Wonderful Wednesday???

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wonderful Wednesday???

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 am

Good morning everyone... well it's not feeling very wonderful here for me as has been this whole trip.... things not going well here at my daughter's house so it's time for me to leave today is my great grandson's first birthday so I will stay for that and then I'm leaving in the morning.... this whole trip has been almost a nightmare starting with the closing when I pulled into the parking lot and kissed a car beside me... was in a panic turned on AC and Generator for Pheebe while I was in signing papers... and promptly locked my keys in the RT... spent two nights at Manatee hammock that went okay ...the third night I locked my keys in the RT again... the next day we got attacked by the three dogs in the Virginia Welcome Center... all this and a few minor things in between... so it's time to move on I'm planning on this trip getting much better.... I wonder why children want to blame everything in there life on their parents we all make mistakes we are all are young we have our children ... don't always know what we're doing and would rather not have done some things and would do it over again different but why can't the children let go of things...it makes me sad and cry.... and hope to someday it will change... well I am going to do my laundry today before I leave so I have to get the RT ready to roll also... all for now...B safe...donna
grammynmaggie

Re: Wonderful Wednesday???

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 am

Morning Donna and all. Gee Donna, sorry you are having such a bad trip north. Hopefully it will get better as you go along. One suggestion You might want to think on, is, get one of those neck nanyards, clip on extra key the RT on it and then if you have belt loops on your pants or shorts, attatch it to a loop and then just stick that key in a pocket. Or wear it around your neck. Thay way you have a key at all times. I did that on my trip with a set of trailer keys and attactched my truck keys to it when I was out and about. That way I didn't have to worry about losing them as I quit carrying a purse years ago. Keep my wallet in my pocket and a spare key in that too. I use a tri fold men's wallet, so fits in a pocket. Barbie, you are also in the same boat, but at l sst you are settled in a campground where you can stay in your trailer. Smart move calling GS. I stayed in the KOA at Bozeman when I went through there. Hope you get back on the road soon. My trailer is waiting for a couple parts, so I'm not going anywhere either. But planned it that way for July anyhow.

Been keeping busy here, finishing up landscaping project, checking on some things for POA here, had company and we went on a schooner sail last week one day. Then historical State Park near here had "Wood Shaving Days" this past weekend, so went to that. Customed demonstrators doing different things like tatting, blacksmithing, land surveying, the steam powered sawmill cutting logs, wood carving etc., This was a sample of life back in the days of the logging and logging camps here in Michigan. There is also a logging camp in the park with displays in each building of an actual logging camping. The park (Hartwick Pines) contains the only stand of Virgin Whie Pine left in the lower Peninsula.

Off to the store this morning, then dentist this afternoon.so hope you all, even those having problems, have a nice day.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Redetotry » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 am

I was just on Facebook and saw a sign my niece put on the back of her teenage sons pickup truck. It is a good sized sign that says
How's my driving Call my Mom and she put her phone number on :lol: They live in a small town so I expect everyone knows whose truck it is. I love it!

It's going to be extra hot and humid here the next few days and as usual I'm dreading it as my house generator still isn't working. I am fighting with the company who made it to replace it but.... I did ask if our power goes out for them to come and manually start it for me.

Barbie, I think Karen had a good idea go to Oregon and chill for a few days and regroup. Don't make a fast decision, maybe you are supposed to be somewhere else for awhile. The coast of Oregon is amazing and the temperature even better than San Diego I think.

Donna I'm sorry for all the problems you've had on your trip.

Liz, congratulations on your new Roadtrek!! I am curious, what is an under hood generator?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 am

Good morning gals! :D

Donna, I am so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I have a good friend who has had the same issues with her kids blaming her for stuff from their childhood. They need to grow up. Good idea for you to leave that situation and move on. As far as getting locked out, I got one of those little magnetic key boxes and put an extra trailer key in it and stuck in under my trailer. My door sometimes locks on me all by itself if I shut the door too hard, so now I have an extra key to get back in if that happens again. You can get those boxes at any hardware store in the key section.

Yesterday evening, the owner of the campground gave me a ride to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed here. She is really nice and we had a great conversation. I think she was glad to have an excuse to get away for a little bit! She even used her discount card for the store to save me about $3!

Hoping to hear from the garage today that they got the part and are able to put it in right away. Don't even want to know what the labor will cost on that! :o It has to be done tho. Hopefully, I can roll out of here on Friday morning.

