Playing Sunday ???

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Playing Sunday ???

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am

Good Morning Everyone !! It's still morning as I start this but by the time it post hmmm? Hope everyone is having a really nice weekend. Our part of Harvey moved out yesterday morning early. Beautiful out there right now, but temp sure dropped during the night, gotta dig the heater out. Sure like this cool stuff but not when I'd like to dress :D early morning. Not sure what day will bring. Well, Mr P, is through eating and decided my lap is where he needed to be :D he is the most loving little dog or is it needy, but it suits us both which ever .

Take care this week end but enjoy your holiday and please stay safe, no real news here, just thought the day needed to be started here,

CArol
Carolinagal

Re: Playing Sunday ???

Postby Pooker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:59 am

Well, it's still morning here, CArol. Had to turn the A/C on before 7:00 a.m.! I like heat, but this over 100 degrees every day has me down. Three days in a row my thermometer on the patio has registered 110+. It's at the point where the house doesn't cool off by much overnight. I know it could be worse and my heart goes out to all those who suffered Harvey's wrath. I sure can't complain about a little heat.

Everyone have a good holiday and stay safe.

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Queen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Morning/afternoon all!

Just got back from putting some stuff in our storage unit, it's starting to feel more real every day, cannot believe we'll be done with the full time work grind! I know financially we'll probably have to work part time or work camp at some point, but it's going to be great to be out of the rat race!!

Hope everyone has a super day!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Sun is peeking out behind the clouds and it's a bit windy. Warmer than yesterday but still on the cool side. Took the inflatable kayak out for its maiden voyage this morning and am pleased with how it handled. Better than I expected even when the wind picked up. Easy to inflate. Hopefully as easy to pack up and it's going right into the camper for next weekends adventure! Trying out a soup recipe in the Instant Pot shortly. Made chicken rice and broccoli in it for dinner last night. Easy and pretty good!
Safe travels all and have a great day!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Good morning
All my "dad" chores are done, except the roof repair. But I was up there yesterday to survey the situation and
see what we needed. Just slide the shingle back in and throw son roofing nails at it and little bit of that black roofing adhesive. Easy peazy. Other chore we accomplished before it got too hot has been a very simple expensive one :lol:
Short version, I bought a cargo carrier to put in the hitch but the holes seemed like it made it stick out too far, pushed it in closer to the bumper to drill new set of holes for the pin. 3 drill bits later and 3 different drills,,,its finally lined up and the pin fits just right. Part of the problem was dads memory of where his stuff was and the process of what drill was the proper one to use. No Alzheimer's, just normal old age forgot something. It took 4 different trips to the hardware store looking at tools and stuff he said, come on, I've got that, lets go home.
I've started planning my route back home, want to stop and visit Karen on the way, wondering how bad the smoke is going through Oregon and also trying to find out if there's road closures. I'd say normal pre-road jitters. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it. ;-)
Located a Blue Beacon nearby, sometime this week I'll get over there.
That's all I've got, y'all enjoy your holiday weekend, prayers for those surviving Harvey as well as the fires.
Be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:43 pm

No, not playing..got the sheets washed and clean bedding for tonight. Still have to vacuum and check the tires, but that is all. Tomorrow I am out of here. Been nice to see/visit with Beth, Linda, Vicky & Dave. I saw buffaloes, prong horn antelope, prairie dogs and donkeys walking down the road when I went driving the other day. Oh yes, saw the "heads" too!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Still hot here but no rain. Will probably be a while before we have to worry about turning on the heat.

Ava, I can see going through some drill bits trying to drill through a hitch. I talked about a carrier for my motorhome for so long my sister finally bought me a used one. I haven't seen it but she said something needed welding on it and her son was going to fix it and paint it. I hope I live long enough to see it useable. :roll: That bunch is not known for fixing things. I call her oldest son "I'm guna."

Kelly, glad you like your kayak. Another thing I might get sometime. The Louisiana bunch I camp with like to kayak and the only kind I would be able to bring would be an inflatable. I bought an instant pot and have never tried to use it. My son was boiling eggs in it. I have a recipe and some pork chops so might try it out this week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Birdie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Went to Notre Dame University today with an RVing lady parked next to me. That is a beautiful campus. Made a run to WalMart, but didn't get everything I neede. Will make a run in the rain tomorrow. I am looking forward to heading out Tuesday. I think I can make SW MO in two sleeps and 3 fill up, 4 if you count the Joplin stop. Be safe on the road but have fun.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to Morning Coffee