Monday FunDay....

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Monday FunDay....

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:00 am

Good morning everyone... I spent the night at Walmart just above Morgantown West Virginia right off of I-79... just before the PA line... University Town Center great place to stay biggest Walmart of ever seen or ever been in... the campground I had planned I did not like the looks of and it gave me a weird feeling so that was the end of that... but I'm only 2 hours from my destination of Greenville PA... this is a really great new shopping area they have a shoe store that has Skechers shoes in it and I'm going to see if I can find a pair that might help my foot.... then they have an AC Moore craft store and I want to look in there since it's a brand new one maybe they got more stuff in that I seen at Hagerstown last week... and they have a brand new Giant Eagle grocery store... I have to be careful food-wise my refrigerator is not working on propane or 12-volt so not good for boondocking... anyway that's it for me for right now....B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Monday FunDay....

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 am

Good morning ladies
Spent the last couple days relaxing, watching tv with my dad (he loves his baseball)
and doing a few weeds now and then. He certainly is amazing how he takes care of himself, eats well for 92! Also sat down with pen in hand making notes on his side
of the family. He did however take a bit of tumble moving the wheelbarrow. Broke open
the skin on his elbow from a previous tumble. So, helped him get that cleaned up and
bandaged. Being on Coumadin and bleeding is never a good thing, and of course healing takes a long time. He goes in for a procedure called Watchman procedure to come off the Coumadin in a few weeks. I can't explain this procedure, you'll have to Google it like I did. Dermatologist appt this morning, then another Dr appt this afternoon, so no sight seeing today.
Nothing else going on right now. Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:31 am

Good Morning Everyone !! We have a short driving day today, but need to find a laundry place, (wouldn't let me write what I wanted). Ruled by spellcheck !!! Anyway were taking our time moving in here :D I'm enjoying 2nd cup of coffee, kids are playing a game peacefully and my pup is roaming around trying to find away up on my lap, spoiled baby.

Sounds like you're expecting an easy fun day too, Donna, good it's about time !! Alice, glad you're having some quality time with your Dad.

Guess I'd best get myself ready, think we'll find some place for breakfast too, maybe by the laundry :lol: I do dream don't I :lol: :lol:

Hope everyone has a good day, staying cool is the big issue, I think !!
Stay Safe, but enjoy your day,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Staying warm is our problem today! Hubby and I in Gloucester Ma until tomorrow. Weather has been beautiful and warm. Today the high is 60 and has been raining sideways. We had to ransack our truck for winter caps and gloves hidden in the bottom of the console to take our walk!! I hope my photo works. We were attempting to walk the jetty at Eastern Point lighthouse. We did not make it all the way. I'm glad we turned back, the wind and rain picked up fast. We are now snuggled in blankets watching the view of the harbor.
Be safe and enjoy the day
IMG_1927.JPG
Dang no photo. Will figure it out when I get home :?
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm

Well, at least I had one good day...

I headed into Yellowstone Park this morning and within 10 miles in, my temp gauge started going up. I turned on the heat full blast and the temp gauge started going back down. I made the decision to turn around and head back. It was only 55 degrees outside and I had only driven for 20 minutes, so there is no reason it should have started getting hot.

I have an appointment at a garage in West Yellowstone to get it looked at. There are no rental cars available today anywhere in town. I can kill a few hours in West Yellowstone while they look at it and see what is wrong now. :roll: I am ready to dump this POS Jeep! :twisted:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Barbie, They mentioned the head gasket could be bad and it very possibly is. But it could possibly be the thermostat....that would be a less expensive fix. I had a Cougar that I had to change the thermostat on it every spring and fall for warm and cold weather or it would overheat in the summer.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Ask them to put in a transmission cooler, perhaps it needs one to tow on those mountain climbs
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:18 pm

avalen wrote:Ask them to put in a transmission cooler, perhaps it needs one to tow on those mountain climbs

The Jeep has a transmission cooler. I think the problem is the engine is overheating, not the transmission. It didn't overheat while she was pulling the trailer so I agree with Pat that it could just be a thermostat or the head gasket. Also, they installed a new temperature sensor so maybe they didn't install it correctly or the new one is bad which happens from time to time.

We'll just have to see what the shop in West Yellowstone has to say.

Barbie, I think your route takes you thru Idaho Falls. You might set up camp around there and see if you can find a different vehicle. Not the best scenario, but an option. I wish I was closer and could help more.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby Azusateach » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your tow vehicle, but I have to say that Jeeps are just not reliable when it comes to towing.

I know you want to have an SUV. You're going to have to make some tough decisions. Dump the Jeep and buy something with a better track record, or keep pouring money into that Jeep. Personally, I'd get a super-crew truck, like a Ford 150. They have a loooong track record for being super tow vehicles, and they truly ride like a Chevy Suburban or Ford Expedition. They don't feel like trucks unless you outfit them with heavy-duty shocks and off-road tires.
Azusateach

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I spent the day wandering around West Yellowstone. The guys at the shop couldn't find anything wrong other than bubbles in the antifreeze (which they said was really low altho they couldn't find any leaks). I drove it back to the campground (not far) tonight and will bring it back there tomorrow morning. Yes, they are going to put in a new thermostat and see if that makes a difference.

There is a Chevy Tahoe for sale near Idaho Falls that I found on line, altho I know nothing about them...

I will probably visit the bear and wolf center tomorrow while they are working on my Jeep. I have been in every shop in town at least twice! I did go to the IMAX theater and see a film on National Parks. Might be the only way I will ever see any. (This morning I opted to buy a yearly pass for the Nat'l Parks rather than the week long one for Yellowstone. Probably one of my better decisions since I may not get to see much of Yellowstone while I am here).
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Barbie, I sent you a PM.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Barbie, I can vouch for the F150 super crew being like an SUV. Ours is a 2006, we bought it in 2008 and we have had few issues. it is roomy and comfortable in both front and back seats. We put a cap on it years back and I love that. Do wish it got better mpg but ours is 4wd and heavy so that's the trade off. We have towed a lot with it and our son used it a lot for hunting and fishing trips. Because of this, I've got a feeling there may be a transmission in our future. Even so I told hubby I would rather replace the transmission than replace the truck.
It's no fun being stressed about your vehicle. Hope it's an easy fix.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Return to Morning Coffee