Sunday, a day of rest

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunday, a day of rest

Postby carolb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 am

Gmorning all:)

Quite the excitement for you Tina :lol: Can't beat that kind of service. Who'da thunk a cg would be so well-equipped with all those men so willing to help. Alice, fantastic option on water heater. Glad you made it safely to Dad's--surely he appreciates all your help.

Might be a day of rest here, somewhat. Can't believe it's been a week since OSharon left :( Birdie is down to her last days here & has continued to be an awesome helper! I've had much catch-up work to do with my yard & flower gardens, & she's right there pitching in with whatever needs to be done. I'll putter more in the yard today, & she'll be busy prepping to move on down the road. Rain tomorrow may delay her departure. That won't hurt my feelings ;)

Martha, keeping good thoughts for you & Harold...Lyn, saw the news of ComicCon & thought of you :D

Y'all have a great day & be safe always 8-)
carolb

Re: Sunday, a day of rest

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:46 am

good morning Carolb and all...well jello plans always changing...I should be in PA on Monday afternoon...hope to see you Carolb some time this summer...
getting my dad buried ....business with my sister done...visit with my son in Meadville PA ...then get back on the road to who knows where...Birdie will you be passing thru north east PA area? I hope to be in the Erie area at some point and Meadville is only 45 min. from Erie...lunch or din or something..just a thought...little bit nervous about some of the business I have to take care of but hope it will be done on Tues afternoon...not much anything else to say right now.... B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 am

Mornin' Carol, Donna & all that follow ~~~

Back at Dad's after camping a few days with Eileen (Beazle). Was not a good week for me. After hooking up & chatting for a bit, turned the water heater on propane. 15 minutes or so later, Eileen sees smoke, another day, leak coming out of rig near shower wall, and above bed cabinet hinge loose. Got the rig into the dealer yesterday and will have to take their word for the fire/smoke that it was a spider nest, but when the guy showed be beforehand where spiders like to build their nest, it was not where the flames and smoke were coming from. Leak was from the P-trap under the shower, bigger screws put in the door hinge. Also discovered a puddle of water around the toilet, but they could not identify a leak and thought maybe the vent was stuck. I'm hoping these are just new rig warranty problems (well not the fire one tho), but am already thinking of getting rid of it.

Worst part of the week was the loss of my BIL Ken. I new something was wrong when he was not returning my texts. I talked to him after the water heater fiasco, but from Tuesday on, no response. I thought something happened to his mother (she's 92). They found him on Wednesday and we are still waiting to hear cause of death. After his back surgery about 8 months ago he has had nothing but problems, including the surgeon thinking they put a screw thru a nerve, causing his walking problem. He had a seizure about a month ago as was schedule for a scan on Monday because his last visit with the surgeon, the doctor mentioned that they thought Ken had a minor stroke in recovery (they did nothing at that time and did not tell Ken until recently). This has been a big shock he was only 65 and was a good friend to me. He will be missed.

Sorry for the bummer news about this trip. Have a good day ladies and stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Othersharon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:57 am

Good morning! Another dreary rainy day here. Laughed yesterday about the rain, hourly forecast on my phone said 1pm for it to start and my clock was chiming the hour and I heard rain on the porch roof! Talk about good forecasting! Looks like we'll be in the same Front as Carolb and Birdie.

I think I pushed myself last week when I came home from Carol's. My back has been wonky all week! I should have stopped more or at least found a campground or something instead of driving the whole way in one day! Glad I did because of the flat tire in my driveway but not sure it was worth it now! I think I should have listened to all of you about stopping sooner! Forget I'm not in my car and shouldn't try to drive the same way! Tough lesson but I think I'm getting it! :roll:

Well, I think I'll take my coffee out back and sit and watch the grass grow! May need those goats again once the rain stops!
Liz, beautiful pictures! Tina, glad you were able to finally get inside your RV! Alice, glad you made it to your dad's and can spend some time there. Beth, looking forward to hearing more about your week end getaway! Donna, sent you a pm. Have a wonderful day and travel safe!
Othersharon

