Getting Caught Up Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Getting Caught Up Friday

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 am

Continuing to get caught up on my to do list from not being home for almost three month. The laundry is about done, the dogs groomed and bathed complete with nails dremeled down, car emptied and cleaned inside and out......you get the idea. The list continues and will for awhile. Busy also making arrangements for boarding the dogs while I head off in September for my son's wedding back in NY and well, there are some upcoming dog shows that have Josef's name written all over them. Wait, I hear Lark reminding me I need to take her for a walk some where. She likes this running off leash in the 3/4 acre fenced yard but has been growing up for the past three months with multiple daily walks and seems to be missing them!

Finds some greatness in your day out there! Travel lightly and may you find what you are seeking.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Getting Caught Up Friday

Postby Queen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 am

Morning all!

Love that closing line, Tina, beautifully said.

Not much doing here today, recovering from a small procedure yesterday so a quiet day around the apartment for me.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 am

Good morning
I'm finally making some headway on the overgrowth of weeds, shrubs, and lawn here. I can't get over how fast stuff grows here. The lawn has grown over the cement by a good 10 inches. The ax tends to work good for trimming that back down. Soon as finish with that edging I'll have to get the lawn mower out. I told dad he waters too much, it just makes it grow, haha haha!
I did get quite a bit done yesterday though. Cleaned up his shop, and its now safe to walk around without tripping over cords and hoses. Put a new air filter in the furnace, something easily done but he doesn't have the strength to open the little door.
Today I guess I'll run the vacuum, his vacuum is self propelled and he has no problem doing it but he doesn't. The cat hairs build up as much as dog hair. His cat is a long haired puffball, hence the name Puffy. And Puffy sure keeps an eye on Maggie, stalks her many times so Maggie has learned to stay on the sofa. Funny sight yesterday when Maggie ran in the house and was all eager to jump on dads lap but promptly put on the brakes to a screeching halt when she saw Puffy was already taking up dads lap! Lol
Y'all have a great day, be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 am

I don't know how my cats aren't bald because my Rumba picks up so much hair every time I run it.

It looks like it's going to rain again. Just what we need, more water. It just makes the grass grow faster and the yard too wet to mow. It's a good thing we have someone that put some cows in the pasture or that would be over our heads. One of our neighbors had to move his cows because the daughter of the man that owns the land decided to raise the land rent. I'm afraid she doesn't have a clue how much pasture rent should be. Having to mow pastures is work and not cheap if you have to have someone do it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

Right now, I have a big bruise on the point of my chin.

I was making a bungee cord to a specific length, and the cord was so slippery that it wouldn't take a knot. So I was using pliers to pull from one end. The darned things slipped loose and flew back into my chin! It Charlie Chaplin had done it, it would be really funny. Actually, now that I'm done sulking, it is kind of funny!

Inanimate objects have it in for me this summer. Paul says that if the bruise embarrasses me, I should wear an ancient Egyptian false beard. Like Hatshepsut! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Slept in late so got a late start on packing up the camper. Got my bathroom and bedding stuff packed up. Am washing clothes so I can move clean clothes instead of dirty ones. Will come back for another load of stuff later today, mostly kitchen stuff.

Lola knows something is up. She did finally come out of hiding tho. My laundry timer just went off so I need to get that all folded and packed up.

Have a great day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Today was day 3 of Mels chemo. He is ok except for the already existing pain from pressure and tumor in right chest. all day Wednesday , half day yesterday with a total of about 14 blood draws in 3 days! No wonder he's tired! Now he takes chemo at home as scheduled until we go back for labs and a Dr visit Wednesday. A Chest biopsy the week of 20th will show if tumor is responding yet. Hope so but it's early.
Have a good weekend all. I'm making "Big Mac in a bowl" for supper!
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee