Sunny Saturday 7/15

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Saturday 7/15

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 am

Mornin' ladies ~~~

Up early with the dogs & birds today @ 5:30. On my first cup o joe, so help yourself.

Well I am now officially unemployed & homeless. House closing was Thursday. Even my lawyer thought it was the closing from he _ _, but all done now. At Dad's for a bit so I can start looking for adult / transitional communities for Ma. Thank goodness I have a cousin that is helping. She's been thru this 4 times before and knows the ropes.

But first off to a 4-day mini-GTG with Eileen in cheeseland (Wisconsin). I need to unwind, and organize Colt from everything I just threw in there, then on to the Ma tasks. I'm hoping to be on the road in October after the GTG, but time will tell.

Have a good day ladies & stay safe on the roads.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Sunny Saturday 7/15

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:41 am

Good morning Cheryl and all to follow
Coffee is certainly good this morning.
I certainly enjoyed My Rushmore yesterday.
It's definitely a do it again thing. A lot of walking
and a lot of stairs but with many places to sit
it's doable.
Rest up today, Custer park tomorrow.
Y'all enjoy your day, be safe.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am

Haven't heard for sure, but my sister may be coming home from the hospital today. Going to the store for groceries this morning. Enjoy all your touring, everybody...I am!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 am

Morning....Sun in the city... we went to Hagerstown Maryland yesterday did some shopping... AC Moore craft store got stuff to paint rocks ... went to Sam's Club... found three tops.... went to the mall to Hallmark to get some special chocolate candy for my son-in-law... and some chocolate covered potato chips followed me home.. and we went to eat at Red Lobster... nice day getting out and about... then we had a rather eventful night first off it has not been too bad sleeping in the RT without AC... use the fantastic fan and it works great ...until a skunk comes along or two or three skunks horrible horrible horrible smell the fantastic fan was pulling it right in so I had to turn it off.... and I have a regular fan sitting near the bed so it wasn't too bad except for the smell and then the electric went off for an hour or so... we had to go in the house it got just too warm.... finally the electric came back on we went back out the smell of the skunk was gone from the outside air but man when you stepped inside the RT WOW... anyway I turn the fantastic fan back on and it pulled the stinky skunk out... then something spooked Pheebe... I think she was dreaming she jumped-up fought with the bed covers jump down and refused to come back into the bed... so in the end I just fell asleep and eventually I guess she came back because she was there later when I woke up... every little thing Spooks her since the dog incident... not sure what we're going to do today but I think we're going to take Charley to "The Farm" not sure what that entails but I will find out... Liz I remember working in the hospital on the orthopedic floor once in a while many many years ago in the early seventies when they first started doing total knees it was an ordeal... first off everything had to be sterilized including the walls and then everything that went in the room had to be sterilized bed linen knives and forks and spoons no matter what.... they were put in isolation... and they stayed in the hospital for 6 weeks it's unbelievable and how they do it now... prayers and best wishes for your sister I'm sure she's going to do good
grammynmaggie

Postby dpf » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Good Morning! I’ve been AWOL for a while, but I have been reading almost daily. Lots of miles being covered and lots of GTG. That’s great! We did our annual 4th of July campout with friends and had a fun time. Bronc spent one night camping with us and he had a riot. We watched Hadley while Ashley and Ryan took Bronc to a Bull-Er-Ama. Bronc entered the Mutton Bustin’ and didn’t bust the mutton! He didn’t quite have the jest of it and told Ryan that he thought he was supposed to fall off…everyone else did. Hadley didn’t have a good night while we watched her. She was gassy and cried and cried. She finally had a big blow out about a half hour before the kids came to pick her up. By the time I had her cleaned up she was a happy camper and then she had to leave. Dirty little cowboy below.

This is the first week I’ve had to myself in a couple weeks and I’m totaling enjoying it. Last weekend was Hadley’s Baptism. I’ll try to post some pictures but Photobucket and I haven’t been seeing eye to eye lately.

That’s just about all for now. Remember Camp Cihak is open.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm having a somewhat peaceful morning. A couple of Harold's friends came for an hour and entertained him. They can talk about things that went on 30 years ago but Harold can't remember the way to the bathroom. He is subdued today. I don't know if it's from the pain in his elbow from his last fall or a new medicine he started last night. The only good thing from his last hospital visit was the doctor gave him a prescription that makes him sleep at night. Having to get up every 2 hours all night and day was killing me. He doesn't recognize this as his home and wants to go to his mother's house that was torn down after Hurricane Rita. No matter how many times we drive over there and show him it's not there it doesn't register. At least most of the time he remembers his parents are gone. It's hard having to tell someone over and over that their mother died.

We have had at least 4 inches of rain this week and rain is predicted for the next 10 days. We will have to bail the grass in the yard if it doesn't dry up soon. I walked out in the yard and even the grass on the hill is squishy.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Acadianmom wrote:He doesn't recognize this as his home and wants to go to his mother's house that was torn down after Hurricane Rita. No matter how many times we drive over there and show him it's not there it doesn't register. At least most of the time he remembers his parents are gone. It's hard having to tell someone over and over that their mother died.
Martha

Martha, so sorry to hear about Harold. It must be incredibly difficult for you, and my heart goes out to you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 pm

(((Hugs and prayers)))for you, Martha for the stressful days ahead. I know just how difficult being a caregiver is, and especially so when the loved one is confused.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Oh, Martha, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby longdog2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Martha.....so sorry you and Harold are going through this. It is probably harder on you than him since he doesn't remember. Glad to hear that his friends are still stopping by so that you get a little break now and then.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby elkriverrats » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Martha, I'm so sorry to read of Harold's struggle. It is a difficult time for you both. Sending you hugs and well wishes.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby mtngal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Good to hear from you Martha, but so sorry for your troubles with Harold. Hugs and love from Cali.
Diana
mtngal

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:34 am

Martha I'm so sorry you are having difficult times in your family. Praying for your strength and peace.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Redetotry » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 am

dpf wrote:Good Morning! I’ve been AWOL for a while, but I have been reading almost daily. Lots of miles being covered and lots of GTG. That’s great! We did our annual 4th of July campout with friends and had a fun time. Bronc spent one night camping with us and he had a riot. We watched Hadley while Ashley and Ryan took Bronc to a Bull-Er-Ama. Bronc entered the Mutton Bustin’ and didn’t bust the mutton! He didn’t quite have the jest of it and told Ryan that he thought he was supposed to fall off…everyone else did. Hadley didn’t have a good night while we watched her. She was gassy and cried and cried. She finally had a big blow out about a half hour before the kids came to pick her up. By the time I had her cleaned up she was a happy camper and then she had to leave. Dirty little cowboy below.
That’s just about all for now. Remember Camp Cihak is open.

Love hearing about your little cowboy and will look forward to hearing stories of Hadley.She is beautiful and I love her dress. I had a good laugh over Bronc thinking he was supposed to fall off!

Martha I am so sorry about Harold. Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you both.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 am

Oh, Martha, I'm so sorry you and Harold are having such a hard time. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you take care of him! Drew and I will be thinking of you.

Heading to Oscoda today -- taking one of G's grandchildren up for her two weeks at the cottage. It's a good thing my old van has room for bicycles!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Next

Return to Morning Coffee