Tuesday in Montana

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday in Montana

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:48 am

Good morning gals!

Got word from Laura that the part I need for the Jeep is legitimately expensive and necessary. Once it is fixed, I really hope this is the last of the issues til I get to California and then some. That said, I have decided to cut my trip short and just head from here straight to San Diego. Between the financial aspect and the fact that both me and Lola are both stressed out and tired, I think it is the best way to go for now. I can always take time later to take a trip north up the coast to Oregon, etc. I also think that once I get settled into a new home down there, I will downsize to a smaller camper that is more manageable for shorter jaunts.

Martha, am thinking of you and Harold. Please take time for yourself when you can and get help for Harold when needed. You will be able to take better care of him if you take care of yourself too. It is a big change for both of you.

The only thing I have to do today is laundry. Not much else to do around here. Last night I had to run my fan (on the AC) all night to drown out the sound of the trains next to here. I have a freeway on one side and a train track on the other side. The trains blow their horn when coming thru here and are very frequent. They also stop, change tracks, hitch and unhitch engines, etc, so there is a lot of banging, booming, etc. The fan luckily drowned all that out. The freeway noise doesn't bother me tho. Otherwise it is a nice campground.

I will have to start cooking in here since I can't eat out this week! I have lots of food but it has just been easier to eat out altho, with all the stress, I haven't been very hungry.

Hope you all have a good day! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Tuesday in Montana

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am

Sorry to hear about all of your problems. Especially the major repair needed for the jeep - never fun while on the road far from home.

Hope your jeep is repaired rapidly and that you are soon on your way without any further problems.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Good afternoon! My exciting news is that I have found the Roadtrek I want, and am in negotiations to buy it with some modifications and upgrades that I want, including solar. So I have reduced the price I am asking for my Class C. If anyone is interested, let me know, as I think I will not list it anywhere else, and will just trade it in. I was offered a fair price as trade.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Tell me more about the Roadtrek I'm so interested and I'm so happy for you...
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Barbie, you are learning so much so fast. Remember most all of us have gone through explensive and or inconvenient situations. Some get retold on here and some don't. So don't think karma is singling you out. :?

And about the train tracks.....RV parks are notorious for being next to the tracks.....think land values being cheaper. On our trip to Alaska we make jokes of it through the lower states out west.....but then we were not parking in the high rent resorts either. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Liz, that's exciting. I can't wait for more info and pics!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Remember most all of us have gone through expensive and or inconvenient situations... So don't think karma is singling you out.

Karma could have spread all this out a little instead of dumping all this on me in just 2 weeks! Just sayin'! :roll:

Liz, so happy you found a new Roadtrek! That will be great to go with your new home!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Oh Barbie, things happen and don't I know it!! As many of us do. The ole saying things happen in 3's, well I've exceeded that ole saying several times. It can get you down and that's for sure. Sorry you're having this trouble, but you have all of us on here and that should help. Always has me. The main thing is just not to let any situation beat you EVER!! Sorry you're bypassing your trip, that's why we all make jello plans so they can be revised and continue on with the priorities. Good luck on the rest of your trip !!

Liz, that is Great !! Good thing you unloaded, just in case :lol: , ok so we're all waiting for pics and more info . Hope Linda's doing well.

Late in day, kids were quite impressed with the Badlands and we are at the CG in the interior. They're running off steam, we're in the group and overflow area and not crowded and mashed in as in main area. We're very close to ranger show which is at 9:00 and I know we won't get an early start tomorrow. I'm about ready for a nice CG with laundry etc and a day or so of rest !! But have to pick my route and move along, with rest days included. Checked mileage to their home from Devils Tower and it was 1999, so really have to get route headed more south after today.

Martha, I am so sorry to read that Harold is having memory problems, think that is all of our biggest fear as we age. Driving to the barn at night, oh my you're not sleeping much are you ?? Take care of you as best as you can !!

Got to round the kids up several near same age here and they're having a great time.

Stay safe everyone,
CArol
Carolinagal

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Barbie, hope you can get your Jeep fixed soon and not have anymore trouble. It seems like it's alway something with RV's and trips.

Don't worry, Harold isn't driving. He just thinks he should be able to. We put locks on the outside doors that he can't open.

CArol, you are really giving your grandkids a trip of a life time.

I didn't know Liz was downsizing. I seldom make it to the for sale things on the forum. I would like to have more room in an RV but really like the size I have to drive and park.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 am

Carolinagal wrote:
Liz, that is Great !! Good thing you unloaded, just in case :lol: , ok so we're all waiting for pics and more info . Hope Linda's doing well.

Stay safe everyone,
CArol

The deal is not finalized yet, but almost. We've agreed on the bottom line $$ and he made a fair offer with the trade-in. The RT is in Florida, so it will have to wait until late August (at least) when I can get away here. That will give him time to add the solar and extra battery. Here's a link: https://sunshinestatervs.com/new-roadtreks-for-sale/product/2017-roadtrek-simplicity/?

Linda is coming along. Doing really well this morning...She is alert and did her shower almost independently with standby assist. Fixed her own breakfast. Later in the day she has been very tired and sometimes confused/forgetful. But I imagine that will improve. It's only been a week. I'm exhausted because I've been here almost 3 weeks caring for my disabled BIL too.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 am

I pretty much like Sunshine RV... I just had my refrigerator fixed on propane there ...they're replaced a new part rather spendy $$$$... and it's not working I'm not sure what I should do about it I spend a lot of money on it...love love your soon to be new rig...can't wait to see it...
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:23 pm

grammynmaggie wrote:I pretty much like Sunshine RV... I just had my refrigerator fixed on propane there ...they're replaced a new part rather spendy $$$$... and it's not working I'm not sure what I should do about it I spend a lot of money on it...love love your soon to be new rig...can't wait to see it...

If their repair is not working, call them. Maybe they can walk you through it, or suggest what should be done.
Liz
Liz

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Liz, that is beautiful!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Safari, says it can't open for me, tried several time periods since yesterday. Sure need to take this thing to Verizon, not sure how old it is hmmm

Guess I will see it one day. Has to be a good one and have what you want or you wouldn't be excited about it.
I'll try to be a patient soul :roll:

CArol
Carolinagal

Return to Morning Coffee