cloudy Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

cloudy Tuesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 am

Good morning gals! :D
Looks a little overcast this morning here. Gotta take Lola in for her vaccinations shortly and then not sure what I will do the rest of the day. Will just be waiting to hear about the room for rent. I do need to find another place to move my POD stuff this week. Most of it will go to where ever I will be living but some will need to stay in storage for now. Need to just find a smaller and cheaper place to store it tho.

Might be a good day to cruise up the coast since the sun isn't out. Maybe less people wanting to go to the beaches today.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: cloudy Tuesday

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 am

Good morning, Barbie! Sounds like a fun day.

Doing a little packing here, and experimenting with making quinoa, yummy stuff.

Managed to score a beachfront reservation at Gamble Rogers State Park in FL for a couple of nights in November. Really looking forward to it.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Colliemom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 am

And I managed to score two campsites at Indian Lake State Park for Birdie and I for next week. We're not side by side, but not too far away. At least I got them as park is full. Looking forward to their arrival tomorrow. Let the fun begin! :D

Done with painting for now. Just need to do the deck and repair the shed doors and things will be all done here. After two summers of outside work, etc., I am happy to say this place is back up to where it should be, after a few years of not being taken care of too much. So next year on out, it will just be routine maintenance. Can now tnink about flowerbeds. Fun stuff.

Barbie, glad you made it to CA. Best wishes on this next chapter in your life. Mickie, same goes to you and Mary. Hope you get a camper too.

Well, lunch is ready and the grass is calling for a mowing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Queen, you will love Gamble Rogers. Two things: there is a good restaurant within walking distance just north of the state park, and check out the Friday and Saturday morning farmers markets in Flagler Beach, just down the road.

Also, if you like to bike ride, you can head north riding on the sidewalk because A!A is much too dangerous to ride on. Turn right on High Bridge Road, go over the bridge and then follow the road for a mile or so. Finally turn right when it dead ends and then left on John Anderson Highway, except it isn't much of a highway, but it goes past some pretty countryside and old homes. It will take you north to Highway 100. Turn right, cross the big bridge, and you are back in Flagler Beach.

Another nice day here at Eagle Lake. High is supposed to be low 80s all week. I have windows open now and it is noon. I rode down to the marina yesterday and found a laundromat and camp store. They only have the basics, but they do have a few things like milk and bread. Very nice bike trail and I rode 5 miles without seeing another human being, other than at the marina.

Last night I made a list of the maybe 12 little maintenance things I need to do today. My first was backing up this laptop and transfering stuff to my backup laptop.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Judy - my folks camped there all the time and loved it! I've been with them a lot, and we love driving up to Snack Jacks just north of the park, best fish tacos on the planet. Thanks for the bicycling tips, we'll be sure to bring our bikes.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 pm

I got OK'd to live at the mobile home park and I will be moving in on Thursday. Got a U-Haul van reserved to unload my POD and bring that all to the house. I may still have to rent a small storage locker for some of it but will see how much fits in my room first. It is a large master bedroom with a super large bathroom and walk in closet. One of the things I asked about first was how much space I get in the kitchen for my stuff. A whole ton more than the previous places I have lived! Yay! The bedrooms are on opposite sides of the living room so lots of privacy. Nice little back yard with lots of plants. It is a double wide mobile home but not very old so is spacious and modern. The park has mostly newer homes and is kept very nice and clean. I might even look for a place of my own there as they come up for sale. So far, I have only seen one for sale while I was there.

I might be able to store the trailer there if they have space. Will know tomorrow for sure. Only $15 per month. I plan to clean it up and sell it tho fairly soon and then look around for something smaller like a Scamp or Casita.

I also start working next Tuesday, altho not at the shop I wanted, but it is just temporary for a month or so. It is one of the shops I worked at before too, but not too far from where I will be living. Will be good to start getting a paycheck again tho. I start at San Diego's minimum wage of $11.50/hour. That will go up to $12.50 in January. Quite a bit more than I have been getting paid. Hopefully, tips will be decent too.

Think I will drive up the coast tomorrow morning since it looks like I will be busy the next several days after that with moving. Weekends are not a good time to go to the beaches either.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Things seem to be really looking up for you Barbie. You deserve it. Welcome back to California!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Azusateach » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I might be able to store the trailer there if they have space. Will know tomorrow for sure. Only $15 per month. I plan to clean it up and sell it tho fairly soon and then look around for something smaller like a Scamp or Casita.

Barbie, why do you want a smaller trailer? Yours isn't very large now, and going with a Scamp or Casita will give you no dedicated sitting space. You'd have to tear down your bed every day to have a place to eat and relax, and then put the bed back together when you want to go to sleep. You had that pop-up, and determined that that was too much work. Small rigs require more rearranging (and hence, work) simply because they don't have separate living areas.

On edit: Have you ever thought of living in your trailer? You'd have your own space, and it could easily be less expensive than renting a room and having to deal with other personalities. Just a thought ...
Last edited by Azusateach on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azusateach

Postby Pooker » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 am

Rough trip, Barbie, but you made it back! Hope the mobilehome room, bath, etc. work out great for you. Sounds nice. Send some of those nice ocean breezes this way, please.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Return to Morning Coffee