It's Tuesday (I think)

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Tuesday (I think)

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

Morning all! Anyone else have trouble remembering the days of the week after they retired? Heck, in FL I couldn't remember the month either since the weather never changed.

More packing here today, really ready to just be moved s we can stop living in limbo!

Hope everyone is having a good week.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: It's Tuesday (I think)

Postby asirimarco » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

Good Morning to All - from COOL Las Vegas. Well I cool is relative - only going to get to 97 today. It is 8:30 and only 81. So I'm heading out to the garage to work on soldering my stained glass window. Hopefully I'll manage to finish the front of it before it gets too warm to work.
Our community is having a produce give away this morning. It is the first time they've done it but they hope to continue it in the future. I'm going to walk up just to see what they have. It will certainly help some of the people living here.
We are going to try to take one more short trip in the RV this fall before we leave for Mexico for the winter. Want to make sure everything is working okay. But we're going to have to work it in between docs appointments and hopefully cooler weather.
Have safe travels if you are on the road.
And yes, I never know what day of the week it is. Always have to check my big paper calendar.
asirimarco

Postby MandysMom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 am

We survived his first 6 days of chemo. Worst of it was yesterday he had neck spasm which we thnk is radiation damage as they saw no sign of cancer in his neck or face in any CT recently. He hurts all over in every joint he says and being unable to take NDAIDS or Opiods, is a challenge. Doing the best I can to keep him comfortable though that is a relative term. His Lidocaine patches help some so he sleeps some. And his cannabis also helps some. I'm still making it to Curved except the days we spent at Cancer Center last week. He is up fixing his puréed breakfast this morning so I take that as a good sign. He took a Flexeril yesterday and it turned him into a jellyfish. It scared me a little. In past he has mainly taken one at night if needed so I haven't seen how they affect him. But overall, he is doing pretty well. Today we head in for a 1:45 appointment with the Dr who stretches his throat as last swallow test showed a tight area which could lead to choking. Hope he can get that done on a off chemo day. Today is a off day, but she has tomsee him then schedule procedure. The pattern will now be: 6 on 1 off 7 on then 7 off then start again. No predictable end point as it can be done indefinitely as long as there is little to no growth of the tumor or even regression of the tumor. We certainly hope for regression of the tumor in chest and abdomen and ESP reduction of fluid production. That's where our life stands now. Sure wish we were camping instead.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:57 am

yes, it is day by day Velda....or probably somedays hour by hour......Keep thinking camping. Our minds are powerful things.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Oh Velda, I so wish for you all, the only big decision was where you were going to camp. You all are always in my prayers, thanks for the update. Hopefully Mel's pain will ease soon.

It's afternoon here, Mr P and I, had visitors, a lady with two like him :D So cute, little white female, half his height and male black and white. They wagged tales and sniffed but Mr P didn't like especially the male getting closer to me. Off leash we thought they'd be fine.

Time, date and day, are all settled when I check my phone each day. I just have to remember what year :lol: :lol: I know enough people who have this problem too, so I'm not worried about me, you're ok Queen, you've just joined an elite group walking around in this world :lol: :lol: Don't worry, it'll be ok !!! :)

Rained earlier today, I was in hopes of a longer time of rain, where hopefully it wouldn't be so sultry and muggy. Mid day its not nice down here, but we had enough that it wasn't too bad for our mid day time outside.

Sue, if I do make it to Mi, I definitely will see you, thanks for renewing the invite tho.

Have some more papers to sort and throw, so best do it, and clear my table off, everything else is in its place and almost clutter free, then I look at table !! :roll:

Enjoy your day, wherever and however you spend it, just remember its the only Tuesday we have this week !!!
Stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Sorry he is having a miserable time, Velda, but hopefully he will feel better after the chemo.

I have been up and fixed myself some Crepes and my blackberry sauce. Getting ready to go outside and visit with the other forum members. Lyn is supposed to arrive today so we are looking for her. Nice and sunny, but cool here. Crazy clouds and rain pops up every late afternoon. Will take a group photo.

