Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby Colliemom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 am

Good Morning. Beautiful sunny morning here, going to be a nice day. Wish you gals in the hot weather could be here, as our weather is pefect right now. Temps in 79's, lows in 50's.

Not sure what I will get into yet. Have a friend going to use camp driveway for a night, so she will be here later today. Heading for mas from rst, so gotta get going. Have a nice day all.

Birdie, sent you a P.M.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Othersharon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:14 am

Good morning, Sue and all to follow! I stepped outside this morning, been up since 5:30 and it was/is downright chilly! Supposed to be in the low 80s today so will be a nice day!

My "3rd son" rolled in about 3 yesterday so we had a nice visit. I even cooked! He left a bit ago to meet up with his daughter and the twins for breakfast. I'll meet up with them later for the birthday party for the girls at one of the parks. I imagine there'll be lots of little ones running around! Don't plan on staying long but at least put in an appearance!

When I get home I need to get out in the yard and pull some weeds. The ground is softer now since we had the rain so a good time do it. They sure grow fast!

Coffee is done so need to go get ready to head out. Travel safe and have a good day.
Othersharon

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 am

Morning from here on the Cape! Getting ready to pack up and turn the rig west this morning. The dogs and I have reservations at a COE park in eastern Connecticut waiting for us this afternoon. There may be more water in the near future!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:57 am

Good morning all! Looks to be a beautiful day here as well. I pulled weeds yesterday and will continue this morning. Our area has an invasive vine (we call it creeping Charlie) that will take over a lawn in no time. I've been trying to dedicate 30 min a day to it. Seems like I'm making progress but I don't know how long it will take me to get to maintaining instead of battling. I'm reseeding with grass seed as I go. I read that a healthy lawn will inhibit the vines growth. Time will tell. Hubby wants to have a bit of Sunday Funday so we plan to take our boat out later on a driftwood hunt. Our recent rains have elevated the runoff in a nearby river and there is a swimming advisory for us. Usually it does not include us but I guess it is pretty high this time.
Enjoy the day and safe travels to those on the road
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 am

Good morning
Little cool this morning but supposed to be 86 this afternoon. I'll get
more weeds done today. Brother and his wife and two dogs are here.
Maggie such a good girl showing good manners, but she sure hates the border collie next door! Lol
We still need to decide what day were going to Astoria, there are a few places there dad wants me to see and I want to see the port and the ocean :-)
It's suppose to be hot here wed and thurs, so maybe a good day for that. Ill have to check the weather for Astoria. Also planning a day up in Seattle too, I'm wanting to visit the Pike St market and get some prawn in the freezer to take home.
Ahhh, so many things to do.
I better get dressed, it will be time to make my appearance in the house soon.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:47 am

With all the chocolate birthday cake hanging around I ate a piece on Thursday and it didn't bother me. So I ate some more on Friday and Saturday. The migraine hit early this morning so have the ice bag out again. I could kick myself.

It's already 91. Yesterday we had a cold front and it was only 89. :roll: The weather men think they are funny. We could sure use some of those cooler temperatures.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:24 am

avalen wrote:We still need to decide what day were going to Astoria, there are a few places there dad wants me to see and I want to see the port and the ocean :-)
It's suppose to be hot here wed and thurs, so maybe a good day for that. Ill have to check the weather for Astoria. Also planning a day up in Seattle too, I'm wanting to visit the Pike St market and get some prawn in the freezer to take home.
Ahhh, so many things to do.

In two weeks I leave for the Eagle Lake GTG, then to ID for the eclipse. After that up to Montana and then WA. In researching what to do in WA, I've decided to go into Seattle because I've never been up in the Space Needle. Have you done that Alice? I also found that the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit is right in the same area as the Space Needle. I've heard so much in posts here on the forum by Beth and Anita regarding Chihuly I just have to see it. Online I saw you can buy tickets for the Space Needle and Chihuly together in a bundle for $29, I think.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Sunny here is Eugene, OR, today, but heating up for the coming week. I rode my bike to the grocery store yesterday in 90 degrees, and not too bad. "Only" supposed to be 91 today, but expected to be 95 tomorrow and 100 on Tuesday. I am leaving for The Cove Palisades SP near Bend, but 100 there as well. I had originally planned to head south and do some dry camping, but decided that was nuts in this weather!!! :o I want to get some chicken and rice baked today so I just have to heat up meals in microwave rest of week and weekend.

Supposed to be in upper 80s at Eagle Lake, with maybe a few days later in 90s. I am keeping my fingers crossed. A few rain sprinkles would be nice, also.

I really am bothered by the heat. I am tentatively planning on spending next summer along the Washington and Oregon coasts where it is always nice and cool.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Good afternoon gals!

I am now in Provo, UT. Tomorrow will go to St George, and then Barstow on Tuesday. Wednesday will end up in Escondido where I will stay at an RV park for a week at least. I have two job interviews with the two Great Clips shops I used to work at, one on Thursday and one on Friday. Pretty much me interviewing them to see which one I want to work at since they both are hiring.
Am so glad I am finally gonna be in SoCal! First thing I want to do is drive down to the ocean!

Half of my dad's yard was Creeping Charlie. It smells really good especially after mowing but it is very hard to get rid of. My dad finally gave up trying.

It is hot here, low 90's. It was so nice up around Yellowstone while I was there! Mid 70's is perfect!

Think I will go take a walk and check out the park here. Hope you all have a great evening!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee