Take a break Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Take a break Saturday

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:01 am

Good Morning! I am sill in Maine and parked for a few days. Today was scheduled for getting laundry caught up and a grocery and dog food excursion. Was planning on leaving Sunday morning but had too much excitement yesterday and am now waiting for a part to place e door lock assembly on the door tto my RV. After I checked in yesterday I unhooked the car and drove the narrow rocky loop road around to my site. When I went to jump out and check the geometry angles necessary to back in the uneven site my door would not open. :) Nope it wouldn't budge. I put in a call to the office to ask them to have someone mov their pickup truck from my signed site and to let them know my plight. I drove back to the office area and was soon met by the cavalry. Serveral men, including the owners son spent an hour or so trying to figure out my door. One gentleman crawled in the front window to check things out from the inside and two worked on the outside. The latch mechanism had apparently not only broken off but had proceeded to jam the lock closed. To remove the mechanism they eventually removed the entire door and screen finally got the lock removed. By then the owner had called the RV repair store near by which had located a replacement part that could arrive in Monday. I rode red it and the owner asked the parts manager to call him as soon as it came in and he would drive over to pick it up. In the mean time the guys replaced my door minus the one lock but with a still functioning deadbolt. We all agreed the the emergency had passed. The dogs and I would not have to crawl out any windows and I could safely keep the door closed driving down the highway so when to tech from Coach Net called I was able to tell them never mind.... :) The "boys" said they could probably put the new part in for me on Monday. Either way I will be able to leave on Monday and continue heading south towards the Boston area. So remember another plus for purchasing a Class C.....you have additional doors to open! This campground may have many seemingly nice seasonals, look a little ragged around the edges, and have odd shaped unlevel sites BUT they also offer a great Lobster dinner by the pound have Verizon signal and multiple OTA TV stations....and talented men with tools that like to stay busy on a Friday afternoon.

So that is my latest adventure......hope everyone can find their own good stories out there!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Take a break Saturday

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am

Tina, I don't want any more stories here! Have had way too many already! :shock: Am looking for a smooth, uneventful rest of my trip! Hope yours goes more smoothly too!

Am going to check out some ghost towns today. Also going to take part of a route that I am thinking of taking tomorrow to Yellowstone to see how the road is that way.

It is chilly this morning so am hunkered down under the covers with Lola until it warms up some before I leave.

Hope you all have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:08 am

Good morning
Nothing eventful here, think I'll do laundry today, maybe a long hot real bath!
However, I finally figured out my water heater!!! There's nothing wrong with it,
reading my manual last evening, information finally kicked in! My motor home is equipped with optional factory installed "motor aid" that heats the water while driving
(also helping keep engine cooler) so you have instant hot water when you arrive at
a campground. Stays hot actually into the second day. Its at that point you can turn it on
lighting the pilot. (it won't light while its hot) I'm tickled to figure this out! Long story shorter, I read over my manual word by word, discovered a few other conviences I was
unaware of.
I'm loving the weather here, although its gonna warm up to 91 today.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Good point about more doors in a Class C. I watched a couple and several neighbors try to break into a Class A in Florida because the door was jammed shut. Course that does not help if you lock your keys in, as I did once. Now, as I posted earlier, have backup keys hidden. And just thinking--I have not misplaced anything lately, although I still have not found the $100 in cash I stashed away about two years ago in a really good hiding place! :lol:

Ran a bunch of errands yesterday, resulting in a stuffed refrigerator and freezer, but that gives me enough food for my long drive to Oregon. Funny when you have to decide between buying pork chops or ice cream! (You can guess which I choose.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 pm

I am getting ready tonight for my departure tomorrow morning.

Today I drove a large loop down thru some old mining towns. Two well known ones are Virginia City and Nevada City. Both were very interesting. VC is very touristy but fun. NC it just down the road and is a ghost town but has been somewhat restored. Then I stopped at a garnet mine to pan for garnets! You can buy a bucket full of sand for $20 or just a small bag for $5. I opted for the $5 bag since it was getting late. I just looked thru half of the bag of sand and found about 30+ small garnets! A couple of them were almost pea sized! I took the other half bag with me to look thru that later on. I think I found a tiny piece of gold too. Will have to check with a magnifying glass later. :lol: It was a fun day and my car did really well.

I will be near West Yellowstone until Thursday. Will try to get a couple days near Jackson Hole area after that. From there I am going to head straight down 15 to San Diego.

Hope you all had a good day today! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:52 am

Judy, if it were me I'd have taken the pork chops. :lol:
MandysMom

Return to Morning Coffee