Hump Day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Hump Day

Postby dpf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 am

Good Morning! Guess it’s just about time to check in. While not a lot is happening around here, it seems like I’m usually busy. We went on a camping with friends for three days a couple weeks ago and we took Bronc with us. It has been decided that we need to be in a remote area when we take him. By Sunday everyone within several camp sites from us knew him! The child does not have an inside voice nor has he ever met a stranger. My friends and I took our annual no husband-no kids get away two weeks ago. We had rented a cabin off VRBO at Lake Campbell near Brookings, SD. The cabin was gorgeous! It was decorated just like a picture in Better Homes and Garden. We stayed three days and had a great time. We met two couples the first night we’re were there and they invited us to join their friends and them for a happy hour on their pontoons in the middle of the lake on Saturday night.

Today I’m going to kidnap Bronc from daycare and bring him home to swim in the pool. I had promised him that I would take him to the pool before school started but the weather didn’t cooperate. I need to spend some one on one time with him because he’s feeling a little left out with the new baby. Friday I’m going to have both Hadley and him all day.

I’m going to be working more at the bar starting in October. Pam is having her other knee replaced and I’ll be filling in for her. Missy and I were trying to find some time to head out to the Hills to see Beth but it is starting to look pretty iffy as September is filling in quickly.

Have a good day. Prayers for Texas.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Re: Hump Day

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:58 am

We had some sun for a little while this morning. Now it's over cast and very windy. The hummingbirds are having a hard time flying into the wind. The storm must have blown in some. I am seeing 5 this morning instead of the 2 we have had all summer.

Harvey is moving off but not fast enough. Now he's flooding Beaumont and Port Arthur. Part of our pasture isn't draining off because of the South wind and because the river level is high. Hope we don't have flooding now from all the water coming down the river.

I need to pick up some papers in Lafayette but don't know that I will make it there today. I decided to cook some fresh chicken sausage in gravy and black eyed peas in the slow cooker. I'm trying to use what we have in the freezer instead of picking up plate lunches all the time. It's not often I feel like cooking.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Not looking forward for extremely hot temps over the next few days. Supposed to get up to 106 on Friday!!! I know my AC will barely make it 10-12 degrees lower. Weekend will be in pool at my son's house.

Heading out on bike for ophthalmology appointment. Going to stop at my favorite kitchen shop on the way.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Very HOT here with record breaking 111 temps Friday through weekend! Today only 98! Things status quo here. Tomorrow round 2 of chemo begins with a trip to cancer center for trial blood work, Dr visit and pick up drugs. Staying in out of heat when possible. Have a good weekend everyone. Just saw pics of Liz with "Pearl" her new ride! Yay.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Our heat is being staved off by all the heavy smoke. YUCK Visibility is very bad here, I went to town today and it was terrible. The whole state is on fire and so is Northern California so we are getting smoke from all sides.

Looking forward to having company this weekend Laura (CougarFan) is coming for the weekend so we will have a good gabfest.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:57 am

That is awful about all the fires north of here! This excessive heatwave makes it so much worse too. Luckily, no fires down here near San Diego. Everything is so brown tho. Too bad Houston can't share some of their water with us. I am sure they would love to! Feel so bad for that whole area. It will be many years for them to recover. Just read there is an area of Louisiana that was told to "get out or die!" and if they chose to stay, to write their social security number on their arms with permanent marker so their bodies could be identified later. Such a tragic situation!

I have tomorrow off but no plans yet, altho I have lots of things I need to do. Will figure it out in the morning. Will be inside stuff tho since it will be very hot again here.

Liz, enjoy your new RT and new home! It is like Christmas for you! Lol!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:47 am

Barbie, that write your name and SSN on your arm has happened several time before and in fact mayor of Houston said it in a interview before the storm hit Friday, I heard him say it on tv. It's one technique they use to try to convince the stubborn!
A new fire not far from but slightly south of the fire that started yesterday has begun to grow east of the Oroville Dam with the spillway being rebuilt. They were bringing in the VLATs ( very large air tankers) and the 747 near the end of our early news. The heavy rain caused brush to grow higher which is acting as ladder fuels right into tree tops and the 14% and lower humidity plus 100 plus temps are making it worse. Hope we get an early rain thus year. Meanwhile they do say early next week we will drop into 90's and your end if the state will be sharing some humidity and clouds with us, along with storms in Sierras, which of course may bring lightning!
Going to be a HOT weekend with Friday and Saturday at 111!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee