Good Morning Friday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Good Morning Friday

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:46 am

Sitting in my son's new driveway listening to the lawn care crew scoot around on their zero turn rigs and walking around trimming all the edges. They are quite efficient but the dogs don't quite understand why they can't go out and run around on the back lawn. Had a nice dinner next to the pool after watching the two boys play. Remi accidently fell in the pool in his enthusiasm watching Audrey and the boys playing. He was surprised and quickly rescued. He really isn't a good swimmer. Lark got to come over to the pool by herself had played fetch around the edge but wasn't ready to take off across the pool like Audrey does.

Sarah said that Ben should be here by 10:30 so the puppers will get a chance to romp well in a little bit. The house is neat. The original house was built in 1750 and has the add ons you would expect on a house built in that era. It has character and it own original stone fence. You know I like that. Sarah and Ben are planning to have the wedding this September in the side yard next to the garden.

Unfortunately Sarah only have a key to the back do which she found out too late was latched from the inside so I won't be able to see inside until this morning! The moving van arrives on Saturday so and the current house is filled with boxes! I am not sorry to miss that excitement. I will look forward to seeing it all put together by September....

Heading off towards the middle of PA by mid day but have already decided to pay tolls to shorten the drive. My body doesn't like long drives anymore.....

May everyone have a great day of promise big or small. Don't overlook the little miracles of joy, sometimes they are all we get in a day!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Good Morning Friday

Postby Colliemom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:05 am

Good Morning Tina and all. Made a post to open coffee, then saw you get in before I did, so am moving mine here :) Cool, wet day on forecast here, so will be a putter inside day. Looking for campsites for Birdie and I for while she's here. Mi is a very popular camping state and parks book up months in advance.

Sure would like to be painting my railngs, but not going to happen today. Did replace some old beat up trim around the service and garage doors on garage yesterday. Starting to finish up the last of exterior stuff on the buildings here. Need to replace some trim on the shed doors and that will be it. Place has been a little neglected too long by previous owners.

Barbie, hope they get the tranny fixed. That jeep is definitely not equipped to pull that trailer. Tina, safe travels to home. Son's new house sounds really nice.Hope you gals in the PNW get some relief pretty soon.

Time to get this day moving. Hope you all have a nice one.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:09 am

Good morning Tina and all... that sounds like a wonderful house up my alley for sure... looking forward to your visit if you make it this way... I'm sitting here at my campsite in my chair really with nothing to do... oh I could go clean up inside the rig and I probably will... but right now I'm thinking about my thoughts of Years Gone by when I would read blogs a full timers and they would say they were sitting out reading their book or whatever and I thought wouldn't that be nice not have anything to do... I can't wait for my turn so here it is.... and wouldn't you know I feel like I should be doing something!!.. but surely that feeling will pass with time... we did not get a storm last night like predicted but still possibilities late this afternoon and this evening... B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:14 am

That sounds like a wonderful old home and property, Tina. I wouldn't want to care for it though, but perfect for a young family. I'm with you on long drives. I plan to do a series of those to get to Florida when I leave here. (20 more days, by the way)
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am

Liz you need to get home and relax... me too about the house I love it but I don't want no big thing to take care of anymore new yards to mow ...no leaves to rake... no snow to shovel nothing...
Last edited by grammynmaggie on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammynmaggie

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:23 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Oh Tina that house sounds great for a young couple just starting out. Thinking you and the puppers will enjoy your visits there too, pool, yard to run they'll love it. Poor Remi, bet he was really startled wondering "how did this happen?".

I'm still at DDs, kids gone to party with family, moms at work and this morning I'm taking advantage of washer and dryer and the shower when I get my laundry done. Dd will be home at noon for lunch so I am trying to have that as my leaving here time too. Going to my sisters, she is up where my Freightliner fixer place is. She had errands today, so told her I'd probably be there about mid afternoon, and she'll probably be there by then too.

Today, 45 years ago was mine and George's first date, it was my fav grandmothers birthday too, so guess I'll never forget this date ever. 45, doesn't seem that long ago, I can remember it vividly, wonderful memory.

Time to get moving again here, have a great week end and Please stay safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:51 am

Good morning
Fabulous day yesterday in Astoria. Temps in Vancouver were 103, way too hot
for the folks here that aren't used to it. My brother called worried about my dad and the heat,,,,,we told him, not a problem it was 73. Lol, then we told him we were in Astoria! Its still funny! Besides, dad had a good whole house air conditioner and knows to stay out of the heat. Its nicer today and the day he runs the watering tractor on the lawn. Will hang out all day and all weekend too. Another Dr appt Monday for dad, something about pre-procedure.
I woke up this morning at 3!! Needless to say after a few hours I was ready for bed again.
Now I'm up for the second time. Will go in the house in a little while and see what mischief I can get into.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.

@Barbie, hope all goes well with your jeep, but if you trade it in, don't forget to pull your hitch off,
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Good morning all. I thought it was just me not liking the very long drives any more. LOL

Beautiful area in Astoria Ava. Did you climb all the way to the top of that tower in Astoria? I didn't but my friend did and took a picture of me and the pups so very far below waving - we looked like ants way below.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:51 pm

We didn't go to the tower, it was across the street from the maritime museum, and way up on a hill. Too far to walk and we were all getting hungry and dad still wanted to get to Ft Stevens. Its on my list for "next time"
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:11 pm

I love that museum in Astoria. We had big rain, lightening, thunder last night. Didn't cool off much tho. It is nice in the shade. Four more people arrived today, that brings us up to 26 people.
Yesterday, those up on the top of Mammoth Mtm. Had to all get into shelter as a thunder, lightening storm passed nearby. Don't want to be outside playing at 11,000 feet when that happens. They had ridden the gondola up.
Donna, don't you have a good book? I'm reading a very good book right now.
Poor Remie! So glad he was rescued right away.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Ready for bed already! I took the shuttle bus downtown today for a few hours. Did a little shopping and a lot of people watching.
Later Carol & Bill picked me up to go get my Jeep. Hoping this is the last fix for awhile! Got a new transmission cooler and filters put in ($$$).
Will be heading out tomorrow morning forBarstow and then on to Escondido on Sunday. Will be SO glad to finally be there!!!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee