Finally Friday again...

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Finally Friday again...

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 am

Good morning all.... well It's Finally Friday and I'm still here in Virginia at my daughter's it seems some people are very remorseful now... I had my rearview mirror fall off again yesterday I was ready to leave in fact I had pretty much left so I'm hear again so we can fix it my son-in-law and I... I went to Carquest and got super duper extreme glue for remounting rear view mirrors on windshield will see what happens... since I wasn't going to leave I needed to dump my tanks I forgot to do it while I was at Camping World so I called a place called candy Hill only about 10 minutes away they wanted $30 to dump... no thank you... so I went back to Camping World which was 15 minutes away and went ahead and they are very nice they're about dumping they just said it's over there behind the building so that's what I did... and since I've been cooped up here...Pheebe and I went exploring... we went over to Jim Barnett Park and they have a new war memorial over there that we went to... walk around the pond seeing Canadian these and some ducks very nice park lot bigger than Wickham but it doesn't look as busy as Wickham.. has a nice pool anyway we had fun even though it was hot hot hot I thought I was back in Florida... we also dropped off a Florida Flamingo Rock I painted at the park and I also dropped one at Camping World was from the campers rock group... was planning on leaving today... but I seen Charley last evening and she's going back to the farm on Saturday and she asked me if I was going to go and she talked to me for about 20 minutes telling me everything in the world that was going on... in her world any way I could I say no... I guess she's always asking where Grammy is... I'm thrilled that she's so into me this year... so I guess I will plan on leaving on Sunday... also I did make a blog post I'm going to try and catch up and keep up... all for me now...B safe....donna
Last edited by grammynmaggie on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammynmaggie

Re: Finally Friday again...

Postby avalen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 am

Good morning
Camp driveway at my dads for awhile. There is lots to do around here, The vegetation on the parkway by the curb has been ignored, I'll get that cleaned out and put some if year-round sterilizer on it.That will keep the weeds down for 7 years.
So much on the agenda, and things my dad wants to show me. My St Helens is on that list as well as Astoria and some aeronautical museum. In between dads numerous Dr appts, we will be busy.
Maggie having a grand time, dads cat Puffy keeping close tabs on her. She totally rules!!
Stalks Maggie , its actually funny cause Maggie is afraid of her.
Guess I better get dressed and get the laundry sorted out.
Y'all have a great day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:09 am

Donna, glad things are a little better for you with your family.

Got my Jeep back yesterday afternoon and hopefully things will go smoothly now for the rest of this trip! After I got back to the campground, I took a much needed 3 hour nap! I have been so restless these past several days and now I am just exhausted! Slept good last night too.

This morning I am going to a place nearby called "Grizzly Encounter" where they have some grizzly bears that have been rescued and can no longer be released into the wild. Then I will look into finding a place to stay near Yellowstone for next week if I can.

Hope you all have a good day :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:36 am

Ava:

Hope to hear LOTS about your St. Helens excursion! No detail, for me, it too small.

I have never visited St. Helens, but have always wanted to go - especially to the Johnston Ridge memorial, named as tribute to volcanologist David Johnston.

And Barbie! YELLOWSTONE! One of the worlds great volcanoes!! I have never been there either - but hope to finally make it later this year. Hope to hear all about your Yellowstone experiences.

Looking forward to your news!

Volcanoes are my thing. . . :D

Thank you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

It is already 99 and you can feel the humidity when you open the storm door. We got another inch of rain yesterday. The farmers have started cutting rice and the road is a muddy mess because the fields are so wet.

When I went to Seattle I camped a couple of times near extinct volcanos. We have hurricanes every year and I'm worried about camping near an extinct volcano that hasn't erupted in a million years. :roll:

My big, fat, fuzzy cat went out this morning. I decided to go look for her because she doesn't stay out long. She was on the cement under the porch panting.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 pm

THIS IS IT!!! I love Mt ST Helens...have been several times...the museum is excellent. I go to the museum each time I am in the area.

ComicCon is here! Love the crowds and the costumes. Walked down by the convention center yesterday. Everything very crowded. It is fun!

Martha, sorry to hear all the news of Harold. Don't let yourself get exhausted. Keep those kitties cool.

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm

I feel for you Martha! I don't even want to know how hot it is but there is a heat advisory in effect until tomorrow at six. They always say how it feels with the dew point which has been around 77% and it is usually over 105 ACK First time we have had heat like this in a few years. I let the dogs out in the back yesterday for the first time since the tick season started and what does Toby do but go stretch himself out in the sun. I made him come in! Ticks are usually slowing down around this time. Haven't seen any for awhile and I'm attributing that to the Seresto flea and tick collar I've had on Toby. It made Mitzi sick, so put it on Toby, noticed no ticks on either dog or us!! Ummm, others say if they put it on one dog the others don't need one, but also wondering if it doesn't also work for people. Sort of a scary thought. I took Toby's off for a few days before and after I gave him his monthly Sentinel. When I put it back on he started acting strange, pacing in circles and around the house, so I took it off. He seems better but not all the way, maybe he is like me going stir crazy with the heat! I have done a couple of small cleaning /clearing out jobs and paper work I've been putting off trying to keep busy.

Donna and Barbie, glad thisg are getting better for you both!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm

This morning I went to the Grizzly Encounter. They only have 5 bears there and were all rescues from bad situations (2 were kept in a tiny cage together for over 12 years!). Was fun to watch the two they had out this morning.
Then this afternoon, I went into downtown Bozeman to look around. They were having their Crazy Days sale today. I wasn't very impressed. Stuff is all very expensive even with the discounts. Just got some chocolate. Stopped at Walmart and got a new smartphone. Hope this one will work OK for awhile.

Tomorrow I might take a little drive and check out some ghost towns, one of which is Virginia City. Should be interesting.

Am not feeling very peppy today. Gonna take a shower and get to bed early. I leave here on Sunday morning and stay at a campground in West Yellowstone for 4 nights.

Have a good evening! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee