August 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

August 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Postby Colliemom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 am

Good Morning everyone. Monthly check in day. How you all doing out there? What's new or old with you? Chime in. Always fun to read everyone's posts on this day.

Looks like some grass mowing on my agenda today. Was going to paint deck railings etc., but rain in forecast late, so think not. Like to let the paint dry a good 24 hours. Course could do the garage shutters as do them in the garage regardless of weather. Shall see. After doing nothing yesterday other than shopping and watering our HOA flowers, I'm charged up and ready for action today :D. Looking forward to seeing Birdie in a bit too. Anybody else want to come anf tour some of MI with us, get your rigs rolling.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: August 1st - Rabbits Roll Call

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:07 am

I believe I said rabbits before anything else this morning. Hope it works!

No time to say much... Need to walk Peaches and get to work. Sturgis officially starts Friday. Temps are cooling off some. Hottest summer I've been up here. At least it still cools off overnight.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:20 am

I'm still out on the road at least for another week. Currently in a COE park in eastern Connecticut. Plan on moving towards New York State tomorrow and get a brief visit in with my son and his family as they sort and pack for their move to their new to them house. The house itself is a historic number built in the mid 1700's. Josef finally got out to a couple of shows with his breeder and co-owner and did not disappoint. He picked up two Owner Handler Group 1 wins.

If Peggy in Connecticut is actually in Connecticut PM me. But I remember something about your plans to be Peggy in Canada this summer. Let me me know. One way or the other I get to drive across your wonderful state and have all day to do it!

Looking forward to getting into a few projects that are waiting for me at home these past 2 1/2 months. The dogs are looking forward to their fenced yard.

Haven't made any plans for fall or winter. There are a couple of dog shows on the horizon and my sons wedding for the first weekend after Labor Day......but the rest is currently a blank canvas waiting for me!

The variables so far seem to be the dogs, my projects and my health..... :) But each day can present its own surprises!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:21 am

Good morning Sue and Beth and all the rest of the Roll Call Peeps... right now I'm in Meadville PA Camp driveway at my son's house... enjoying my visit with them... just doing a little looking around here in the area that I haven't seen for many years like Conneaut Lake Park just doing stuff nothing too exciting... I need to empty my tanks this week and it's going to start raining probably tomorrow and it is chilly up here in the night I have no electric so I think I'll go down to Shenango COE again and spend a couple days there there's a some things I wanted to check at the cemeteries where my grandparents are buried.... and a couple other things that I need to write down when I remember them.... all for now...B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:45 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~
Forgot Rabbits again. Seems I remember it the day before but not on the day. Still at Dad's for another couple of months. Have been making phone calls inquiring on adult to progressive communities for Ma. We'll see how it goes. Will be visiting a few when cousin comes in in September, but I'm also looking at an at home visiting service since she is still some what independent. This way she can stay in her condo, but someone can be checking in on her and keeping me informed of her health.

Have a 4-day trip planned on the Mississippi in August with a friend & her hubby, a weekend in September and then the Thomson GTG in October. I hope to be on the road in October after that. Thinking of heading in some direction with initial plan of 200 - 250 miles per day, sit & sight see, then moving on. Well, you know the saying about plans...

Not much else on the agenda. Have a good day ladies & stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Irmi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:03 am

Good morning Sue, Beth, Tina, Donna, Cheryl and everyone that follows!

I did remember to say Rabbits and hope it brings a little luck this month! This coming Saturday, we are having a family reunion, which will be hosted in our yard. We have been busy doing fine tuning in the yard, flowerbeds and gazebo. It will be good seeing everyone again. We've had lots of rain this summer and this past weekend, we had a nor'easter that came through, which followed a tornado in our county, which destroyed lots of homes and downed many trees in an area just on this side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Some roads in that area are still closed because of all the damage.

Safe travels to everyone on the road!
Irmi

Postby Liz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:44 am

Checking in. 23 more days until I can get on the road again!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:48 am

Morning all, just reading through some threads and wow, lots of changes. Hope everyone is well.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:51 am

Good morning all,
I remembered rabbits!! Surprised myself with that one.
Driving up to Puyallup WA today in a rental car to visit a friend
in a care facility. She's waiting for a kidney transplant.
About time to get my morning routine done and wake up Maggie so she
can sniff the grass before her job starts of holding down the fort.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Othersharon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 am

Good morning all! I remembered to say rabbits this morning, dogs thought I was nuts! Mickie, good to see your post! I was wondering about you folks the other day! Hope things have worked out for you! Liz, hang in there. You took on a huge task, taking care of one is hard but two is really hard. Take care of yourself.

Been really cool in the mornings but temps nice during the day. Fall is in the air! I'm just not ready for it yet! Grange Fair starts in a couple of weeks and that kinda marks in end of summer for me. Then school starts right after that. I need to look to see when the university move in is so I can remember to avoid the stores in State College for a few days!

I need to get out in the yard today and mow before the predicted rain moves in. My new bed is supposed to be delivered this afternoon so I had to move furniture and such to give them a clear path. I spent alot of time making this decision so hope I made the right one! Kinda late now if I didn't! But in retrospect, it was long overdue.

Need to get busy. Have a great day and travel safe!
Othersharon

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 am

Good morning all. We have had a very hot summer here in N. Central CA but I love the beautiful blue sky!! Grand kids start school Monday - seems like their summer time went quickly.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:51 am

Good Morning! I remembered RABBITS. Probably because today is OTR day for me!!! Everything is packed in the tiny trailer except for the food that goes into the refrigerator.
It is the start of the long summer/fall trip ending at the Thomson GTG.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am

PS...Cheryl, I have no plans for after GTG...I would love you to tag along with me. Have no idea where I am going or when I will get there! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:PS...Cheryl, I have no plans for after GTG...I would love you to tag along with me. Have no idea where I am going or when I will get there! lyn

You may be sorry you said that! :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, I forgot Rabbits again and I could sure use some good luck.

Liz, I'm like you, I feel like I took on more than I bargained for. At the hospital they have shifts and I feel like my shift is almost 24/7. There are days Harold is moving in slow motion and then he flips a switch and he's the engerizer bunny. Sunday night he started in at 10 pm with the getting dressed and leaving. He was all over the house from door to door trying to get out all night long. At 5:30am he sat down in the recliner and I put it back and he slept for 2 hours. Then he was up and going all day yesterday. At 10:00 last night he passed out across the foot of the bed but would not go to bed. He was pissed at me because I told him he was home and he wasn't leaving. My son finally got him into bed and he slept all night. He's in slow motion again today and didn't want to do what the physical therapist wanted him to do. I called the nursing home yesterday and I don't know that we will even get him in this week. I don't know why it takes this long for them to get their paper work done.

He was kind of scaring my grandson last night. We only get to see my grandson for 6 weeks in the summer and I haven't been able to do anything with him. Not that a 15 year old wants to do much with his grandmother.

Ava, my son took me to the Fair in Puyallup when he was working up there. They have different Fair Food from Louisiana. Scones seemed to be the thing I saw the most of. Scones are not big in Louisiana.

I went to Walmart this morning and my car thermometer said 85. I thought that can't be right but it was 88 at home. My sister-in-law said it was 115 in Thunder Bay Sunday. I didn't know it could get that hot in Canada.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Morning Coffee