Super Thursday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Super Thursday

Postby Birdie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 am

Everyone must be sleeping in. Carolb slept in until 5:30ish. That is late as you all know. I have been working on my next leg going towards the Falls. Ready to go dump today or tomorrow and will gas up on the way back. Is supposed to rain this weekend here....so what is new.

Keep cool you RVing sistahs. Also, keep your powder dry. Safe travels with fun!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Super Thursday

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 am

Good morning ladies
Seems like forever since I've posted. Did a lot
of catch up reading. I must say, crossing Montanawas very interesting!
I feel the scenery was so pleasing to the eye, just beautiful.!
That little skinny part of Idaho only took an hour to cross but what a
sight as you come into Courd'alean (sp)
I'm now parked in a nice little spot within view of the Columbia River.
Will be basically a 3 hr drive to my dads but with the little stops for
photo opp, I could stretch that out to 5, lol
About time to get dressed, wash my hair and do chores for departure.
Enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 am

Good morning gals

Got a call this morning from the shop. They are a little concerned about the head gasket on my car. I don't understand all of what they told me but they are seeing some signs of a blown head gasket but not the main signs so they are not sure what is going on. They will finish up the cooling fan today and then let me pick it up and drive it around this weekend and see if it starts to overheat again. I sure don't want to head out with another potential disaster looming. I have enough to worry about!

Another beautiful but hot day today. Cool this morning tho. Actually had all the windows shut overnight to keep it warmer in here.

Since I need to drive the Jeep around this weekend, I will have to check and see what there is to do around here. Don't want to go too far in case there is a problem tho.

I checked yesterday on my pod that I had shipped to San Diego with the rest of my stuff in it and luckily that made it out there OK and is in storage now.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 am

I'm home again, since I have a doctor's appointment. Moving very slowly this morning. I had a WONDERFUL few days on the shores of Lake Huron, but clusters of children are tiring, no matter how much you enjoy them. :D

I am so pleased with the way Drew handled four kids. He was so scared of kids when I got him -- especially small boys ( I really do think he was hurt by some.) The first time we were in public and he saw a pair of boys, he barked his head off and raised his hackles -- and they were 15 feet away and hadn't even looked at him!

He has really come on nicely. Also, these are sweet kids, very thoughtful of his feelings. Ben, the 4-year-old, is especially concerned about the "bad boys" who hurt Drew and is careful NOT to grab him and hug him. :)
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 am

Drew is a smart dog...I love the stories of his improvement with kids. Casey never got over her fear of sticks and I always warned people to not pick up a stick when she was around. I still miss her. Will for a long time. However, with this heat, it is nice not to have to worry about the dog.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:07 pm

I got my trailer moved to a new spot here and will be here until Monday now. This spot has trees around it so I have some shade! The other gal got good news and it was an easy fix for her car so she will be moving on soon. I am trying to get her to join this forum. Her name is Karen.

My friend's husband, who owns a mechanic shop in MN is calling my shop to see if he can help them figure out what is going on with my Jeep as far as the head gasket issues go.

It is already getting really hot here! Mid 90's again. Whew! And no let up all weekend. Too bad they don't have a pool here. :(
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Not much going on with me. I am here one more day at Strawberry Bay and then headed for Provo. Will stop at a museum in SLC and also get a Blue Beacon car wash there before heading for Utah Lake SP. I've stayed there before, and it is quiet and on a lake, but close to shopping. I have been out in the boonies for so long, I have some stuff I want to look for at Kohl's and also need some groceries and hardware stuff I cannot get at a Walmart's. Got a long list.

This is a pretty campground at 7,600 feet in the mountains about 60 miles east of Provo, UT. It's on a reservoir and is surrounded by rolling hills with long vistas. No trees around, but altitude keeps you cool without shade. Sunday, I make a four-day drive to get to Eugene, OR, which is a long drive for me.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Irmi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi folks.

I'm responding to Barbie's post about all the problems she's been having.

Barbie, you can drive your Jeep all weekend and not have any problems. But unless it's under a load, as in, pulling your travel trailer, that's when you'll notice a difference. We blew an engine on a much older pickup because it was only a half ton. Then we got a 3/4 ton. We still have that pickup and it runs like a charm. Barbie, do your homework. Maybe you need something heavier to pull your trailer. I know you like Jeeps. I feel for all the problems you're having.
Irmi

Return to Morning Coffee