Happy Saturday morning!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Happy Saturday morning!

Postby Queen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 am

Hope everyone has fun plans for today!

We've got haircuts, packing, and maybe a little relaxing later on. Wonder if Mary would notice if I just threw the filled boxes in the dumpster (we need less stuff!)?? :P
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: Happy Saturday morning!

Postby Cudedog » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:05 am

Probably not. :lol:
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby elkriverrats » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 am

HaHa Queen! Probably not until something is needed, by then its too late :) My hubby and I are both guilty of pulling this trick on each other when we get into major cleanout mode!
Good Morning to all! Lazy this morning, we went to a balloon festival last night and the wind laid down enough for the balloons to go up and glow at sunset. I loved it! My third attempt at a balloon fest and its been too windy to see them go up. My phone took a crap with my pics on there. Hopefully a helpful tech will be able to get my info off the phone (sarcasm).
Our project for today is to somehow get rid of a nest of ground bees that one of my pups stepped in yesterday. That was 15 minutes of chaos! He got stung for sure and I swatted so many bees off him. I was really worried, but he seemed to have no ill effects. I gave him some benedryl on the vet's instruction just in case. If anyone has any advice on getting rid of these bees, I'd love to hear it! I saw online that you can cover the site with a weighted tarp but the page was short on details.
And yikes, I am looking at pictures online, they might be yellow jackets...
Enjoy the day everyone!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Queen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:08 am

Holy cow, Kelly, that's scary!!

Hey, is anyone on the FB group? I was before I shut off my FB account a few months ago; I'm back on now and I asked to rejoin, answered the questions, but never heard back... are they all out on the road so it takes a while??
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 am

It was 55 degrees here this morning they were talking about possible record lows on the news last night. I don't know if it is a record but sure felt wonderful!
Thought I would pass this on for anyone thinking of heading this way for the Eclipse. I just heard yesterday and it sounded like recent news that hey have opened up the DuQuoin fairground camping sights which is about 20 miles from epicenter, here is a link .http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/il ... airgrounds

There is another in Sparta, IL that is huge here is a link for reservations. It is farther maybe 35 miles but should be a good spot as none or not many trees. https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/ ... kId=457451

Carolb if you want to get closer check this out. If you don't come for the big day and plan to be near let me know. I don't know anyone else who was wanting to come but maybe this will help if you get the urge!

I had to laugh sort of yesterday as my brother asked where I had been in my newer RV, DH piped up and said Kamper Supply!... well that and now the place that put in the new motor battery :roll: :roll: :roll: It found it wouldn't start yesterday, but when I turned my house battery on, a light in the coach came on. If the battery isn't defective I'm guessing when they put the new house battery right before I bought it they wired it wrong. I did wonder when shortly after I bought it the motor battery died and it had been checked when the other battery was purchased and was said to be good. I didn't think of the wiring part at that time as the battery was original and the van is 5 years old. Having battery checked today to see if defective as the first step. :(

AKC dog show nearby today and tomorrow, almost afraid to go, I don't wnat to place myself in temptation as my resistance is low. :)
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby gingerK » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Queen wrote:Holy cow, Kelly, that's scary!!

Hey, is anyone on the FB group? I was before I shut off my FB account a few months ago; I'm back on now and I asked to rejoin, answered the questions, but never heard back... are they all out on the road so it takes a while??

Mickie, if you're referring to the Women Who RV FB group, send me a pm. I am an admin there.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MandysMom » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Update: next Wednesday is day one for chemo for Mel with all day at UCD having blood drawn before and every hour after the two drugs a half hour apart. Will be a interesting day. Looking for syuff to entertain us both between blood draws. So glad I have my Kindle.
Had a fun conversation with my Minnesota son this morning as he plays catch up from a week long fishing and back packing trip with his wife and my 7 and 9 year old grandchildren. Said he has worked till 9 each night catching up. So glad he did Boy Scouts as a youngster since Mel could not take them and I was caretaker for my Mom 6 of their growing up years.
Have a good weekend all.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:38 pm

I made it to Barstow and at a nice little campground here.

I didn't unhitch since I will be leaving in the morning for Escondido but did put down my support jacks because it is so very windy here and the trailer was rocking. :shock:

I think all this stress is finally catching up with me. I feel really nervous and anxious tonight. Just can't seem to settle down. Might be a good time to take out my Baileys and have a few sips! A walk would probably help but it is still so dang hot out, over 100* yet. I hate this heat! Will be so much nicer in SoCal!

Should get to the Escondido campground by noon tomorrow and get settled in. It isn't cheap but is the only place I could find for a whole week (and more if needed).

I am meeting with a lady tomorrow afternoon in Mira Mesa who has a master bed/bath for rent, month to month, in her house. She has no pets but Lola would be welcome. It is in a 55+ community. It is only a mile from the shop I will be working at. She seems very nice and we have quite a bit in common so am hoping our meeting goes well. The rent is reasonable and I can look for a place to buy while living there. Don't want to rush into buying something until I find the right place.

Also have to get my stuff out of the POD that I had shipped out here. It is expensive to keep it in storage there, so I either need to find a cheaper storage facility or move it to where ever I will be living. Will figure all that out next week.

Velda, I hope everything goes well for Mel and his new treatment!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:26 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I made it to Barstow and at a nice little campground here.

I didn't unhitch since I will be leaving in the morning for Escondido but did put down my support jacks because it is so very windy here and the trailer was rocking. :shock:

I think all this stress is finally catching up with me. I feel really nervous and anxious tonight. Just can't seem to settle down. Might be a good time to take out my Baileys and have a few sips! A walk would probably help but it is still so dang hot out, over 100* yet. I hate this heat! Will be so much nicer in SoCal!

Should get to the Escondido campground by noon tomorrow and get settled in. It isn't cheap but is the only place I could find for a whole week (and more if needed).

I am meeting with a lady tomorrow afternoon in Mira Mesa who has a master bed/bath for rent, month to month, in her house. She has no pets but Lola would be welcome. It is in a 55+ community. It is only a mile from the shop I will be working at. She seems very nice and we have quite a bit in common so am hoping our meeting goes well. The rent is reasonable and I can look for a place to buy while living there. Don't want to rush into buying something until I find the right place.

Also have to get my stuff out of the POD that I had shipped out here. It is expensive to keep it in storage there, so I either need to find a cheaper storage facility or move it to where ever I will be living. Will figure all that out next week.

Velda, I hope everything goes well for Mel and his new treatment!

Barbie, Have you checked out places on the coast? Escondido is a bit away and I think it gets pretty warm, well not like where you are now but a lot warmer than nearer the coast. It's been several years but I loved Encinitas, Del Mar and Cardiff were also lovely. THere was just something about Encinitas though that I loved with all the little outdoor places to eat that were waling distance. It may be way different though now and super $$$$.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 am

I love Encinitas and that area but places there are way out of my price range. I know it gets warmer as you go inland but as long as you stay west of the I-15, it isn't too bad. Anything on the east side of the freeway seems to get 10-15 degrees hotter. When I lived in Rancho Penasquitos I was just a mile west of the 15 and it was always about 15 degrees cooler than the shop I worked at just on the other side of the 15. This house I am looking at is on the west side of the 15 so shouldn't be too bad and about 15 minutes to the beach if I need to cool off!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee