Sunshine Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunshine Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 am

Morning all. Sun shining this morning here. Going to be a nice day. Sure can tell fall is coming, as day's are getting shorter and nights are getting cooler. But no complaints on the weather here. Perfect. Hope it holds for next couple days as Birdie and her friend are arriving today and we have some places to see before her friend has to leave this weekend.

So it's off to Farmers market, bank and store for me tnis morning. Picking up some fresh veggies and a few things for dinner tonight. Watching the news and not liking what I see with North Korea, but nothing we can do, but let the govt. hash it out.

So time to get ready to head to market. Y'all have a nice day. Keep safe on the roads and enjoy what's left of summer.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunshine Wednesday

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 am

Morning Sue, and all to come!

Feeling chilly here too, I'm enjoying it but I'm not ready for winter yet!!

Barbie - a BIG congrats on getting the room and the job, very happy for you. We're eyeballing Casitas too so let me know if you're looking used (we are not) and I'll pass along any I hear of in your area.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:19 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Sure would appreciate some of your weather, Sue !! Sounds wonderful to me, I'm in Fl, need I say more ? :roll: I'm in CG that my sis has her camper parked in, we've spent several days out here and it's been sooooo nice. Have to leave this morning, have an early appointment tomorrow to get recalls fixed and and need to be closer then we are here to get there on time. I've cleaned but so much to do yet, you know when you're cleaning you find more and more that needs to be done, well I did that :lol: I will be working at it for awhile I think.

Friday I leave but not sure where :lol: several things I'd like to do or go but haven't decided which yet. Hmmmmm. I am thinking I don't want to go to NC until fall, just before I return here for winter. But we'll see. My sis will be leaving for Ohio, she has a grandson getting married up there, so I have to move on too :D . I've been sooooo hot all summer and I need some place cooler.

Sue, two years already you've been in that house?? Oh my, where did the time go ?? Sounds like you've about got it like you want it. Such an ambitious and capable person you are !! Hopefully I'll get to see all your handy work one day.

Need to get moving have to dump and don't want it hotter then it is already. Ugh !!!

Have a good day and please Stay Safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 am

Mornin ladies & all who follow...

Just sitting in the backyard drinking coffee and watching the dogs roam around. Punkin is mesmerized by the squirrerls & chipmunks, since we didn't have those at the house.

Chiropractor today, picking up Rx for both Zorro & me, getting a propane refill and bringing dry-goods to Colt for the 2 1/2 week trip that starts tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies and stay safe on the roads where-ever you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby avalen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am

Good morning,
Just a quick hello, dad wants to go get a haircut and a little shopping. He'll leave without me if I'm not
ready. He always did, once as a child he left me at the grocery store,, I had to walk home, hahaha.
I'm loving this weather, y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

CArol, you sure get around and now you're back in Florida. Hope you can get your motorhome fixed this time.

It is raining here again. For a while it was raining so hard I couldn't see past the pond.

We had a rough day yesterday with Harold getting up at 5 am to go work cattle with a neighbor that has been dead for 2 years. He had started that the day before and woke up still on that kick. I don't know where he gets the energy to go all day from door to door and all over the house trying to get out. He is in slow motion this morning but that cold change in an instant. None of the local nursing homes have an opening and I'm about to the point of calling one in Lafayette which is 30 miles away.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 am

I'm so sorry you're going through this Martha, it's not only exhausting, it's heartbreaking to boot. Hope you get a break soon!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Very quiet in camp now with all the kids gone. Many campsites are empty which is a strange thing as this camp ground is always full in August. Beautiful day here too!
Martha, my heart goes out to you. I know you are struggling.
Barbie, glad you are getting settled in, kinda.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 pm

A heavy but brief rain here at Merrill campground. High today is only 82, and it is lower than that now after it started raining, so we are lucky in terms of not having hot weather.

Martha, this might sound strange, but have you enrolled him in hospice? I always thought you had to have physical things that made you near death, but that is not true. I enrolled my mother in hospice, and they were very helpful with getting her into a nursing home. You also might talk to your doctor and see if he could be hospitalized for evaluation or something so Medicare will pay for the nursing home and he would be easier to get in. I sympathize with you, as I went through this with my mother about 12 years ago.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Sitting here listening to Galveston by Glen Campbell, remembering my dad during his last tour, of four, in Vietnam. I miss my dad, and have such memories of those days... I realize what I different life I've lived from my non-military friends, long time ago but fresh in my memory.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Had some very disturbing dreams the past two nights. :shock: Not sure what that is all about. Maybe just from all the stress I have been under. Hope that doesn't continue. :(

I met with my new roommate this morning to finish up some paperwork. Turns out she adopted a baby many years ago and had a fully open adoption with his birthmom. Unfortunately, her son passed away when he was 7 from a rare illness. We do have quite a bit in common including political and spiritual beliefs. So this should hopefully work out good for awhile.

I then drove to Carlsbad and up to Oceanside and had breakfast and walked along the beach. Was planning to go up to Newport Beach but decided to just go back and explore Carlsbad since it was already almost noon and I wanted to get back to the trailer early enough to call around for a place to store the trailer next week.

I found a shop in Carlsbad called "Back To Cali, Livin' The Dream"! Now how cool is that?? I got a T-shirt from there that says the same thing. Just as I was heading back to my car they were setting up their weekly farmers market on the main street. What I saw of it looked really good! Lots of great looking fruits and veggies, etc. I didn't buy any of that but did buy some homemade cheesecake in three different flavors! I will definitely go back on another Wednesday when I have more time to look around and buy some of the produce.

I did find a place close to my new home to store my camper. $85/mo so not too bad. Will stop there tomorrow to get it arranged. I will be real close to there anyways since it is just down the street from where my storage POD is and I will be cleaning that out tomorrow. Hoping to get all moved in by the end of the day on Friday. Then will have the weekend to get organized there before I start working on Tuesday.

It is all coming together! I am finally a happy camper! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee