Monday, oh well

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday, oh well

Postby Queen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 am

Morning all, really looking forward to Mary's retirement so Mondays won't mean anything anymore! :D

Hope everyone had a super weekend. We spent time packing and camper discussing (fun!).
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: Monday, oh well

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:24 am

Good Morning, all the little kids and their parents are now gone from camp. Just 7 of us adults are left. It's been so much fun. Sun is out but not too warm.
Lots of news on the forum! Am enjoying reading everyone's posts.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Sunny but chilly here at Merrill Campground, at almost noon. In fact, I still have my little electric heater going. It has finally warmed up outside to 72, so need to turn off the heater. No AC today. I think open windows will do the job.

After my very long drive yesterday, I am just relaxing today. Tomorrow I will go out for a bike ride on the bike path. Might walk down to the lake today, but got the usual sorting and organizing to do today. I feel cramped if stuff if not put away, and in a tiny space like this, you really do need to keep up with putting away and reorganizing.

Nice and quiet here also. Several RVs left, although I am sure more will arrive tonight. The last two Oregon state parks I stayed at had spaces too close together. These are more spread out.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Got my paperwork done and delivered it to the management office. Should know something by the end of the day tomorrow or maybe Wednesday hopefully. I need to bring Lola in tomorrow morning to update her shots as that is a requirement of that place too.

Then I went to Great Clips and sat and talked with the manager and got things set up to start working there next week. My old manager/friend is on family leave right now and won't be back for a month or two.

Then I drove down to La Jolla to see the ocean but got there too late and no place to park so I drove up to Encinitas and stopped at the Self-Realization Shrine meditation gardens. It is an unbelievably beautiful garden with flowers and plants everywhere and ponds and waterfalls and it is all overlooking the ocean! I love going there! So peaceful and serene! Later, stopped at Moonlight beach and walked up and down the beach with the waves washing over my feet! It was awesome! This is why I love California!

I think one day this week I will go from Oceanside up the coast to Laguna Beach. Need to go early to avoid the crowds tho.

Lyn, glad you had a good time with your family and all the kids. We will have to get together again when you get back to San Diego.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee