Rainy Sat....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Sat....

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:50 am

Good morning everyone... Harvey finally made it to visit us in Pennsylvania... and the campground is full of families having a special Labor Day weekend but... it already has started to rain 70% rain today 50% tomorrow on Monday the day they will leave sunny and 84.... Pheebe and I are hunkered down we got everything we need but I sure would like to have a place to see ... no such place inside the RT... we have a celebrity amongst us.... Liz and her new RT are all over YouTube courtesy of Sunshine RV... well all me now...B safe ...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Rainy Sat....

Postby elkriverrats » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:11 am

Good Morning Donna and all who follow!
Also rainy here in MD - and chilly. Put on my winter slippers last night! Work has been crazy busy. I took some of my OT and bought a Sea Eagle inflatable kayak. It arrived this week, hoping I can use it this weekend for a trial run. Taking Mom camping for her bday next weekend and I'm excited to finally kayak while camping! We will be at Smallwood SP in MD if anyone is in the area.
Safe travels and have a wonderful day
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby beazle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:22 am

Well, I missed the roll call and RABBITS yesterday, oops! No excuses, just forgot. All is well here in Germantown, and we had a blast last week at the Blue Marlin Resort for the Eclipse. Legendary hospitality, and I got to meet Red, as well. I'm planning a quick trip to the UP next weekend, hoping to see Porcupine Mt. for a bit. Sue is joining us, I hope. We were planning for a longer visit but then bro-in-law & his wife decided to come for a visit. Will be nice to see them & they haven't seen our new place yet (over a year!) so we'll be here. Yesterday we drove to the Hispanic part of Milwaukee to shop at a specialty grocery to get authentic stuff for a taco bar on Labor Day. What fun! Beautiful piñatas of every possible figure hanging everywhere along with amazing aromas and produce varieties I've only seen on TV. we got fresh corn & flour tortillas & lots of pretty vegetables and beans. It was a great experience. We've done the Italian grocery & Asian groceries, but never made it to this one before, but will again.
Also looking forward to the Thompson GTG end of September, too. Still sites available if more want to join us, check it out!
Congratulations to Liz on your new RT, it looks beautiful in pictures. Mickie, glad Mary is getting out of that nasty workplace. I enjoyed my job a great deal, and still found myself thinking, "just drive away..." when I had frustrating moments that last month.
Judy JB, stay cool out there, and those out west stay clear of the fires. Thinking of Martha, stay dry. Greetings & well wishes to all the rest of you, and happy trails.
beazle

Postby JudyJB » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:24 pm

It is already 99 here at noon. I about had a "conniption" as they used to say when I checked the weather and it said 115! Then I discovered I was looking at the wrong town. Oops. ONLY getting to 109 today and then "cooling down" to 99 tomorrow. All of this is a big shock to my Michigan sensibilities where 90 was an extremely hot day that came once in a great while in summer. :o

Going to my son's house for a swim later, and then tomorrow we are going to Domaine Chandon champagnerie to pick up my son's monthly wine order. They belong to some sort of champagne of the month club. Might pick up a bottle myself. Monday will be going out to dinner to a place I have never been. We almost never do any wine tasting because it is so expensive here. When my son moved here to Napa in 1997, nearly all the wineries offered free tasting. Now they charge $10-15 per person and that gets really expensive. My son and his wife buy a lot of their wine at auction a couple times a year, which is much cheaper. Some wineries will also give them a discount because they live here. Also, most of the grocery stores around here have huge wine selections, so once you know the wine you like, you can get it MUCH cheaper there.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Noon today and it's already 101, so guessing prediction of warmer than yesterday's 107 will be the order of the day. Staying in out of heat, watching cooking shows. Mel is doing ok with round 2 of chemo. Next Wednesday afternoon he will have fluid drained from chest again, which is caused by irritation from the cancer in lymph nodes in lower chest. Otherwise all ok here. Just learned the best man from our wedding, Mel's Uncle, died today. He was in his 90's but what a great guy he has been, showing us so much love through the years. He will be missed and of course we can't go to Oklahoma right now for services.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 pm

I feel guilty that I've not been able to spend much time with Lyn. But I was able to give her a Custer State park pass so she could tour it on her own. Unfortunately, one of the couples scheduled to work this weekend came down with something (since both at the same time, possibly food poisoning) and I've been pulling lots of extra hours. This weekend is pretty much our last hurrah, so bad timing, but nothing that could be done about it. And I've been there... Don't want them to return until they truly are ready.

One more month! Then I'll have a couple/few weeks. Weather permitting I'm hoping to stop and see Sheila. It'll be fun to be in travel mode. And in a couple weeks, if no problems and the weather is good, I'm taking a 4 day weekend somewhere tbd.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Hot, hot and hot here! 103 right now in San Diego with a high forecasted for 109! Feels like I am still in Phoenix! It is a bit humid too so that makes it feel even hotter. Supposed to rain tomorrow and then drop down to the 80's for highs all next week. Whew! Wanted to go check on my camper today but just too hot to go anywhere I don't have to be.

Just got home from work. Was pretty steady today so that was good. Got my first paycheck and that looked pretty nice. I make more here per hour here since their minimum wage is higher.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm heading toward home. Drove through smoky Oregon today. Had a reservation in southern Oregon but canceled it because of so much smoke from all the fires. The pups and I ended up driving 9 hours to our next reservation in Redding in Northern California. No smoke but it's 115. Yuck!! We'll head for home tomorrow leaving VERY early.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:51 am

One more month! Then I'll have a couple/few weeks. Weather permitting I'm hoping to stop and see Sheila. It'll be fun to be in travel mode. And in a couple weeks, if no problems and the weather is good, I'm taking a 4 day weekend somewhere tbd.[/quote]

YES!!!!!
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee