Wednesday after Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday after Roll Call

Postby carolb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 am

Gmorning all:)

I imagine a "more regular" poster is opening MC as I type this, but will write anyway. Was so good to see so many for the Rabbit Roll call, which I missed--things going well for most of the forum family, not so well for a few?

So on Roll Call day, I was driving back from a short gtg with Birdie up on Lake Ontario! She'd left on Tuesday last week, & by Saturday I'd caught up with house/yard work, so I took off on Sunday to meet up with her. Lo & behold, we had beautiful weather with no rain! Maybe we'll have some summer here in NY after all? Was stunned to hear of kids starting school next week when it feels like summer just started for us :? .

Any travelers going through my area, camp driveway is open! Except for the last 2 wks of August--going for eclipse viewing. BJ, have decided to do so in MO, so won't be in So IL.

Moving slow here this a.m., best get on with my day. Y'all have a great one & have safe travels always 8-)
carolb

Re: Wednesday after Roll Call

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 am

Morning all!

I hear you about summer, it was a very cool spring/early summer, then it got blazingly hot for a couple of weeks, now it's fall and the students are starting to return to the university. Very weird, feels like the shortest summer on record.

No plans for eclipse viewing, I honestly don't even know when or where it's visible. I'm not allowed to watch anyway, with the ocular albinism, but look forward to the pics!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 am

Mornin' Carol, Mickie & all that follow ~~~

Not much happening in the Chitown burbs today. A little bored living at Dad's to tell you the truth. Wishing I was on the road now.

Mickie, are you & Mary in Urbana again? I need a day trip someplace. I'll PM you my info if you're interested.

Have a good day ladies & stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 am

Morning. Cool morning here. In the low 60's. Heading into 70's, our normal temps for here. Some rain too, which we need.
Carolb, glad you were able to get another visit with Birdie. Too bad you couldn't tag along over here.

Barbie, looking at the weights you have of Jeep and trailer, what size engine do you have? A 19ft trailer really should be pulled with a v8. What a lot of people don't understand is that, the amount a vehicle can tow, is for an empty vehicle. No people, no cargo etc. For every person you add 150 pounds and also the cargo you carry adds more, so that has to be deducted from the trailer weight. My truck has a towing capacity of 9200 pounds and my trailer fully loaded is just over 5,000 pounds. So I have plenty of leeway. You need the power on hills and mountains and a heavy duty transmission will do much better. A half ton Chevy Silverado equipped with a Trailering package, and 5.3 liter V-8 will do you fine. Can't give any info on the others as haven't had Ford or Dodge.

Cheryl, might be some roaming in the U.P. coming up. Birdie is coming up here next week. So week of 14th, we might be in U.P. exploring. No plans made as yet.

Sure was nice seeing so many posts yesterday and Mickey, glad to see you back. I too was wondering about you.

Off to the Farmers Market, so going to wish you all a nice day :D
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:08 am

No can-do Sue. I have reservations next week for 4 days with a friend and her husband, but if you think you'll still be up there somewhere the following week, let me know.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Wish I was up there to explore the UP, that was my plan, until I arrived here and found I have a recall on passenger airbag in the RV. Haven't called yet for app. will do that today. I have a foot that got poison ivy somewhere, swelled, blistered and just getting better. Needed first couple days here to just rest, which I've done. Set with foot propped for swelling which is almost gone, and on my 2nd book of romance :roll: :lol: (I am not to old for that )

Tried calling to renew perscriptions and they must be REALLY busy, was on hold for sometime, hung up and will try later. So I've really made no progress in anything this morning, I'm dressed, that's it :D

Didn't check in yesterday, too much going on here, did enjoy hearing from everyone as I read how many had before going to bed last night. That first day of month check in Sue was a great idea !, I had written day before and now after, but I'm. Not one that's lost. Queen, great seeing you post, hope you can more often, you've been missed. Sorry to hear of your weird year.

So many traveling, so many not, for those dealing with issues hopefully an end is in sight.
Enjoy your day, wherever and whatever you're doing, please Stay Safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 am

22...that's all I can say. One day at a time, sweet Jesus...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Pooker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 am

Liz - I imagine by now you are counting hours - minutes even! You sure earned your gold star!

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby avalen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

Good morning,
Lots posted yesterday, and I'm caught up. My excursion north was a pleasure.
Even though its just a two hour drive, I took my time, did some back roads and made a few stops just to look and smell the roses :-) Took an extra hour but was in time for lunch,
a good chat and then dinner. a very nice care facility. Hopefully she gets to go home on
the ninth and will be back on the transplant list. She had injured her back so they had to get her walking again.
Have plans to go to Astoria tomorrow, it will be cooler there. Heat advisories here for next few days. Probably do Seattle next week.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Birdie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Afternoon, was a nice drive from Hamlin Beach St Pk to the town of Lockport. Lots of good times camping with Carolb and her fur babies. Carol give them all an extra hug for me. Liz, I have been thinking about Thistle a lot. I hope he is doing well after his experience. Give him a big hug from me. Tell him I did a 3 day adoption of a lil ole girl but she went home with her Mom!

Niagara County Fair started today. Will look at going tomorrow. Ready to grab a bite then go meet some folks for a beer! Getting prepped for my Niagara Falls fun. Then will meet up with Sue, Colliemom, for some fun in, new to me, MI. Just planning out the calendar and September is not far off. I noticed flowers along the road last Sunday and again today. Lots of rain has them gorgeous. I saw the Alaska fire flower and these are real close to the top of the flower. That is the AK show of summers over!

You guys on the road be safe and have lots of fun! Those of you reading about us having fun during our travels: Eat your heart out with envy!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to Morning Coffee