Monday,Monday just can't trust that day

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday,Monday just can't trust that day

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

I hope this morning isn't an indication of how the rest of my week is going to be as my morning didn’t get off to a good start. As I walked out the door at 6AM with Toby, a man was walking his dog by our house. Toby immediately lunged at his leash and as I was coming down steps,he threw me off balance and the leash flew out of my hand. I didn’t fall but he raced out at the dog. I thought he would bark from a distance but he attacked the dog. I was horrified. The man got ahold of Toby’s harness and pulled him away but his dog bit Toby’s ear. He ran screaming across the neighbors yard and up to our front door. I asked the guy if he and his dog were ok and did it bite Toby. He said he and his dog were ok but he thought Toby was bit on his ear. I said good, maybe it will teach him a lesson. I was amazed Toby didn’t bite the guy as he just gets so crazy, but luckily he didn’t. I almost wish the guy had been carrying a taser and had given him a good shock. He slipped his harness one time when a neighbors dog ran out at him but that time he chased it and they both ended up calling a truce. Maybe the other dog being on the leash made a difference. I’ve looked Toby over and see no sign of an injury. I will have to start letting him out in the backyard again, tick season may be winding down a little as there has been no rain here in quite awhile.
I saw on FB that Coleen (Longdog2) was in Southern Illinois I sent her a message she was close to me but she may have already moved on. Would have liked to meet her.
I hope everyone else has a better start to their day. Good to see Barbie's jeep seems to be fixed!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Monday,Monday just can't trust that day

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Yesterday, in that horrible rain I got my grands home. They are in arranging their bedrooms, big brother moved out and Laynie gets his room and her own bathroom, which her mom said she had to keep cleaned herself, some of the shine might have left the picture she visualized in her head :lol: It's rainy this morning so I'm just being lazy.

I received an urgent notice on RV to replace passenger airbag. Great after having my GD riding over there all over the country, my heart flipped. Will see about getting it fixed before leaving Fl., at my Freightliner I take it for annual service, each Feb. Freightliners in TN and Ga have quit doing my type rigs, sure hoping my Fl place hasn't.

Trying to think of where to go for couple of days to chill and CLEAN before heading out. Will have to call and make app for the fix on RV, so that will determine when I get to leave Fl.

I think my brain has already went into the chillin' stage, can't really think this morning :roll:

Hope you all have a good day, Stay Safe,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Afternoon here. Had overnight guest in camp drive way last night. Went to my RV fix it place to have her light wiring checked this morning. She had no brake lights. Some animal chomped on the wiring and broke a wire. All fixed and she's on her way. Then I heaad dcto town for some grocery shopping. Not doing much today as spent 3 hours power washing deck and the walks to house, shed and garage as well as the garage apron yesterday afternoon. Looks really good now.

BJ, glad to hear neither you nor Toby were hurt in his escape from you. Maybe he will learn a lesson. And yes, the other dog being on a leash does make a difference. Dogs have an automatic fight or flee response to dangers and being on a leash, traps them from the flight or flee response, so they turn to fight or warning mode in case like that. They are trapped by the leash from doing anything their normal instincts tell them to do. It's why a dog that will normally be friendly in other situations off leash, can sometimes be not so on a leash.

Sounds like Birdie is making MI plans. Carolb and O'Sharon, you should tag along, come see MI too. CArol, don't know where you are heading, but you might get to MI by then. Her plans are Jello, but could be anywhere from 8-9th or after 13th. If camp driveway tets too crowded, ee dan move to a park.

Birdie, I replied to your PM.

Guess I had better go water the flowers at the entrance sign, so catch ya all later.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Glad you got there safely yesterday, CArol. It looks like you are getting hammered with a tropical storm and lots more rain today. Stay safe and rest up for the next adventure!

I am counting the days...24, until I can get away from my responsibilities here. I really got more than I realized I was signing up for and am so ready to escape. I just pray my sister has regained the ability to care for herself at least, and she and the kids will insist on doing what is needed to cover the care for my bil.

So scary what happened to you and Toby, BJ. Glad there are no injuries to anyone.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Well, its not morning anymore, so I will say good afternoon
My brother and wife left this morning, it was a nice weekend visit.
My dad thinks my brother looks like he's getting poorly, I haven't
seen him enough to know. But he did have a hip replacement little
over a month ago and I think he's probably still healing from that.
We're suppose to get a few days of hot weather here so we're planning
on staying in wed and thurs. I'm renting a car this afternoon to take a
drive up to Puyallup to visit a life long friend in a care facility. Its about a
two hour drive.
Y'all enjoy your afternoon, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Had to move sites today in same campground. It has trees nearby, but I was able to get satellite. I'd rather be traveling somewhere and sightseeing, but next few days are going to be incredibly hot, so I am mostly planning on sitting it out inside. Supposed to get to be 109 in Eugene on Wednesday, but will be headed back to Bend to buy beer for my kids on my way south. Yes, it is more than slightly out of my way, but I have to have electric and cell service, and that was really hard on the spur of the moment after I cancelled my dry-camping spot. I can handle dry-camping, but NOT when it is in triple digits. Going to be hot in Bend also, but not quite as hot as Eugene.

Got a haircut this morning and she cut it awfully short, but last lady cut it way too long! It will grow out, at least, and feel cool.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:26 pm

I just arrived in St George. Tough drive today with lots of traffic and windy. Hung on to the steering wheel with both hands the whole time! Am glad to be parked for the rest of the day! It is close to 100* here so am trying to cool off the trailer. Lola is hiding behind the couch. She is not a happy camper with all the driving.

I will have to go out later and take some photos of the surrounding red rocks here. I love the red colors out here! Such a pretty area!

CArol, am glad you got the kids back safe and sound. As fun as that was to have them with you, I am sure you are ready for a break. :lol:

Don't forget to say "RABBITS!" tonight or tomorrow morning!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee