Sunday morning with clouds

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday morning with clouds

Postby Redetotry » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:38 am

Good Morning, My kind of day, overcast and cool! I did go to the dog show yesterday just as the Standard Poodles were showing :) I saw one that really took my eye as she was very calm and kept kissing the owner. Told DH I was going to the rest room and dashed over to talk to the owner. Turns out she is located about 25 miles from me! ACK ! The dog I liked is going to be bred next spring and already has only two more options to reserve a puppy. I really don't want a puppy but would love to have an older dog, and no the one I noticed was not for sale...She reminded me so much of my first Standard it was amazing. I did tell DH where I had been and he said I thought that was where. you were going. He had also noticed the resemblance. We got there too late to see the Havanese.
I think he would like another but neither of us feel up to another puppy.
I hope Barbie makes it the rest of the way without any more issues!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Sunday morning with clouds

Postby Birdie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:01 am

Beautiful sunny but cool day here near Niagara Falls. Only 62* now and high predicted of 75* with no rain! Will do some sightseeing today. My friend, the other Nancy, flies in today. So looking forward to playing here and in MI with her. Hope you all have a great day. Be safe on the road.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby carolb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:18 am

Gmorning BJ & Birdie & all to follow:)

Yes, cooooool here! So we had about a week of summer--hope that's not all we get. BJ, will be in MO for eclipse, at bro's, which will be right in the path for good viewing. Birdie, have fun with Nancy! Saw Mr & Mrs Cardinal flitting about this a.m.:) Saw cedar wax wings when I dumped tanks the other day! My knowledge of birds has increased from nothing to at least 4-5, thanks to you:)

Mickie, nice to have you back again:) We'll be following your move back to FL, & hope all goes well. Maybe I'll get to meet you this winter in FL??

Yard work on schedule for today--perfect weather for working outside. May even need a sweatshirt this a.m.

Hope y'all are doing well! Have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Postby Queen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:32 am

Another one checking in with cool temps, it's 59 and cloudy here in Central Illinois. Not ready for fall yet!

Carolb, that would be great, we'll be at the Hardee Lakes gtg for a few days, maybe we'll see you there?

More packing today, with a break to go to the gym for a swim. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 am

Good morning to all! A beautiful day here. Penny is packed, gassed up and ready for a quick adventure. DH and I are headed to Killens Pond SP in DE to meet my parents for an overnight trip. Taking my niece and nephew to the water park there this afternoon. I love camping with them. We got adjoining sites so my nephew will be running back and forth. One of my uncles is going to visit tonight at the campfire. Haven't seen him in a long time, I'm looking forward to it.
Safe travels and enjoy the day
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Colliemom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am

Cool morning here too, but warming up. Just got back from having breakfast in town with sister of friend who used camp driveway on way to U.P. Last week. Sister is on way to join her, so stopped for night here too. Long drive from SE Michigan to Sault Ste. Marie in the U.P. For them.

Now am getting me cleaned up to go to 90th birthday party for neighbor who used to live next to my old house. Found outabout it last night as never rceived the invite. Figure it was probably sent to my old address and mail no longer being forwarded since it's been over a year since I moved. It's a surprise party.

Put first coat of paint on my garage and service door trim, window boxes, new stair railings. Will put next on on this afternoon. Deck railings are done. Changed window boxes from dark gray to white and door trim from dark blue to white.

Gotta get moving here. Have a nice day all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:23 am

Good morning,
There was a little fog this morning but it has lifted. It's still a tad overcast but not cold. Looks like it should be cold but I'm warmer when I step outside and wearing shorts! So unlike me to not be cold. Guess ill do laundry today since I didn't get it done yesterday. Pruned down one of the rhododendrons yesterday so the air conditioner could breathe. It was so high it was up in the eaves. It will grow back even more beautiful.
The squirrels really teased Maggie this morning, running around right outside the door! Lol, poor girl.
Guess I will go in and be seen. Y'all have a good day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Finally heading south to Merrill Campground. I am hoping to get out of the smoke as well. (Check my blog, down towards the bottom for pictures of smoke from forest fires, in central Oregon and father north.) I tried to open my window a few minutes ago and started coughing from it. Supposed to be cooler down there, also. Yea.

Not much going on as I have been staying inside with AC and better air! Looking forward to seeing some of you at Eagle Lake.

And, Sue, we need some photos of your finished projects!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 pm

It's actually kind of cool here for us in August. It's 86 this morning. I heard some thunder so we may be in for more rain. It was storming in town when I went yesterday.

I got to sleep all night so thankful for small favors.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Still morning here in Keystone. I've been puttering around. Went into the store for a couple hours and puttered there, too. Will go back later this afternoon, too. But, so far, this Sturgis is a dud. :x Peaches is happy cuz I'm getting to spend some time with her. Let's hope we have a good Labor Day weekend.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Bethers wrote:Still morning here in Keystone. I've been puttering around. Went into the store for a couple hours and puttered there, too. Will go back later this afternoon, too. But, so far, this Sturgis is a dud. :x Peaches is happy cuz I'm getting to spend some time with her. Let's hope we have a good Labor Day weekend.

Bikeweek in Daytona was a dud last year too, wonder what's up with that?
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:56 pm

I think the regulars are getting older. And we had the 75th two years ago, so they might have made that their last hurrah, here anyway. Just a guess.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Bethers wrote:I think the regulars are getting older. And we had the 75th two years ago, so they might have made that their last hurrah, here anyway. Just a guess.

I think that's it, at Bikeweek it's a sea of gray hair and beards, only a handful of younger folks.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby dpf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 pm

There sure isn't much bike traffic past our house this year. What bikers we do see are traveling is smaller groups too. Haven't seen a convoy of 25-30 bikers. Haven't even heard of any of the locals going. I've noticed that our younger locals tend to have trends in toys and weekend activities from year to year. They fluctuate between golf, camping, boating, ATVs, and motorcycles.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:31 pm

I MADE IT!!! Yahoo!!

I am at a nice rv park in Escondido for a week. Guys here were impressed that I backed into my (very narrow) site with no problem! It seems to come naturally for me, I guess.
I am right next to the office, laundry and pool. Very pretty here with lots of blooming plants and trees! Smells so good! I love California! So happy to finally be here! :D

Will be meeting that lady with the room for rent in a couple hours. Hoping that works out. After that, I will head down to one of the beaches and get my ocean fix! Then dinner, Walmart, and back to camp. I think I will sleep good tonight! No more long, nerve-wracking drives!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Morning Coffee