Off and Running Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Off and Running Thursday

Postby Colliemom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 am

Morning all, cloudy, cool and chance of showers today. Birdie and her friend arrived late yesterday after a long drive, and we are off to Mackinac Island today. I made dinner of sloppy joes, sweet corn, fresh sliced tomatoes and blueberry cobbler. After we ate, talked for a bit, it was off for a shower and la la land for them.

Barbie, you sound like a happy camper. Martha, Judy might be right, check into hospice. CArol, if you don't know where to head to, just point that MH north and keep coming. Birdie will be here for awhile. Guess it's time to se what's going on and figure out what time to leave. Gonna have to pack the rain gear, but what the heck. Have a good day everyone.
Last edited by Colliemom on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Off and Running Thursday

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:40 am

Good morning Sue and all... sounds like you're going to have a good time with your company even if it does rain... we are out of this Campground this morning going to try and find a place to do laundry and also place to give Pheebe a bath... send later this afternoon will go visit my son they're getting ready for a yard sale maybe I'll have some stuff in them to sell and they can have the money... I did notice that packing up last night I have more room then when I start it I guess I should have I drop stuff at my daughters and I drop stuff at my son's but they wanted some things of their grandfathers so more room makes it more comfortable for living in small spaces... hope to Boondock in my son's driveway tonight then work my way to Greenville tomorrow my old neighborhood is having a whole neighborhood yard sale I want to go not necessarily to buy anything but to visit with old neighbors so that's it so far...B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Queen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 am

Morning all!

Sue - I want to come to your house to eat, that sounds fantastic! :D

Donna - that yardsale sounds fun, nice way to see everyone at once.

Heading to the doctor again today, hope this round of stuff is almost over, I need to get busy packing again. Hope everyone has a great day.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:48 am

Good morning all.

Sue have a great day at the Island. Will it be a rough boat ride over to there?

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby JudyJB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Just got back from grocery shopping in Susanville. I am going to post this in GTG area, but just in case:

- To get to Merrill Campground, most people come from the south on 44 and then turn north onto Eagle Lake Rd. My GPS shows the campground only about a mile down the road--WRONG! That is the ranger station. Campground is another 8-9 miles.
- Eagle Lake road is very curvy, BUT speed limit is only 35 MPH and there is very little traffic. It is a nice, paved road with double yellow lines down the middle the entire way. Just take it easy and you should have no problems getting here.

Not a whole lot in Susanville, but there is a Walmart without groceries and a Safeway, plus a handful of other grocery stores. Several gas stations and restaurants, including a McDonalds with two RV parking spaces. I am back at campground, enjoying the pleasant air and sunshine. Clouds seems to build up every evening and we have rain then. This is the end of the Sierras, and it reminds me of the late afternoon rain we had in Colorado when I was camped near mountains.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Busy day! Am wiped out! :roll:

Picked up the UHaul van this morning and then went to where my POD was stored. I forgot to bring the keys for the locks I put on it but they offered to cut them off for me so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Escondido to get them, so that's what we did. Got my stuff all loaded into the van and brought it to the house and unloaded it all. Then returned the van, ate lunch and went to check on the storage place for my trailer. Got that all signed up for so will move that on Monday morning. $85/mo for inside storage and only a couple miles from where I will be living!

Then went back to the house to unpack a few things. Didn't get much done tho since I was really tired and had a splitting headache (I think from getting dehydrated).

Tomorrow, will pack up my stuff in the trailer and head back to the house with Lola and start getting my room, bathroom and kitchen stuff organized.

I think I will like it there. The room is bright and sunny and clean, the bathroom is huge with lots of storage and the kitchen is neat and tidy and I have tons of cupboard and cabinet space for my stuff (unlike most places I have rented in the past).

I will eventually look for a place to buy but for now this should work out good. It is a great location too. I will watch for anything that pops up for sale there too in case I see something I like.

Hope you all had a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Azusateach » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:I think I will like it there. The room is bright and sunny and clean, the bathroom is huge with lots of storage and the kitchen is neat and tidy and I have tons of cupboard and cabinet space for my stuff (unlike most places I have rented in the past).

I will eventually look for a place to buy but for now this should work out good. It is a great location too. I will watch for anything that pops up for sale there too in case I see something I like.

Barbie, where is the park you're staying in? What's its name?
Azusateach

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:53 pm

It is called "The Woods" in Mira Mesa right on Black Mountain Rd.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee