Friday, Sept Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Re: Friday, Sept Roll Call

Postby avalen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Good morning, I remembered rabbits !!
Finally got the back yard mowed and ill take the little grass shears and trim up the edges.
Cut my finger bad with the pruners cutting little limbs to fit the yard waste can. Its really sore, then working in the garage with dad cutting a hint with the hacksaw, dad missed and cut his thumb and nail with the saw. So, we both got bandaids this morning. Winding up a few chores over this week and roadtime is just around the corner. NEXT weekend my nephew comes down for a day visit and I hope to get him on the roof to fix one shingle. But, I might do it myself if I get the urge to climb on the roof. Lol
Daughter has the cement trucks in the back yard today building the pool. Told her I'd be home soon but guessed the pool wouldn't be ready yet.
Ok, break time is over, back to work. Y'all have a great day, be safe, enjoy your visits with friends and hope y'all stay dry.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 pm

It's not even 1:00 pm yet and the temp is already 102! It will be 109 by late afternoon, but I am staying inside today and am fairly comfortable. No cooking, to say the least! Yesterday, late afternoon I took some Parmesan chicken and noodles ready to cook and went over to my son's house. SO glad this new house has a pool. It really helped cool me off.

My large top dresser drawer has become a junk drawer over the past five years, and so today, I finally tackled it. I had two canvas bins in there, but mostly stuff was just tossed in when I did not know what to do with it--mostly cosmetics and buttons, and papers, and all sorts of stuff. A couple of months ago, I got three zippered cosmetic bags stuck inside one another for $7 at a Michaels, so used the big one for sewing and the large one to put some stuff in my computer case. Also put the buttons in a tiny plastic bag and put some of the stuff that really does not belong in a junk drawer into the places is DOES belong! Anyway, the drawer is now about 40% full, so more room to toss in junk, I assume. Amazing how much you accumulate if you do not go through your drawers from time to time. I have two more dresser drawers at the bottom filled with bigger junk, so will tackle them later this week. One organization project per day is adequate for supposed retirement! :)

Carol, your leg sounds scary, so be sure to go back to the doctor next week. Maybe you need something like prednisone for the allergic part.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Good afternoon! I am being lazy today. :roll: Did manage to get some things done yesterday tho. Will head to work in a little while. I think I work every day now until next Tuesday. We had a guy who was gonna transfer to our shop this week from another one who would have taken some of my hours but he ended up quitting, so we are still shorthanded. The two girls who hate each other are still fighting. I swear if they get into another cat fight while I am there, I will walk out!

I didn't realize it was already the 1st today so I forgot to say "rabbits". Darn!

Still very hot here. :shock: 100* right now in San Diego, upper 90's at the beaches. Inland areas even higher. The schools are on half day morning schedules right now because of the heat.

Peggy, I used to live in Lakewood, CO. Nice area near the foothills.

CArol, keep a close eye on your leg. If it gets any worse at all, especially the swelling, I would go in and get it checked out ASAP.

Good to hear from Carolb!

Mickey, that is just awful how Mary's boss is treating her! So glad she is getting out of there soon!

Hoping that Hurricane Erma heads north and back out to sea before doing any major destruction!

Have a great day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:20 pm

I thought I remembered Rabbits!!! said it then recalled before I went to bed (which was after 12:00 we won't admit to how long after midnight :roll: ) I said something to Shadow does that count?
night time is really cooling down here really need to see why the fireplace won't stay lite...another issue to take care of before I leave...need to go to SD to get my drivers license when do you close up Beth? My brother is back in hospital with pneumonia I am sure that his system is weaken from the treatments he is going through...think he will be out tomorrow...have lots of stuff I want to finish before I leave...making a Swedish Weave for my mom have material for a quilt for one of my granddaughters...and want to do a quilt for my sister...I have procrastinated until the summer is over...Monday we are going to my mom's and do some of the work that needs to be done decks water proofed shed needs to be finished...and some plants pruned drastically
so lots to do and only a couple of months to finish it in
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Forgot rabbits this morning and if how this day went is because of that, I'm in big trouble this month lol
Good to see so many check in. Nothing more from me... Time to get some shut eye so that the alarm clock won't be too much of a system shock.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Morning Coffee