No labor Monday...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

No labor Monday...

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 am

Good morning everyone.... unless you count moving to another site this is a no Labor Day for me... they are closing down this loop for the year ...besides that I've spent my 14 days here.... so I am moving to the one Loop they are keeping open until the 10th.... I will spend a few days here not sure how many yet before I go to meet Margie on the 11th... supposed to be raining most of the week I think so I'll just be hanging out maybe I'll go to a quilt shop a about 10 miles away ....I don't know... I think I've rested plenty... I'm now ready to move on... I'm really anxious to be back in Florida looking for my new home but it's still too hot... don't work too hard today ...all for me right now...B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: No labor Monday...

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 am

Morning, Donna! No labor sounds good.

Today will be a cooking day around here, I don't do it often, but today I'm going to make big omelets for breakfast with loads of fresh veggies. Later on I'm making a big batch of quinoa and black beans with onions. Two meals in one day, whew!

Hope anyone who's still working, enjoys the extra day off!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby carolb » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:55 am

Gmorning Donna, Mickie, & all to follow:)

No labor here either--Cousin Di's usual cookout with all the other grey-hairs:) Seems almost hedonistic to be relaxing when there's so much work to be done in the wake of Harvey. Donating seems a pithy thing to do--if I didn't have pups, I'd seriously think about heading down there...

Speaking of labor, Mickie, hope you & Mary can make it through her last miserable days of work! Don't know how employers can get away with that--seems like some type of harassment?

Hope those of you in the west can find relief from the heat. Alice, I think of you escaping the AZ summer heat--who'da thunk you'd be baking in the NW all summer. But how wonderful that you had an entire summer to help Dad & catch up with other family:)

Hope y'all have a great day, wherever you are & whatever you do. Safe travels to all on the road! 8-)
carolb

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:19 am

Mornin ladies~~~
No labor today here either. Have a wake today and funeral tomorrow for a favorite aunt. Gonna be a tough couple of days.

Martha I got a kick out of your calling your nephew "I'm guna". :lol:

Seems like most bosses turn into real jerks or more of a jerk if they were a jerk before if you give them your notice. I've decided they're are just jerks and also jealous . Don't look back. Just day ciao bebe.

Interesting read on the percentage marked off on B classes. Mickie Just look at the drop in prices of rigs even at a show. I've seen some listed on lots for over a $125K and then see the same model at a show for $86K.

Not much else going on here except looking for some specific bins that will fit in the wardrobe in the camper. Got the idea from the manufacturer FB site. The ones I found will fit inside the wardrobe but the drawer is too wide to come out the door. I'll keep looking. It will give me something to do in between all of my other chores this month.

That's all from the Chitown burbs have a good day ladies and stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:11 am

Yes, Marys boss was always a diva and a bit of a jerk, she's taking it to new heights now. Hoping she just chills a bit now that she sees the inevitability.

Cheryl, you're right, it's jealousy based in greed. Her boss announced her retirement twice in the last three years, but just keeps staying for a little bit more money, I think she'll die at her desk.... because there's NEVER going to be enough money for her.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:27 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Well, doesn't really feel like a holiday to me. So I may indulge in a little labor :D I need too, to get this place vacuumed and out of it. My heart isn't really into it. I can think of so many things I'd rather be doing. :roll:

It's beautiful out this morning, did have heater on for a time though. Hard to crawl out of bed to turn it on :o I'm moving slow (what else is new :D ) this morning!! Mr. P is still curled up next to me in his blankie. Time to get his little butt moving too :lol:

Wishing you all a lovely day. Whatever you plan or wherever you are, please stay safe but have fun!!

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:34 am

Good morning ladies
Today will be a hot one, but the good thing is, the "hot" only lasts a few hours and then it starts to cook off for night. Have only had a few hot days since I've been here. And, of course I don't even notice when I'm indoors enjoying the air conditioning. :D
Got the official phone call from the mobile home park back home. The Indian reservation
will not renew the lease on the mhp. I'll find out when I get home how much time we
actually have but from the last meeting I think its 18 months. I've been wanting to
find property anyway so I am not concerned.
Don't have anything planned today, as it should be, its labor day :lol:
Y'all enjoy your day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

It hasn't made it to 90 yet, it's only 89. :lol: The low last night was 75 so maybe fall is on it's way. Now they have Irma going more South. Please, please go away.

Cheryl, what I call my nephew is mild compared to what his mother calls him. She is mostly feeding and dressing his three kids. People say jobs are hard to find. They must not be that hard because he has had a million of them. Just can't keep one very long.

I had a hard time getting away from the job I had 40 something years ago when I decided to get married. I liked my boss a lot but he didn't want me to leave. I gave him a month's notice and he finally hired someone for me to train. My last week he fired her. They couldn't stand her. I ended up commuting about 80 miles for several months to keep things going and train someone else. :roll:

I don't know what I will do today but it won't be much.

Martha
Last edited by Acadianmom on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 pm

It has finally cooled off in California. The day before was 108 here in Napa, which is an all-time record, but yesterday was "only" 97 and today is supposed to be 88. Rest of week will be in usual 80s. The worst part of the 108 day was when the power went off for two hours! This very nice campground in in the county fairgrounds, but huge paved sites and lots of grass and landscaping, but the power company (PG&E) trucks have to drive past here to get to and from a large lot they park in, so it was non-stop trucks all day and all night. Apparently a lot of transformers were burning out, so they were busy until yesterday.

I ran my generator until the power came beck on. My son's new house has a pool and is less than a mile from here, so he picked me up after the power came back up and I went for a cooling swim.

And today, we are going out for dinner at 1:00 pm--maybe it is lunch? Anyway, tomorrow I will ride my bike to my daughter-in-law's school where she is principal and borrow her car to run the last of my errands. Too hot for bike riding earlier this week! I will also pick kids up from school and take them out for ice cream and then bring them to their house for a swim and dinner. I leave Wednesday for Oregon--Yea!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Good morning gals!
Cloudy again today. Got some rain overnight but probably not a lot. A little cooler today tho finally.

Working later this afternoon and evening. Then have tomorrow off. Need to run some errands tomorrow but will try to fit in something fun. Lots of fun things to do out here so I am sure I will find something to do.

Have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm

It was 105 here yesterday, I think under 100 miles from Judy! But today is supposed to be under 100. Been so smoky we have stayed inside as much as possible. Mid week trip to UCD for his chest drainage but otherwise quiet week. Here I am losing weight on Keto way of eating working at it while trying to help Mel NOt lose weight on same way of eating which he is eating because of anti cancer properties! Sheesh!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee