Friday, Sept Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Friday, Sept Roll Call

Postby carolb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 am

Gmorning all!

Hope to hear from many of our forum family today! I've been awol--just have to say my past 2 wk trip for the eclipse left me reeling from social overload. Got home Wed evening, & I'm still recovering from it all. The next couple days of being in my "lady lair" (immersing myself in yard work!) should revive me hahaha

Okay, so I've missed much--too much to offer individual kudos or condolences...Mostly I want to send special thoughts to Martha & other forum family in the hurricane area.

Y'all have a great day & be safe wherever you are 8-)
carolb

Re: Friday, Sept Roll Call

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:04 am

I am here sitting in the KY Horse Park Campground getting ready to take Josef over to the arena area by car. Another day another dog show. He will at least be picking up Owner Handler points since he is the only dog eligible. THe rest are all being shown by professional handlers. :) Yes, it is raining and is expected to continue all day. I will be sleeping with damp dogs this evening.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 am

Good morning.

Had to wait until today to get the storage unit, or pay a prorated amount for last month, so back there this morning to get it all set up. May take a ceremonial box over to get the ball rolling. :D

As expected, Mary's boss is making her life utterly miserable since she gave her retirement notice, no congratulations, no best wishes, just anger and mean behavior. Only four more weeks for her after today!!

Hope everyone is doing well.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 am

Good morning everybody.... it is pretty chilly here this morning Pheebe... had to have her jammies and a sweater on this morning when she went out... that's my little ceramic heater turned on that seems to work pretty good in the RT... been busy visiting family ...doing laundry checking a few things out.. thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back to Florida what kind of home I'm going to be able to afford... doctor's appointment this morning for annual GYN and Mami.... they will be closing this Loop and several others on Labor Day the 4th that will be my last day here but they are keeping sites 1 - 90 open so I probably will get one of those two it's time to leave and meet Margie... This Campground will shut down on September 10th ....praying for all those devastated by this hurricane that's horrible and there's another one in the Atlantic...B safe ...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 am

Good Morning from the chilly north. Frost on the edges of the roofs this morning. Way to early for that yet. But warmer, more normal weather coming back in.

Carolb, know what you mean about social overload. Had that last wek for couple days. Was fun, but nice for a little "me" time. Tina, nothing more aromatic than a damp dog :) :roll: :lol: Donna, sounds like you are enjoying being on the road per say. Something will turn up in FL, but with a potential hurricane out there, one less thing you have to worry about. Maybe go help down in TX for awhile.Mickie, bet Mary is going to be so glad to get out and away from that boss. Selfishness on his part.

Finishing up last of little paint jobs outside, so that will be all done. Thinking of heading to big craft show tomorrow. Need to start gathering stuff together in prep for U.P. Trip, latter part of next week. Off to do some shopping this morning. Friend camping at State Park by me, so will be visiting over there today as well.

At least the rain in TX has stopped. Now the big cleanup begins. And another big hurricane heading west across the Atlantic. Hope it stays out of the Gulf. Have a nice day in spite of the weather and what not.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 am

Good Morning Everyone !! raining here in the Mountains of NC !! Getting the outer remnants of Harry as it travels northward. So far nothing more then rain and of course that's all I want :roll:

My poison ivy infection deal on my left leg is not clearing up as fast as I'd hoped. May have another dr app next week on my list of things to do. The swelling half way up my leg has me concerned, I've always had bad varicose veins in it, so I don't feel it's to be messed with. Have quite a bit of antibiotic left, so we'll see.

Have a good start on sorting and vacuuming one room at a time, it wears me out, so a room a day. Neighbor has relative that may come and haul my trash, plus thrift store stuff, thinking those piles are going to end up about even. That would be really nice. All the hauling out to vehicle wears me out too. Realizing I'm older then I want to feel :lol: might as well laugh over it!! This leg business of course isn't helping.

Mr P and I, are set up nice here on property. Will probably stay most of Sept. will leave for night or so and stay at CG and dump and fill water, several times . There is a couple I want to check out, back off main roads here. Need ideas of camping spots around here, I'll have to come back, ya know, love this area.

Net, is on and off here, when I submit this have to hope I caught an " on" time :lol: Have a great week end everybody, I shall be missing a big family wedding in Ohio I had planned on going to, and then onto Mi but plans change when you have to deal with a physical situation that all that driving would only make the swelling worse. Hardest decision. Not going.
I have a good book and thinking Mr P and I, will have a picnic along the river Sunday Afternnon and watch the rafters.

Lazy little butt isn't up yet, past time to rise and shine Mr Peanut !!! He's cuddled up beside me in his blankie and until I move he won't go anywhere. Most loving little critter ever!!!!!!!!

Stay safe, but enjoy your week end,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Irmi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 am

Good morning everyone!

Carolb, glad you made it back safely to your home in NY. Now it's time to get caught up on your outside work.

Tina, enjoy your day at the dog show!

Queen, I know you're looking forward to Mary's retirement to start so you can get back to FL and wherever else after that.

Donna, I'm looking forward to hearing what your plans are for the winter.

Sue, it's hard to believe you had frost already, but it's unusually chilly in MD for this time of the year.

CArol, I put the problem with your leg clears up real soon.

Martha, you and Harold are always on my mind.

We finally have the house, gazebo and yard put back together after the flood here a few weeks ago and hoping the rain we'll be getting tomorrow from Harvey won't be too bad. We took my Mercedes to a specialty shop in Annapolis the beginning of the week and should be hearing from them today after a new module is installed to see how the repairs are going. I'm anxious to get the car home and in almost "like new" condition.

Have a good day everyone!
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:49 am

Still in Keystone...sun on the way...got the Wal-Mart trip over. Today, do a little driving around. Going to look at that cement block I had to be able to crawl through to go spelunking last time I was here. Gads, I could never do that today!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:54 am

Morning from the hot and smoky west coast. Heat advisory this weekend plus all the smoke from all the fires here in southern Oregon and Northern California, kind of a double whammy. I am surrounded by mountains so it just kind of sits here in the valley...blech.

Having company this weekend Laura (CougarFan) is coming down for a visit. Will be fun. Her sister lives close by and we are going to her house for dinner on Sunday to have a Crab Boil (never had one before). Will be fun to see her sister again it has been a while. Laura's Mom is coming for dinner on Sunday too so will be good to see her again also.

Going to get a haircut today so hope they dont scalp me.....need to monitor those scissors carefully.

Well I am off to get my errands done before the heat gets me.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 am

SoCalGalcas wrote:Still in Keystone...sun on the way...got the Wal-Mart trip over. Today, do a little driving around. Going to look at that cement block I had to be able to crawl through to go spelunking last time I was here. Gads, I could never do that today!
Lyn

I went spelunking back in the 70's enjoyed it then, now it just looks like way too much hard work, dirty, and dark. :mrgreen:
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby monik7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 am

Just getting up from our first overnight at a rest stop. We're just north of the turnoff to Mount St. Helens in Washington. I'll be checking that out today. I'm wondering why big trucks feel they have to come and park with their engines running right next to you in the middle of the night when there are plenty of other spaces. Oh well, the pups and I survived and can now check rest stop camping off the list. Everyone stay safe.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby PeggyinCT » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:09 am

Good morning Everybody from sunny Lakewood, CO. We've been off the road for nearly a month, doing all kinds of civilized things like renewing registration, getting new lens for my glasses, etc. Come Tuesday morning and we're back to exploring the nat'l parks; first one, Great Sand Dunes. Enjoy today. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 am

Present!

No much new here since yesterday. I had a favorite aunt pass away. :( Sad but at least she is not suffering anymore. Relatively quick as far as cancer goes.

Just some errands today. Not much else.

Stay safe everyone, especially if you are by the floods or fires.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:41 am

Forgot Rabbits again. Looks like it's going to be a nice day except it's already in the 90's. This morning they are predicting Irma to take a more Northerly turn later on. I think it's too far out for them to know what she is going to do.

CArol, Mr Peanut sure found a good mama that will let him sleep in. lol One of my cats wants out in the morning so he likes to walk on me. Take care of your leg. Hope Harvey only gives you a little rain and not the 13 inches we got. Just hope our yard drys up enough to mow before it starts raining again.

Late yesterday afternoon I decided to go fish in the pond. Mostly caught mud catfish. Some kind of weeds have just about taken over the small pond. I need to get a sample of what is growing and see if it can be poisoned without killing the fish. I need to put a light in my fishing stuff because I always stay too late and it almost gets dark before I head to the house. My son had started out to get me when I decided to head in.

I would sure like to go to a crab boil. I only got to eat boiled crawfish twice this year. I don't know if the local restaurant that serves boiled crabs still has them. It's a seasonal thing here and expensive for the amount of work and the little food you get. :lol: My friends that use to have seafood boils at their house have moved to New Orleans. :(

Sandi, glad you survived your first rest stop stay. I don't know if I could take the fumes from the trucks. Years ago when we were hauling horses we might stop for a few hours at a rest stop or truck stop and the fumes would almost make me sick.

I might go to Lafayette and finish my list of things I wanted to do if I can ever get myself dressed.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Birdie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Afternoon from Elkhart, IN. Was COLD this morning. When I looked it was 49. A bit of wind and some now and then sun. Rabbits may have been the second thing I said. No repeating the "....it's cold!"

Just had a Hallmark Three Sixty Five pull in beside me! I swear that 'thang' is 365' long! Biggest 5th wheel I have ever seen!

So, I need to make a WalMart run as I am running out of paper dishes. I have been without daily dumping most of the summer. That's okay unless you are wasting up dishes and cookware. If you dishwash much it takes its toll on your shower water space in the gray tank :o ! So I do have full hookups and used the last of the paper dishes for the fried pies. Need to stock up before I hit the road. Today is better than tomorrow.

So many businesses matching donations to Hurricane Harvey causes. It is a bit heart warming to see.

Martha, you be careful out there fishing! It is darker later in the morning and earlier in the evening. Remember about 90 seconds a day! Well until December! Hope you get a lot of dry weather down there. Expecting price of rice and crawdaddies to increase shortly.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Next

Return to Morning Coffee