And yes, Mickie, retirement makes you lose all track of time! I often have to check my cell phone to tell the day and date.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Since Mary still goes to work every day, you'd think I'd have some clue... but it just dribbles right out of my head. When she retires next month, I think we're going to need a big wall calendar!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Then you have to remember what yesterday was so you know if it's Tues, Wed Etc, my cell is less trouble for me, whatever is easy, that's the road I take. With two of you, one might remember, when it was just me that's when the trouble began :lol: in more ways then time and day :roll: good luck !!
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Here you go! I need one of these too!

Velda, I sure hope all this treatment starts helping soon! Sounds so stressful for both of you!

I start back to work this afternoon. Am feeling tired this morning tho. Too much going on with the moving and getting the trailer cleaned out and put in storage yesterday! Need to start relaxing!

I went to check out a car at a dealership yesterday and when they scanned the VIN # on my car to see about the value for trading it in, it came up flagged as a branded car! The owner of the place wants to see the title. I did look at the title when I got home and there is nothing on there that indicates it is branded. So am not sure what to think. I have a friend back in MN who's husband has a dealers license and he is gonna look up my VIN # and see for himself what it says. If it is branded, there is a dealership in MN who is gonna get their a$$ sued! :twisted:

Just got off the phone with my old/new general manager (who I am not fond of) and he has me working 9 hours tomorrow! I told him I had specifically asked for no more than 6 or 7 hours per day due to my shoulder issues. He didn't get the memo. I will have to write all that down and give it to him today.
When I worked there before, there was an asian lady who had just started and I took her under my wing to help her learn the computer, etc. She was so grateful and followed me everywhere that week. When I announced I was moving back to MN, she went in the back room and cried! The next day, she came in and gave me a beautiful faux orchid in a pot. I was wondering if she was still there, and she is and is very excited to see me again!

Still haven't unloaded my car from cleaning out the last minute stuff from the trailer yesterday. Not gonna happen today either. :roll: Need to put stuff away in my room first before bringing in more stuff. Just gonna be lazy here until I have to get ready for work. :lol:

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:13 pm

This one is even better. It is listed on Amazon under dementia clocks as "Clear Clock Digital Memory Loss Calendar Day Clock With Optional Day Cycle Mode Perfect For Seniors + Impaired Vision (White)":

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015M3DYNY/re ... 0534772220

I like that it even tells you if it is morning, afternoon, or evening! Covers everything. Think I might get one.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Funny clock, Barbie! I don't know what "Branded" means about a car, but I'm guessing it's something crappy?

Velda, sure hope you get a little relief soon.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Afternoon here now. Spent most of the morning visiting with forum sisters. Sun is out with a few clouds. We had a little thunder last night and 20 raindrops LOL
Today cleaned out 2 drawers of useless stuff in here, dumped my tanks and did a little general cleanup. We are eagerly waiting for Lyn to arrive. Sandy leaves tomorrow on her journey to see the eclipse. Anne arrived last evening so we had more time to chat this morning. She has done a great job on her van, she is one clever woman (talented too).

The weather here is just fantastic very unlike most of our GTG's we have either been sweltering or freezing and wet. I have been sitting outside reading and just admiring the view and the temps.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Mickey, branded is kind of like salvaged (think condemned).

"Vehicle title branding is the use of a permanent designation on a vehicle's title, registration or permit documents to indicate that a vehicle has been written off due to collision, fire or flood damage or has been sold for scrap.
The designation or brand is mandatory in most provinces and states in North America when an insurer or vehicle owner writes off a vehicle as a "total loss". Typically this means the cost to repair the vehicle would equal or exceed the car's value..."

If this is the case, it means I got totally screwed. :twisted: (still waiting to hear back from my friend's husband on what he finds from the VIN info). If I hadn't seen what this guy pulled up on his screen, I would think he was full of BS but it had all the info on my Jeep and when/where I bought it, etc. Plus, in red, was "this vehicle has been branded..." and "the mileage on this vehicle is not accurate...".
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Guess that explains all it's various issues. Should make for a lovely payday from the selling dealer!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby dpf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Barbie, Did you buy from a independent dealer or was it from a dealership such as Ford, GMC, Chevy?
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Next

Return to Morning Coffee