It's Monday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

It's Monday!

Postby Othersharon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am

Good morning! I made it home from Carolb's yesterday evening. I had a wonderful time with her and got to spend time with Birdie too! Carol had a regular little campground going at her house! Sites were a bit close and the lady next to me kept running her generator! ;) but what can you do! But a beautiful location and great dog park! I look at my yard and cringe! Carol puts in lots of love in her yard!

Walked out to th RV this morning and my rear outside tire is flat! Apparently the extender popped off the holder and is rubbed down to a nub. Won't know until the tire is off if the tire is damaged. Called GS road service for the very first time so will see how this goes. Ever so glad I made it home! It's a wonder I still have fillings in my teeth, 81 is awful! Especially around the Wilkes Barre-Scranton area. Southbound had a maybe 1 mile stretch of construction and it took 40 minutes of stop and go for vehicles to get into the left lane for it!

Still haven't caught up on what everyone is doing but hope all is well in everyone's world. Got to get out and mow my yard this morning before the predicted rain moves in this afternoon. Take care and travel safe!
Othersharon

Re: It's Monday!

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:32 am

Good morning.
I called the garage where my Jeep is and they said they would "try to look at it today". :shock: I gave them my sob story so am hoping that helped motivate him a little.

Luckily, it is only supposed to get to 80* today and is only 55* now so I went over to the camper and opened up all the windows to cool it off, and will stay there tonight. Lola will be happier there. I have her tied up on a leash right now in the hotel room because I know she will head under the platform bed and I will never get her out. I tried putting her in the bathroom and she just cried in there, and I don't want anyone to hear her since she is not allowed here.

I will be so glad to get back on the road! I am getting so stressed out about all these problems! :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Othersharon wrote:Good morning! I made it home from Carolb's yesterday evening. I had a wonderful time with her and got to spend time with Birdie too! Carol had a regular little campground going at her house! Sites were a bit close and the lady next to me kept running her generator! ;) but what can you do! But a beautiful location and great dog park! I look at my yard and cringe! Carol puts in lots of love in her yard!

Walked out to th RV this morning and my rear outside tire is flat! Apparently the extender popped off the holder and is rubbed down to a nub. Won't know until the tire is off if the tire is damaged. Called GS road service for the very first time so will see how this goes. Ever so glad I made it home! It's a wonder I still have fillings in my teeth, 81 is awful! Especially around the Wilkes Barre-Scranton area. Southbound had a maybe 1 mile stretch of construction and it took 40 minutes of stop and go for vehicles to get into the left lane for it!

Still haven't caught up on what everyone is doing but hope all is well in everyone's world. Got to get out and mow my yard this morning before the predicted rain moves in this afternoon. Take care and travel safe!

So glad if it had to happen, it happened when you got home. CArolb's camp driveway sounds like the place to be.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Good morning.
I called the garage where my Jeep is and they said they would "try to look at it today". :shock: I gave them my sob story so am hoping that helped motivate him a little.

Luckily, it is only supposed to get to 80* today and is only 55* now so I went over to the camper and opened up all the windows to cool it off, and will stay there tonight. Lola will be happier there. I have her tied up on a leash right now in the hotel room because I know she will head under the platform bed and I will never get her out. I tried putting her in the bathroom and she just cried in there, and I don't want anyone to hear her since she is not allowed here.

I will be so glad to get back on the road! I am getting so stressed out about all these problems! :roll:

Do you have a mechanically inclined friend that you can call and get an idea of what might be wrong with your jeep to make it heat up so quickly. I always like to know what the possibilities are and be able to sound like an informed customer.
I'm glad it has cooked off so you can stay in your camper tonight. Take some deep breaths and keep your dreams in focus. I'm sorry so many issues but hope it all gets better soon. ((((Big Hugs))))
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

We're at the lake cottage, and Drew is hanging out with four kids. This is pretty darned good for a dog who was so frightened of children ten months ago that he barked and bristled when we met them in public places. I'm so proud of him!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Good news and bad news...
Bad news is my Jeep needs a new cooling fan assembly which costs $1500 just for the part. They are ordering it from Michigan overnight (but it might not get here until Wednesday since it was ordered after noon today).

Good news is that I decided to call Good Sam Roadside Assistance again and see what they could do to help me with my trailer (altho the mechanic was willing to try and help me out too, which was very nice!). Within an hour, they had found a campground in Bozeman that had a space for me and had a truck at my trailer to tow it there! Big kudos for GS!!! They have saved me a lot of money and hassle so far!
So now Lola and I are safely at the Sunrise Campground all cool and plugged in for the week! The owners here are super nice and offered to take me into town if I need anything and to get a taxi or Uber to take me back to my Jeep when it is ready.

So I now have 3 days to chill out and do nothing. :) This will, however, cause some changes in my plans. Have some thinking to do about that now...

(I did call the campground in Yellowstone and told them I won't be able to get there at all).
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Good news and bad news...
Bad news is my Jeep needs a new cooling fan assembly which costs $1500 just for the part. They are ordering it from Michigan overnight (but it might not get here until Wednesday since it was ordered after noon today).

What????? I just googled that part and it is about $100. Either they are ripping you off royally or there is more to it than just that one part. I would call them and ask them exactly what the part number is and then call a Jeep dealership and ask how much they charge for the part by the part number. A brand new 5.7L Hemi engine is about $2700. Something just doesn't add up.

Either way, I would tell them to stop working on the Jeep immediately until you are satisfied that you are not getting ripped off.

Better yet, give ME their phone number and I will talk to them.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby monik7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Cougarfan wrote:Better yet, give ME their phone number and I will talk to them.

Laura

Laura, you crack me up. We all need you on our side!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Didn't you just buy this jeep? Shouldn't you have a 90 day warranty if you bought it from a dealer?

And I agree that that sounds extremely expensive for a fan. Maybe you need to check a couple of other places.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Laura is gonna call them tomorrow for me since she knows all about that kind of thing (and I don't).

I think I only had a 30 day warranty but I will check the paperwork tonight. Never thought of that. You gals are so full of good ideas!!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Kudos Laura. Let us all know, please.

And yes, we may not be as big as the FB groups, but we certainly take care of each other.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 pm

I just did a quick check on a fan assembly for a Jeep too and the highest I saw was 321.00. Me thinks they're seeing a single woman on the road and have decided to take advantage of you.

Go get 'em Laura!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Well, we'll see what I can find out. I'm really going to try to figure out what is costing that much. I can maybe see $1500 total with labor. It is pretty involved to replace the fan. There could be other parts they need to replace like the water pump and/or the fan clutch. Maybe the head is cracked and that's what they have to order from Michigan. Or, maybe they are just evil.

I have a couple of secret weapons if they poo-poo me as just a woman. One is my college degree in automotive parts, and my other weapon is named Steve. :twisted:

Stay tuned...

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby snowball » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 pm

and it's in Boseman not much close to it and near the mecca of tourists area....(Yellowstone National Park)
so sad that it is common to rip a person off
hope Laura can help you out and not get them in a snit see you soon
sheila
snowball

Postby Cougarfan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 pm

snowball wrote:hope Laura can help you out and not get them in a snit see you soon
sheila

Oh no, I'm going to be the nicest person on the planet. I'm just trying to help a friend out by finding out what they are going to fix, and translate that for my friend. 8-)
Cougarfan

Next

Return to Morning Coffee