I guess things could always be worse. The campground owner told me there were two young gals here the past two weeks who drove out here from Vermont and their car died. Turns out the transmission was shot (took the dealer a whole week to figure that out! :roll: ) and they ended up having to buy a used car to get them back home.

Didn't get to laundry yesterday since it was so hot out and the laundry room is across the campground from me. It is nice and cool this morning so will get that going here soon.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Rufflesgurl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:03 am

Good morning all. Barbie and Donna sorry for all your problems. Hope everything gets worked out for each of you. Barbie it has been really really hot in CA. Maybe it will cool off while your Jeep is getting fixed.

Liz, think my previous post got lost. Nice, new RT for you. Will you be taking long trips in your new ride? Have you driven it yet?

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

Donna, sorry you are having so many problems. My kids locked us out of vehicles so many times I am paranoid about keys. I seldom get out of a vehicle without putting the key in my pocket. They have made it hard to get copies of keys for newer vehicles but I saw a Pop-A-Lock ad that said they could get almost any key. Hopefully it would be cheaper than what a dealer wants to charge. The last truck we traded in I gave them 6 sets of keys.

I finally got around to making my annual doctor's appointment so have that this afternoon. Should have gone in March when it was due.

We finally had a day without rain yesterday and my son got most of the yard mowed without bogging the mower. The weather says 50% chance today.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm

I managed to lock my key in my motorhome in the parking lot of the south visitor center for Joshua Tree National Park. If you have been there, you know there is absolutely no cell service. The rangers had to use their radio to call the other visitor center and give them my information, including my CoachNet number. They had to call CoachNet, which sent a truck from the north. And because the road has a slow speed limit through the park, it took them almost two hours to get to me!!

Now, I keep a spare key in my purse and hide another in a place where no one would find it. (I used to have one of those magnetic things, Barbie, but they can fall off, which is what mine did.) Good hiding places are with your sewer hoses or in a container which is in a taped up box, which is in an outside storage area, or something similar that will take a couple of hours of searching.

All the photo posts reminded me it is time to back stuff up on my portable hard drive and then transfer it to my other computer.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Not morning by a long shot. I did have a story for Donna tho...today I went to a luncheon. The woman whom I sat next to (she was a senior citizen) began blaming her Dad for her lack of adventurousness. Same as your kids are doing to you! What has happened to personal responsibility?!?!?! Hope things do take a turn for the better for you.

Barbie, OMG...what next? I feel so bad for all the trouble you are having. And yes, it has been hot here in CA. Inland has been in the nineties.

That's great Liz about the RT you are buying!

Tina, saw those pictures you posted from Maine. If you like lobster, go to a place where they bring them into a shop. Not a restaurant.
One may choose the weight of the lobster one wants, they cook it and crack it for you. You can take it home and eat it. Cost half as much as a restaurant.

My camping trip over the weekend was nice. Quite hot tho in the mountains. I did get to visit a friend of mine that has bought a 36' 5th wheel! Gads, that thing is beautiful and big!!!

Incidently, I keep my keys on a lanyard and every time I get out of the truck, they go around my neck!

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Hello from this melting group ! In Nebraska,108 and my A/C Is not doing much. Need larger unit. Hoping for rain. We're in a beautiful county park. Kids would like to go out and enjoy. Too hot. Rain hopefully coming, enough to cool it down, I hope.

Donna, I'm aggravated at your kids , but I think all kids when their life messes up or it's hard work feel parents caused it. They have to blame someone, never themselves. Please don't let this get you down, our kids are the only ones who really can mess our lives up, by their Attitude. Yes, we did our best, it was a different age and we had babies and moms tried to help first week or so then we were on our own. If they were raised, fed, educated, we did the best we could, the best we knew. We had no books, no baby sitters , we struggled usually with no help. So, lady I don't know what the problem is but your kids are how old, been doing their own thing for how long, without you around telling them what to do? They messed up, not your fault !!! So don't take any blame, whatever they think was wrong with their lives they've had time since they left home to make their life what they want it to be !! Our lives are our responsibility, no matter who we are, or how old we are. You and I, have plenty of caring friends everywhere, so get out of there and get your spirits boosted up and get your world on an even keel. Where are you headed, somewhere a bit more welcoming I hope.

Well, I've whined about the heat, my a/c, and blasted ungrateful, blaming kids, which many of us have, guess I better shut up now and set under the blowing air in here :roll: :o

Hope everyone has a nice evening,
CArol
Carolinagal

Return to Morning Coffee