Now what Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Now what Thursday

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:11 am

Mornin ladies ~~~
Now what meaning what other bad news will happen today? Floods, tornados, fires...we need good news and good weather for everyone.

Not much on the agenda today. Doctor appointment and going to pick up TT which has been in the shop since last week. Will have to go back again for drawer slide replacement part. Really? The factory is less than an hour away! It is what it is.

Stay safe everyone.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Now what Thursday

Postby Queen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:43 am

Good morning, Cheryl!

Heading off today to get our storage set up, we thought we had it all picked out but stopped on a whim at the new uhaul place about a half mile from home. It was perfect, new, clean, they offer free flat dollies to move your things in, video surveillance, and the places has sprinklers. We're not usually so picky but we have that old flexsteel couch we had custom made for our house that Mary loves, so quality storage it is!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Azusateach » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:26 am

IrishIroamed wrote:Mornin ladies ~~~
Not much on the agenda today. Doctor appointment and going to pick up TT which has been in the shop since last week. Will have to go back again for drawer slide replacement part. Really? The factory is less than an hour away! It is what it is.

Good morning!

If you're talking about the plastic part that holds the drawer onto the rail, those can be found in any big box hardware stores, and more likely, a good, small hardware place like Ace. One of ours broke on our second trip out. We got 2-3 to keep on hand. They're not hard to replace -- just pay attention to how the broken one comes off, and you'll be fine.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am

Good Morning from Keystone, SD! Rain this morning, and I love it! Yes, love the rain. Visited with Beth, Vicky & Dave. Said HI to Linda as she was working.
I am going to stay here a few days to get some house cleaning and clothes washing done. Going to also take a walk along the Main Street and do some gawking at all the junk for sale. No plans to buy anything tho.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Queen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 am

I forgot to mention it the other day, but I had lunch with my brother and he offered to let us use his address while we're trying to sell the condo in FL. This saves us a ton of money on new plates/title/drivers licenses/and FL vehicle insurance!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

Now what is right. There is another storm in the Atlantic. I sure hope we don't have to go through this again. The pasture has drained some. Probably because there isn't a 40 mph South wind. I bet the nursing home doesn't take down the Aqua Dam until we see where the new storm is going. It is taking up half of one of the parking lots so it is hard to get a parking place. It's not suppose to rain today but then it starts up again. Sure wish we could send this water to places that need it. I wonder if the cruise ships that were stranded in the Gulf have landed. I don't know what the people that sailed out of Galveston are going to do. If they left a car there it is probably flooded. And if they get back into Galveston then where do they go. I have a friend that was on a cruise ship that was trying to outrun a hurricane and they ended up off the coast of South America. The ship had to hurry up coming back. She said it was so rough that it would almost throw them out of the bed.

CC followed me outside a little while ago. He smelled something on the front porch that spooked him so much he wanted back in the house. Wish he could tell me what he smelled.

I made it to Lafayette but didn't do everything I had on my list. It was raining and I needed to get to the nursing home. Don't know what I'll do today. I feel like I'm forgetting something but don't know what.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Mickie, I sent you a long PM about putting stuff in storage. I had some stuff ruined due to moisture and boxes without tight fitting lids.

I am looking forward to heading up to the Oregon Coast next week to get out of this heat. Not horrible yet, but supposed to be 108 tomorrow. Yuck! But I guess it could be worse considering Houston and parts of Louisiana. So many people lost their homes and everything. :( Glad I live in a motorhome and can drive away from a storm.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Azusateach wrote:
IrishIroamed wrote:Mornin ladies ~~~

Good morning!

If you're talking about the plastic part that holds the drawer onto the rail, those can be found in any big box hardware stores, and more likely, a good, small hardware place like Ace. One of ours broke on our second trip out. We got 2-3 to keep on hand. They're not hard to replace -- just pay attention to how the broken one comes off, and you'll be fine.

Laura

Thanks for the idea Laura, but considering the problems I've had so far with this TT, they can pay for & install it since its all still under warranty. Plus these drawer glides are metal.

And another update on more problems..
The water heater wasn't causing the circuit breaker to pop, it was the A/C. The tech found that the factory crossed the wires in the circuit breaker, so he had to rewire 4 different things, and in the course of doing that, also found a frayed wire. The back door was definitely out of alignment, so they had to straighten that, and can't remember the rest, but they were definitely TT problems, and not 'newbie' problems. Anyone want to but a TT? I may still look when the 2018s come out, but am trying to stay positive that all the big warranty stuff has been fixed, and from here on out, it would just be regular maintenance I will have to deal with. Fingers crossed.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Cheryl, your problems are why many won't purchase new. Seems a lot of us prefer to let other people take care of the issues new rigs come with. I know I've had way more problems with my current rig, purchased new than my last, purchased used. That rigs problems were more acceptable... Coming from age.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 am

I do get the buy used idea and may do it in the future, but since I'm still new to this, with what I'm sure is more stuff to learn when I start full timing, better to have warranty until I can learn what I can and cannot fix.
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Return to Morning Coffee