be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby beazle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:57 am

Still morning, for a little bit, anyway. Heading up to the UP with Sue for a little getaway with the DH. I found a municipal park in Antigo, about halfway, that has full hookups for $20 a night, so we'll have an easy drive up there. Not much more than a blacktop parking lot, but level, hot showers, free wi-if & walking distance to their downtown, so I'm pleased. Sunny intermittently today but cool, no rain until later. Piling junk in the hallway for loading into the RV tomorrow or Friday, so weather won't be a problem.
Those of you in fire & brimstone areas, be careful & safe, watch air quality. Those of you fleeing Florida, please be safe and careful. The rest of you, happy trails & enjoy life.
Eileen
beazle

Return to Morning Coffee