Postby Colliemom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 am

G'Morning everyone. Gee, sure has been a trying wek for many of you. Sorry to hear of all the problems and what not. Cheryl, sorry to hear about yor BIL. My sympathies to you and the family. Hope you get your rig issues straightened out. Bring it here to my guys, they are wonderful at diagnosing and repairing. Can't say enough about them. Yes, O'Sharon, one needs to stop and get off the road when one is driving an RV :) it's the journey not the destination that counts. Despite what we think they are more stressful than driving a car around. But glad you made it home safely :D Donna, good luck getting your dad buried and business taken care of. Then you will really be footloose and fancy free. Tina, what are the chances of geting such good service as that in a campground. Wow. You certainly picked the right place. Alice, what a great discovery on the HW heater.

Sign painting project is done and neighbor and I reinstalled it yesterday. Compliments starting to roll in from the neighborhood. Have to get a picture of it yet. The posts that hold up the mounting hardware for the sign and the roof over it, are next on the agenda. But today is mostly rest day. Do need to do a little house cleaning as it's been neglected with all the project going on. Then can get to my projects that I want done before fall gets here. Want to take off next month someplace too.

So, gibg to move along here. Be pushing the dust rag around in a while. Kind of damp and humid, so no ffloor washing or it will take all week to dry. Then rest of day is just puttery stuff. Have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 am

Good Morning Everyone !! Had quite a long post written and it went poof!! But will give it another try, time to check in. Have been stopped for a rest and organize again time at my fav CG in west Ks. Many improvents since I was here last, love it here along the river.

Have tried to catch up on everyone. Tina's door latch problems, having trouble here too, but luckily have front doors and do carry keys now. Incident when we met Alice in Co. We had to shove GS through a window :lol: getting quite a list of to do's for Tri Am !! Donna, I'll be so glad for you when you have your " me time"!! Carolb your yard has to be beautiful with all your willing help. Beth, so happy you could get a couple days for yourself, and I love your campsite. Be looking for your pics of that area. Sue, you make me so tired !! :D Would love to see pics of your place. So Sorry about BIL passing, lost mine in Jan and can't get over he's really gone, such a good man and I worry about my sis, they were together such a long time. So I understand somewhat your loss.

Kids are up and about, need to get moving on here. Will miss this wifi, it's even improved !! hope you all are well, please stay safe !!

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 am

IrishIroamed wrote:...I'm hoping these are just new rig warranty problems (well not the fire one tho), but am already thinking of getting rid of it.

Cheryl, my brand new 2015 Fun Finder (same mfgr as your Shadow Cruiser) was nothing but trouble from the get-go. The only "thing" that didn't seem to "fail" was the convection microwave. Other than that - issue after issue after issue. Both the local dealers that carried Cruiser RV products no longer do because of their issues and the fact that the company was slow to pay warranty work, if they would pay at all. So frustrating, isn't it? LOL - I finally traded it after I had fixed all the problems. Duh.

Sadly, my brand new 2018 Lance is starting out along the same lines...
mitch5252

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Carolb, I know you are enjoying having Birdie around. My last visit with her was too short.

I have been in campgrounds where all you had to do was raise the hood and you would draw a crown. :lol: Tina, glad you got some help. I was camping with the Louisiana Belles last year and one of the ladies broke down about 5 miles from the campground. Instead of having her RV towed to a shop she had it towed to the campground. I would have never have thought of doing that. While she was there some of the men checked out the RV and it had a broken belt. They went and got one and put it on for her. I don't think they would even let her pay for the belt. Usually RVers are a helpful bunch.

It is raining again. Got my shoes wet going to get the paper. We have about had enough of this. I guess in August when we have a burn ban we will be wishing for rain. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:25 pm

I made it to Yellowstone around noon. Beautiful drive down along a gorgeous river! Am at a very nice KOA park just outside of West Yellowstone. Will have to check out the pool and spa tonight! Will be here until Thursday.

I am sitting outside under shady pine trees with the breeze blowing nicely. About 75 degrees and sunny here. Very comfortable!

Think I will go into W. Yellowstone soon to check out the town. Tomorrow I will go into the park and explore all day. :D

One of the guys here complimented me on how well I backed into my site without any help! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee